User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]The Walking Dead episode 5 and entire game REVIEW thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 10.9K users

Yup, this is it. Post your long and short, detailed or general, random or specific thoughts about the last episode and concluding thoughts about the Season right here.

No spoiler tags necessary, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE PLAYED THE EPISODES!!!

(poll rates the whole game, not just episode 5)

278 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Was great but not flawless 9.5/10

• Just had to register to post my appreciation of The Walking Dead.

It's a masterpiece, I've never cried at a game before, the scripting was incredible and special thanks for the actors involved, especially for the two playing Clem and Lee. This game is a masterclass in provoking emotions.

Thank you so much.

• @twistedscrote said: Just had to register to post my appreciation of The Walking Dead.

It's a masterpiece, I've never cried at a game before, the scripting was incredible and special thanks for the actors involved, especially for the two playing Clem and Lee. This game is a masterclass in provoking emotions.

Thank you so much.

Same lol.

• @twistedscrote said: and special thanks for the actors involved, especially for the two playing Clem and Lee.

Clem: Melissa_Profile.jpg

Lee: Dave_Fennoy.jpg

• Yeah but its defo better grossing than other games. They should make this there flagship like AC at Ubisoft or GTA for Rockstar

• I too registered just to write down my impressions... this was really a true journey with the characters. I hadn't felt such a bond between any two in any game like Lee and Clem. And every episode brought something new... the first one was probably the most packed with zombie action, second one was creepy as hell, and probably the scariest. Third one... wow... lost 3 great characters, felt bad for each and every one of them... killing Duck was probably the hardest part of the whole game... and that episode had a relaxing sensation to it. Riding on the train, camping in front of it before you figure out how to get it running. Fourth episode was a thriller at it's best! And a proper mix of emotions - utter sadness when I saw "My doggie Walter" picture on the fridge, followed by a skinny zombie kid, killing it and placing it into a grave with his friend Walter... a thrill of looting Crawford, a sensation of peace and tranquility when I found refuge in the sewers... a mind puzzling choice making when Kenny said only 5 can get on the boat - I killed Ben just so I don't have to tell him we're leaving him, and I was hoping Omid was dead so I won't have to make such a decision. And anger and disbelief when Clem was taken and a zombie bit me. Episode five was a hectic attempt to save anything that could have been saved, lose of your best friend in the entire game and a horrific ending - pushing through hundreds of zombies and seeing a little girl's heart break as she saw her undead parents... The end was something else as you give your last breath to save the life of a child that seemed almost as a real one after all of this. Bravo Telltale, a job very well done. I can't wait for season 2, I hope it comes out before the end of the year, cause this game just doesn't leave you even when you finish it.

• 9.5. A little short, but still amazing.

Add Comment