User Avatar Image

There should've been a part where you choose if Kenny or Clementine lives,

posted by KennysBestBud on - last edited - Viewed by 182 users

Of course it'd be sad if someone chose Kenny not Clementine,
but I feel it would be a choice players would have trouble with.

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't think there would have been such a choice because Kenny would definitely sacrifice himself for Clem if it ever came to the point where we had to choose between the two of them

• But if it was like the Carley/Doug situation where both were trapped, Kenny couldn't do anything.

• I think that kenny would have died either way like in episode 1 with shawn or duck. Or he would have a sacrifice for her. Not sure it would have mattered with lee still bitten and gonna die either way.

• I think it would be pretty pointless to decide between a full grown man capable to defend himself and a samll girl. Yeah, that could have been done, but seeing most people love Kenny and Clem, you'd want them both to live, so pretty much everyone would help Clem and hope Kenny makes it. However, if someone chose to save Kenny instead of Clem, I think that would also be the end of Kenny - being saved over a child, after he had to shoot his own. Nah, pretty pointless.

• @KennysBestBud said: Of course it'd be sad if someone chose Kenny not Clementine,

I would pick the third option; not choosing either and Lee shoots himself to not bear the thought of it.

• Nobody would have a problem with this decision.

Pretty much everyone would choose Clementine without hesitation.

Apart from me. I'd choose Kenny.

Bad idea? Yes.
    Selfish idea? Yes.
    Am I still going to choose it? Yes.

Kenny was my friend. I liked Kenny. He was in my top five favourite characters.

Clementine just barely scraped into my top fifteen.

Sure, I liked Clementine, I thought she was cute. But I held no real affection for her. She was just a kid I had to run and save.

• @KennysBestBud said: Of course it'd be sad if someone chose Kenny not Clementine,

This just wouldn't work, because then there would be 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT Season 2s.

• That sort of decision wouldn't have made sense. Choosing to save Clem would have just netted you "You and 98.5% of other players chose to save Clem" after the episode had concluded.

Clem is practically Lee's daughter. Very few people were going to put another character first, other than perhaps to see what happens before reloading.

• @Willzy123 said: This just wouldn't work, because then there would be 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT Season 2s.

How do we know that without ever playing Season 2? We don't know if Clem will be a main character of it or even if she will be in the game.

• @Gman5852 said: How do we know that without ever playing Season 2? We don't know if Clem will be a main character of it or even if she will be in the game.

They wouldn't have made the after credits scene, if Clementine wasn't in Season 2.

Add Comment