User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 23.5K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I say NO! to a completely different group with no connections to season one. I was completely satisfied with the choices that Telltale managed to give us throughout the season but I did except some more variation to the ending,not a vast amount(4 or 6) instead of just two.Clem living, no matter what you do, surely means that we continue her story,doesnt it? If season 2 has no connection to 1 then I'll be surprised and disappointed that the ending didn't branch out more(I totally understand the constraints if we do continue with Clem's story).

I was somewhat apathetic to Christa and Omid in episode 3 but 4 or 5 made me really like and care for them. I enjoyed and appreciated Omid's optimism and humour and Christa showed that she is a caring and resourceful woman who is willing to step up when the others dither, I jumped at the option to let them take care of Clementine. Please continue their and Clem's story Telltale. Does Clem find them? Is it them on the hill? What will happen to them and their future child? Did they even make it out of Savannah?!

I don't want to play as any of them but I most definitely what them in our future protagonist's group( and Molly too :D)

I want future seasons to continue with survivors I have gotten to know and care for in previous ones and not just start from scratch each time.If it's true that we are told to keep our saves, why start again with a totally unconnected story?

• In the end of Season 2, Clementime will sit on a hill, watching the sunset go down, then she hears footsteps, you see two pair of legs, Clem doesn't turn around since she is scared, you then hear "Hello Sweat pea" *Screen fades black* You'll have to wait for Season 3! SOO INTENSE!

• The way I hope for season 2 to start off. We start with a new main character (Male and female) and you get to pick your gender (they both can be together. Just have the one not picked die).

Have them meet Clem and then go from there. You can have past actions affect future ones from the relationships you had or add new characters. How would Lilly react to the new group or about finding out that Lee is dead?

Will they search for a boat or go to the country side? How will Clem be affected by this new change and about Lee's death? How will Lee's actions through eposide one affect the group? Did Kenny die (because I think he did) and will we hopefully not be given a cursed person?

(personally I would go with the Left 4 Dead 1 plan. Go get a boat and find a small island. Less zombies to deal with and one big enough to support yourself on.)

As for the possible new characters... Don't have another Ben. Ben was the worst of them all and that is including Larry who went out of his way. He destoryed the first group (raider trading), got you swarmed by zombies (Unlocked the doors), and kept killing your group members off as he made more fights (Shouting I killed when your trying keep yourselves safe). Saving him in the bell tower will have him make more fights (more complaining), cause another moment of bad luck (Balcony break), and nearly (properly) gets Kenny killed (With him trapped and dead) and gives you even more problems. In a way not killing him is a crime in itself.

• I want to play as Molly, or a whole new character.

• Maybe Clementine travelling around like molly, or maybe shes with omid and christa and molly + Lily maybe since lily got no grudge with them or maybe Glenn The guy that left, and he got another walkie talkie

• Why is everyone still liking Lilly and thinking she is staying in the series? She is done and hated for me. She shot Carley/Doug in the face in cold blood. What else do you need to know she was an animal even more than Kenny was to Larry.

• I want Clem and Molly to come back. Maybe not as the protagonists (would be wicked though) but i want to know what happens to them regardless!

• Do you think Kenny is actually dead?
    He dies in two possible ways in this game, either trying to save Ben's life or jumping in the hole to save Christa. What I find interesting is that they never ACTUALLY show Kenny being killed in any outcome. Maybe that's a hint he'll come back in season 2. Maybe one of the people Clementine saw at the end was Kenny?

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

If you tell Kenny that "Katjaa wouldn't have wanted this", Lee stays back behind the door and actually watches Kenny get killed. You still don't see it happen, but you can tell from Lee's expression on his face that he knows that Kenny died.

• @Jennifer said: If you tell Kenny that "Katjaa wouldn't have wanted this", Lee stays back behind the door and actually watches Kenny get killed. You still don't see it happen, but you can tell from Lee's expression on his face that he knows that Kenny died.

Maybe he was just watching Ben get eaten?

Add Comment