User Avatar Image

Whoa, Ben (SPOILERS)

posted by KlNGEDY0 on - last edited - Viewed by 450 users

As much as I hated him for what he did for Kat and Duck, I felt sorry for him when it came to his argument with Ken in EP5, was about time he stood up for himself and that was the time. Even if Kenny was my bro I will admit that argument was slightly OTT.

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Viser said: I felt so bad for Ben throughout the entire game and I always treated him right... Ugh, why did you have to die? :'(

Even though he didn't prove himself he at least stood up for himself for the first time, and it was epic =/

I couldn't shake the impression that his epic rant was directed at certain audience members as much as Kenny... ;) His whole point was that it wasn't as simple as "its Ben's fault." That everything that had happened to all of them was a lot more complex and that he was a person, not just some inanimate object.

• Poor Ben. When I went back in a second save where he was alive (yes, I originally dropped him) his "FUCK YOU KENNY" just came out of nowhere, I almost jumped. For a second I thought Kenny would rip the kid's head off, but he forgave him. Made me proud of both of them.

• User Avatar Image
    Hue

@Velorian said: I never understood why Kenny couldn't just shoot him AND escape? If I were Lee I would definitely just have shot Ben, it's really the best thing for him anyway, and better for the group.

The way it came down felt more like Kenny committing suicide on some heroic pretext than real heroism.

I think Kenny found it hopeless and meaningless to live, so he chose to stay. Kenny has been motivated by two factors during the whole season - his family, and driving a boat to the sea as a final solution in the apocalypse, which he sticked to all the time. With family dead and the boat gone, plus he felt sorry for Ben, it is likely he choose to sacrifice himself for Ben.

• i felt no sympathy for ben, a lot of people lost family and loved ones hes not special. and he was a constant fuckup. and at the end he managed to do absolutely nothing for the group and even got Kenny killed.

• The satisfaction i got from dropping Ben's ass was EPIC.Some people here were claiming Ben will do some Heroic Act in Ep5 and rid the world from Apocalypse or something.Hilarious to see him die as he lived i.e. pathetic.

• @short_stack said: i felt no sympathy for ben, a lot of people lost family and loved ones hes not special. and he was a constant fuckup. and at the end he managed to do absolutely nothing for the group and even got Kenny killed.

Kenny could've ran away with Lee. Instead he did the brave choice and stuck around with the kid to use the last bullet on instead of himself.

• @marcu5 said: how do you know he didnt?

If you say "I'm not going anywhere!" and stay down as long as you can you can hear Kenny being eaten.

• I was never a big fan of Ben's "contribution" to the group but I had sympathy for him.
    I'm glad I saved him in the bell tower but I did still leave him behind at the house in episode 4. I'm also glad my suspicions that he didn't really want to die but felt that he should die to pay for his mistakes turned out to be true.

Kudos to Kenny for giving him a quick death by preventing Ben's biggest fear of being eaten alive coming true,which happens if he was dropped from the bell tower :(

The poor kid was cursed,when the group took on the walkers at the mansion he even had less bullets in his gun than everyone else :p

• No matter if Ben is there or not, when he sees Ben fall or sees the Walkie fall in the hole, both times he says

"Me and my big fucking mouth..."

• Ben... love him or hate him he still didn't do much in the end. He still messed up and got another person killed. Well... at least he was better than Larry and mister nut job who took Clem (and just like Larry nothing you do will make him happy. Even if you don't steal his food he still hates you)

Add Comment