User Avatar Image

Kenny dead or alive? (massively merged threads)

posted by Keupajer on - last edited - Viewed by 6.1K users

Am I the only one who thinks, that Kenny just might survived? I saw both ways, but none of them actually showed his dead. And in the ending reviews, it says, that we "lost him in a group of walkers".

So is he dead?

399 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You actually hear him dying if you stick around at the gate...

so yeah, he's dead.

• @Fluffyburrito said: You actually hear him dying if you stick around at the gate...

so yeah, he's dead.

The only noticable human sound to know would be screaming, and I heard none of that, only gurgles, which could be him or walkers, no way to tell.

• @kirby18 said: All I have to say about this is : He is dead. Telltale has done a really really really really good job about being realistic. While virtually everyone has claimed molly, lilly, carly, and now kenny is coming back - they arent. Kenny was in a non win situation anyway possible. If hes alive telltale loses the one thing that i think seperates them from other games which is being realistic (ofcourse in a zombie apocalypse) while also giving a great story. So kenny is dead.

If Telltale was going be realistic, there might be a chance that Kenny is alive. Look at war stories, some people who were thought to be dead turned out to be alive. That happens sometimes in real life. So if Telltale was going for realism, they would have left the door open for Kenny being alive and he might very well be; we just have to wait and see.

• I really don't think Kenny had any intention of surviving either scenario. In the alley he even says that, if you tell him Kat wouldn't want this, either "I save the kid, or I get to see Kat again." Plus he tells the group to go on without him if he saves Christa, and even screams "Get the fuck off me!" which seems to imply that he had been bitten. Either way, he intended to do something right and probably die doing it.

• in the end, in the resume of the characters they say that kenny is dead. I wouldnt want him to die, but hell...i did not want Lee to die either!!! (*cries*)

• It's never stated that Kenny is actually "dead". The ending says that he was "lost" to the herd. For everyone else it actually said that they were dead, had been killed, commited suicide, etc. But, when so many other words would have gotten the point across that Kenny was actually dead, they chose to say "lost" instead. TT probably just wants to keep his fate ambiguous, but with a strong implication that he didn't make it. So it's possible he lived, just not likely.

• @Rock114 said: It's never stated that Kenny is actually "dead". The ending says that he was "lost" to the herd. For everyone else it actually said that they were dead, had been killed, commited suicide, etc. But, when so many other words would have gotten the point across that Kenny was actually dead, they chose to say "lost" instead. TT probably just wants to keep his fate ambiguous, but with a strong implication that he didn't make it. So it's possible he lived, just not likely.

omg you´re right!! genious!

• @Rickbarry said: 1) Didn't Tyrese take out a few dozen zombies in a small locked down area of the prison with a crowbar/bat of some kind?

2) Didn't a guy that was locked in an incredibly small space with a few dozen walkers manage to escape from a prison yard and get back into said prison to wreak havoc on an episode of The Walking Dead?

3) Didn't Lee walk through a sea of walkers slashing without getting killed or even bitten?

4) Didn't a guy track their group even after they got on a train and kidnap Clementine?

Is it totally impossible that Kenny could have been knocked through a window or door and survived? We make it a point to see every death in this series and the only one we didn't (of a main story character) was Kenny. It's not that far fetched to assume he could have gotten away. In Episode four we all thought Chuck was alive, but guess what we saw a little bit later? His corpse.

People that state Kenny living would ruin the realism of the series to date seem semi-retarded. All of the characters listed above should have died, but we didn't see their deaths and all popped back in the storyline at a later point. It's not impossible.

1) Tyrese was built like a machine and knew how to do melee.

2) He ran past at least 5 zombies within a time period of 2 seconds. They were clearly weak. Plus, there was a fence he could climb to escape.

3) He had zombie guts & blood on him that masked his scent. It confused and detracted most of them.

4) The walkie-talkie.

Kenny was just some 40-something year-old man that didn't really have anything to live for anymore.

• Oh please. Are you guys seriously believing Kenny would be able to fight off an entire zombie horde coming at him from both sides[ben situation] or in the dark[christa situation] ?
    He got his ass kicked by a bunch of elderly cancer patients ffs! Hahaha

Add Comment