User Avatar Image

What did Campman tell you?

posted by HiggsBoson2142 on - last edited - Viewed by 707 users

"You stole from the car."

"You killed a man with a pitchfork right in front of a little girl!"
(You killed Danny)
"You left a girl that new about your past to die!"
(You chose to save Doug)

Something like that. It's all I can remember.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The fun thing with Campman is you don't know what he did before to survive. He is obviously a self-loathing man who puts all his faults on Lee and his group as a way to cope with himself regardless of what Lee did. For all we know, he may have killed his son in the woods, or was involved with bandits and the St. Johns, or did any number of horrible things to survive. He could've been just a broken family man with a lust for revenge or both that and a real sick and twisted man who killed many people throughout his quest to survive.

There is an awful lot of diluted blood on the man's clothes which may or may not just be from walkers, but he obviously got more supplies, food, and gasoline from somewhere; I doubt it was all as a result of moral nature. We will never know though, but he seems to be trying to convince himself that he is not evil when talking to Lee, implying that there is a great deal more to his story than what he tells about his family. He did horrible things, but has a chance to make himself feel better by begrudging someone else who made mistakes. I did love that mystique though and I never expected to be having a philosophical conversation with the final antagonist in a quiet room as if never is happening in the world.

• @Chris-Sabian said: I thought that too but since Clementine’s parents are seen right outside at the end, and since they were at the hotel before the outbreak, I figured the zombies had been there the whole time.

Also, He may have stalked the group since the beginning, since his car is seen at the hotel, so he must have stayed in the woods by the dairy and he possibly came in contact with the retarded brothers at the dairy.

There were some walkers already there. But he was in the motel with Clem as the herd came into the city.

• He accused me of taking Clem to the farm (which was dangerous) and for leaving Lilly at the side of the road.

There was a third thing, but I don't recall it.

Edit: Wait.... I think he accused me of not helping Hershal's kid.

• [QUOTE]

The fun thing with Campman is you don't know what he did before to survive. He is obviously a self-loathing man who puts all his faults on Lee and his group as a way to cope with himself regardless of what Lee did. For all we know, he may have killed his son in the woods, or was involved with bandits and the St. Johns, or did any number of horrible things to survive. He could've been just a broken family man with a lust for revenge or both that and a real sick and twisted man who killed many people throughout his quest to survive.

There is an awful lot of diluted blood on the man's clothes which may or may not just be from walkers, but he obviously got more supplies, food, and gasoline from somewhere; I doubt it was all as a result of moral nature. We will never know though, but he seems to be trying to convince himself that he is not evil when talking to Lee, implying that there is a great deal more to his story than what he tells about his family. He did horrible things, but has a chance to make himself feel better by begrudging someone else who made mistakes. I did love that mystique though and I never expected to be having a philosophical conversation with the final antagonist in a quiet room as if never is happening in the world. [/QUOTE]

That’s what I thought too. He does sound like a psychopath.

• think it was pretty weaksauce, he also blames you for stuff you had no control over, such as taking clem to the diary. or saving eitherone of carley or doug, which one you did doesn't matter he blames you for not saving the opposite. >.

• He brought up stealing from the car, Danny and leaving Lilly. Those were probably my darkest choices but I stood by them.

• He told me that I let Clementine eat human meat (I told him I tried my best), he said that I left a grieving, defenceless woman (Lilly) behind (I told him that he wasn't there), and he told me that Clementine is wearing his son's sweatshirt (I can't remember what I said here, I think I probably said that I fucked up).

But when I copied my save onto Save 2 and tried out something in that scene (what Lee says if he chooses Carley as someone he cares about but hurt, he says that he wished he did more to keep her alive), instead of mentioning that I failed to stop Clementine eating human meat, which is true, he said that I killed a man with a pitchfork in front of Clementine, which I never did? I checked my stats as well and I kept both brothers alive and I remember that clearly. I am pretty sure it glitched out or something, but my first playthrough with what he said was accurate, although he was definitely deluded/crazy. I don't understand how he thought that I LET Clementine eat human meat, and thinks I should of taken Lilly with me after what she did to Carley.

Edit: I thought he would have mentioned killing Larry, since I assumed that option would have affected Clementine much more than leaving Lilly behind. But later on at the end of the Episode Clementine told me that she understands why I killed Larry, which I was surprised that she would mention but I was happy about that. Did she say that to anyone else?

• From what I remember, he called me out just on the things I had no control over - Doug dying, bringing Lilly and taking her to the dairy.

@DreadMagus said: Wait.... I think he accused me of not helping Hershal's kid.

Was this one of the things he calls you out on too? I can't remember.

• Told me off for letting Clem into the dairy, for leaving Lilly on the side of the road, and he said that Clem's hoodie was his son's.

• "You are a highly skilled warrior, well suited for this mission."
    "I see that you like to play Sam and Max. As well as Tales of Monkey Island... You also like Puzzle Agent..."
    "Hmmm. You have not saved often."

Add Comment