User Avatar Image

Why didn't they show how Clementine escaped the city?

posted by Chrizza on - last edited - Viewed by 760 users

Isn't that a huge thing? Clementine for the first time on her own, needing to survive?

I'm afraid they skipped through that part because it was more convenient for them not having to address it...

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They would have had to have more than one scene for it because your character has the ability to tell Clem to go to more than one place. We assume that she eventually gave up and headed for the country I guess, even if we told her to look for Omid/Christie at the train/boat/high ground.

• @Chrizza said: So? Beautiful enough to address it.

It could've been done in a thirty second segment.

Exactly. Just laziness on TTG's part. Rather than address the problem, it's better for them to just skip the entire segment entirely. Just like in Episode 4 where Lee jumps back over the fence to get the tape from the doctor, it never explains how he got back over it since he needed Molly's help the first time.

• Why do we need to see her shambling out of the city?

I mean, we can extrapolate what happened by seeing her outside the city.....

• I was thinking about that too but it makes sense. She was still covered in walker blood so she could have just walked straight through everyone.

• @Chrizza said: Isn't that a huge thing? Clementine for the first time on her own, needing to survive?

I'm afraid they skipped through that part because it was more convenient for them not having to address it...

I think showing this bit after the credits at all was a mistake. It was Lee's story and it ended when he closed his eyes for the last time. It was perfect. And then they had to ruin it.
    You could also ask: why didn't they show what the others did when Lee was in the Sewers. We are with Lee. Always. We see what he sees and he didn't see anything any more. The End.

• I think mainly because we've been following Lee throughout this entire game, and they wanted the game to end in the last scene we see Lee.

• What makes less sense is that there were storm clouds in Savannah so it was about to rain and rain washes off the zombie guts, as seen in the show. So she couldn't have escaped the city in the rain with no zombie resistance on herself.

• after completing episode 5, i feel like i must continue the story as clementine!!!

• Season 1 was Lee's story. You didn't start the game with Clem sitting next to you in the police car. Naturally, Lee's story is going to end when he dies. He never would have gotten to see how Clem made it out of the city. The part after the credits was probably just to let the player know Clem was ok, and set up for season 2.

• @Juicymarmalade said: What makes less sense is that there were storm clouds in Savannah so it was about to rain and rain washes off the zombie guts, as seen in the show. So she couldn't have escaped the city in the rain with no zombie resistance on herself.

Well in the show they were covered themselves in plastic so everything just slid off when it rained. But we don't even know if she got stuck in the rain. On top of that you can still see the blood coating her in the very last scene so even if she did get caught in the rain the blood and smell definitely stayed on her.

Add Comment