User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead for PS Vita ?

posted by deejay214 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

Hi,
I was wondering if there was going to be a Vita version of the walking dead game. I played it on ps3 and enjoyed it a lot. With the vita's choice of controls. it seems like it would be great to interact and play the game on the system. It has the power to run a little scaled down version of the ps3 game. I saw somewhere that it was available on the Ipad too.
So it's a question and a request - The Walking Dead on the PS Vita please.......????

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Zeruis said: Might not be an impossible thing for the Wii U to have the game. If this happens though, I think it would be accurate to have it released after all the episodes are out.

yeah, not that i plan on getting a wii u...unless i traded in my existing wii and some games and it can play game cube games and i win the lottery or i find a nice rich girl lol

the controller just looks like a pain in the ass to use and the 'pro controller' is just a straight xbox/ps3 rip off..

• Figured TWD is everywhere why not on the Vita? The touch screen is perfect for point and click and the Vita also has physical buttons. (Stating the obvious lol) I know a lot of people who would buy The Walking Dead on the Vita. Come on TT make it happen. What better way to get your game out to the masses than to make it available on every platform? It just makes since and I suspect it will be welcomed with open palms, by the Vita community. My money is already on the table. so what say you TellTale? The Vita is more than capable of running the game. Give one of the most amazing handhelds ever created one of the best Titles out right now. Not knocking IOS but come on, I know there's a place at your table for a few Vitabros.

• What do you guys think? Would it work?

• With the Vita having a low install base I can understand targeting devices with large install bases like iOS but I would love to see Remote Play implemented. I don't know exactly how much work and effort goes into getting Remote Play working in a game but I think the Walking Dead would be a perfect candidate for it.

• It would be perfect to play it on my Vita on bed before going to sleep.
    Come on TT, do it.

• @W1SSY said: With the Vita having a low install base I can understand targeting devices with large install bases like iOS but I would love to see Remote Play implemented. I don't know exactly how much work and effort goes into getting Remote Play working in a game but I think the Walking Dead would be a perfect candidate for it.

Understandable, yes millions of people own apple products but how many of those millions actually own them to play games on? The Vita is made for games so there's no question that TWD will find a true gaming audience there. Its a shame that a great game like this will skip a dedicated gaming device for a phone or tablet. I wonder how much TWD has sold on IOS? I'd take Remote Play if it works the way it is supposed to but I'd prefer a straight port. I can be sure if it happens people would double dip just for the experience of having it on the Vita.

• Taken from a PsVitaforums member. "It would be cool to see a Vita release, and the Vita is a perfect device for this game- you could walk with an analogue stick and use the touch screen to interact with the environment (or just use all touch or all physical controls). I've already beaten the game on my PS3, but if Tell-Tale released it on the Vita, I'd buy it again. A pretty good game."

• Do take note that Telltale has not released any of their games in mobile/handheld devices except for ios. It might come out in the future for vita, but the chance is slim.

• I would like so much to have a PS VITA version of Walking Dead Season 2, but I don't know why Telltale would do that as they didn't for season 1.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

We are not currently planning to release The Walking Dead on the Vita, but I also do not believe it's been discussed. I will make sure to mention your support for the idea to our Production team.

Add Comment