User Avatar Image

Vernon... What the fuck?

posted by Luizao876 on - last edited - Viewed by 971 users

Something I never understood in Episode 5 is how's Vernon's group stole the boat.

As far as I know, they didn't have any car to move it. And I'm sure they couldn't move it with their own bare hands.

Something I love about him that he thought getting a boat and go to the sea wasn't a good idea, but he stole it anyway. I mean, I understand wanting to getting out of Savannah, but screwing Lee and everybody up, is too much hypocrisy.

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @trd84 said: It finally made sense why he didn't tell us about the zombies.

    the way i see it, i vernons frustration. they attracted thousands of zombies to an area that they could have easily secured. so it was some wise manipulating, but they still wouldn't have the man power to steal it.

  • Kenny getting his ass kicked was hilarious IMHO.

    Honestly he sucks at fighting.

    You can beat the shit out of him (Determinant)

    He gets his ass kicked by Molly.

    Cancer Patients GangBang him XD

  • @Valkama said: This kind of thing is what we call bad writing, a very prominent feature of Episode 5.

    Someone who gets it.

    I love how the cancer survivors who hated everything Crawford stood for came to steal a boat from people, doing the exact same thing Crawford would've done.

    Apparently all they had was a gun, which Lee had an option to take from Vernon so how in the fuck did they overpower Ben, Kenny, Omid, and Christa, all of which are armed and all of which I left with the boat on a second run?

    And don't feed me that "They got guns from Crawford" excuse. The armory was empty.

  • @Viner16 said: Kenny getting his ass kicked was hilarious IMHO.

    Honestly he sucks at fighting.

    You can beat the shit out of him (Determinant)

    He gets his ass kicked by Molly.

    Cancer Patients GangBang him XD

    Larry knocks the fuck out of him too if you tell him to fight him.

  • @trd84 said: Well Crawford was deserted. So I'm sure they could have found a working car. they also had to carry around the food and supplies they had.

    Only, Crawford was overrun with zombies thanks to the bell ringing. And Vernon's group didn't have many weapons. Only a pistol I can recall.

  • @Doctanian said: Someone who gets it.

    I love how the cancer survivors who hated everything Crawford stood for came to steal a boat from people, doing the exact same thing Crawford would've done.

    Apparently all they had was a gun, which Lee had an option to take from Vernon so how in the fuck did they overpower Ben, Kenny, Omid, and Christa, all of which are armed and all of which I left with the boat on a second run?

    And don't feed me that "They got guns from Crawford" excuse. The armory was empty.

    How do you know they didn't have any other guns laying around hidden in their den?

    Also, don't forget what the cop said in the beginning in the game.
    "People will up and go mad when they believe their life is over."


    They found a weak group that was about to collapse and they have a fully working boat unattended (at least when you have all of them with you)? It was clear that they would die if they stayed and they couldn't come with Lee and them because the boat was already full. They saw their chance to live another day.

    What you say isn't always what you think neither.

  • @plaqueconspiracy said: How do you know they didn't have any other guns laying around hidden in their den?


    Granted, I'm assuming they didn't have many weapons. My main reason for that is Brie or any of the others didn't reach for any other weapons. Even when Lee let his guard down (if you threaten them).

    Also, I didn't see Brie or Vernon with any weapons at the Crawford raid.

    So yeah, I'm still calling bullshit.

  • @Doctanian said: Granted, I'm assuming they didn't have many weapons. My main reason for that is Brie or any of the others didn't reach for any other weapons. Even when Lee let his guard down (if you threaten them).

    Also, I didn't see Brie or Vernon with any weapons at the Crawford raid.

    So yeah, I'm still calling bullshit.

    Yeah, that's true... It would be pretty stupid not to bring any guns to the raid if you had them... I feel like they must've still had some kind of stash somewhere. Because if you leave Kenny there with the boat and they came unarmed or with just one or two guns Kenny would've been on that "fucker in about 2 seconds". He ran at the St. Johns brother when he had a rifle pointed at him. You'd have a better chance running at an old cancer victim with a revolver.

    Kenny waving the white flag when perhaps his only ticket to survival is about to be stolen by some old folks? Yeah, right...

    Even if he had bruises when you find him I think he would've fought to his death.

  • User Avatar Image
    N7.

    But as I know boat was on a car!!!!! :confused::confused:
    Wasn't it ?

  • I thought the boat was on a trailer.

    For me I left Ben with the boat so it made sense to me to him getting it taken from him. I don't think it's so much poor writing, it's a poor option to allow more than 1 person to say behind to guard the boat.

    You should leave 1 or zero people and have the boat taken. Otherwise it gets odd story-wise, but if you don't let people have the choice it's a limiting factor.

    However because no one saw Vernon and his group with guns didn't mean they couldn't acquire them as they were planning to take the boat. Vernon could have been working with Lee for the sole purpose of doing something like that. After Crawford was found to have fallen perhaps that left the a power gap of sorts and let Vernon do what he had always hoped he could. Get armed and get the hell out of dodge.

    Crawford was the only thing originally keeping them all pinned down in there safe area after all.

Add Comment