User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 24.9K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You see Kenny get bit if Ben's alive

• @ZombieSeaweed said: Do you think Kenny is actually dead?
    He dies in two possible ways in this game, either trying to save Ben's life or jumping in the hole to save Christa. What I find interesting is that they never ACTUALLY show Kenny being killed in any outcome. Maybe that's a hint he'll come back in season 2. Maybe one of the people Clementine saw at the end was Kenny?

no. he's dead.

• You don't see any bite, you need to put teeth on the body and clamp down to bite.

• @DoubleMatt1 said: You see Kenny get bit if Ben's alive

All you see is Kenny throw a walker back with his arm. If you freeze frame it you don't see his sleeve torn or anything at all during the whole scene. So no you really do not see him get bit. You see a zombie lunge at him and him throwing it back.

• While it's possible for Kenny to be alive, it's not likely. Although it DOES seem as though TT wanted to make certain that both scenes were ambiguous, and even the epilogue states that he was "lost" to the herd while everyone we KNOW is dead was actually listed as dead, killed, etc. I don't think TT intentionally made both scenes and the epilogue so ambiguous about his actual fate just for the hell of it, so it may be safe to say that they have future plans for Kenny. Even if it is something as small as visiting those locations in season 2 and seeing him dead/undead in the room, or finding whats left of him alongside Ben's corpse in the alley.

• @Rock114 said: While it's possible for Kenny to be alive, it's not likely. Although it DOES seem as though TT wanted to make certain that both scenes were ambiguous, and even the epilogue states that he was "lost" to the herd while everyone we KNOW is dead was actually listed as dead, killed, etc. I don't think TT intentionally made both scenes and the epilogue so ambiguous about his actual fate just for the hell of it, so it may be safe to say that they have future plans for Kenny. Even if it is something as small as visiting those locations in season 2 and seeing him dead/undead in the room, or finding whats left of him alongside Ben's corpse in the alley.

they did that on purpose so we can make all these assumptions that may or not be anywhere near the truth.

• @george1120 said: they did that on purpose so we can make all these assumptions that may or not be anywhere near the truth.

They want us to talk about the ending.

• I honestly think he's not only coming back, but might even be season 2's protagonist. They wouldn't make his death so ambiguous without a reason.

• I think it's a good possibility for either option, although the odds are in favor that he is dead due to the circumstances, you just can't confirm it. Telltale may have left that open for an air of mystery. That, or they want to leave their options open, now they can bring Kenny back should they want too, due to the fact that nobody can confirm his death.

Also, surprised nobody has mentioned that the walkers in the alley didn't seem to be interested in feeding. You would imagine they would feast upon fresh meat such as Kenny, yet when you see Lee look down, none of them are feeding. Saying that, none of them are giving chase either, or would that be because of Ben...

Bit of a strange one that.

• i think we will get a season 2 with the 2 people clem sees being a man and a woman that are completely new to the story and they start running after clem and she starts runing away they start screaming : WE don't wanna hurt you!

Then clementine runs into a walker and then the male guy (protaganist) shoots the walker and clementine goes with them but still doesn't trust them and the whole first episode is about getting clemnetine to trsut you and in the end of the episode you end up winning her trust.

And also a possible choice down the line is for omid and christa to find clem and clem has to choose betwen omid and christa and the 2 people that found her

Sorry for bad english

Add Comment