User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 20K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Three Stooges 0/10

What. The. FUCK!!!! This abysmal, offensive piece of shit made me want to gouge my own eyeballs out. It fuckin' sucks, it suckin' fucks, it fuckin' blows, it's a piece of shit, and I wish my eyes had never been laid upon it. The Stooges would be turning over in their graves if they saw this movie, and, I mean, what the fuck were they thinking? They actually believed it was a good idea?! I have lost all of my faith in humanity just because of Bobby and Peter Farrelly. And really, Jersey Shore? JERSEY FUCKING SHORE!? WHO IN THEIR RIGHT FUCKING MIND PUTS JERSEY SHORE IN A FUCKING THREE STOOGES MOVIE!!!!???? *huff, huff, huff*

Moe: Easy, easy Fido.

• Wreck-It Ralph

This movie is like a love letter to gamers of all kinds. The plot is very basic at first, but it quickly evolves into a pretty heartfelt story. Well, as heartfelt as you can get out of video game characters, anyway. Which is still pretty much.

The voice cast is phenomenal. Even though it's an all-star cast for the most part, the actors do a very good job voicing their respective characters and providing the majority of the humor for the film.

The animation is incredibly good, being able to create a feeling of reality at some points but also being able to capture the some-what choppy style of 8-Bit animation when necessary.

As for the soundtrack, not a lot really stood out, but it served its purpose. It fit the setting right and it didn't take away from the scenery or action of the movie.

The humor, as stated prior is tailored towards gamers of all kinds, from fans of the 8-Bit retro era to fans of more action-packed/story-based games, to even fans of more casual games (mostly kart-racing games, but still).

Final Verdict: If you go see this movie, you are going to enjoy it. It's easily the best video game movie ever made. (It's not based on anything in particular, but still.)

10/10

PS: If I really had to nitpick, I'd say that the puns in the "Sugar Rush" sections of the movie can get a bit tiring. I know that it's supposed to be the whole point, but still, lame puns are lame puns.

• @StrongBrush1 said: Wreck-It Ralph

This movie is like a love letter to gamers of all kinds. The plot is very basic at first, but it quickly evolves into a pretty heartfelt story. Well, as heartfelt as you can get out of video game characters, anyway. Which is still pretty much.

The voice cast is phenomenal. Even though it's an all-star cast for the most part, the actors do a very good job voicing their respective characters and providing the majority of the humor for the film.

The animation is incredibly good, being able to create a feeling of reality at some points but also being able to capture the some-what choppy style of 8-Bit animation when necessary.

As for the soundtrack, not a lot really stood out, but it served its purpose. It fit the setting right and it didn't take away from the scenery or action of the movie.

The humor, as stated prior is tailored towards gamers of all kinds, from fans of the 8-Bit retro era to fans of more action-packed/story-based games, to even fans of more casual games (mostly kart-racing games, but still).

Final Verdict: If you go see this movie, you are going to enjoy it. It's easily the best video game movie ever made. (It's not based on anything in particular, but still.)

10/10

PS: If I really had to nitpick, I'd say that the puns in the "Sugar Rush" sections of the movie can get a bit tiring. I know that it's supposed to be the whole point, but still, lame puns are lame puns.

I am really excited for Wreck It Ralph....But then Disney decided that instead of giving it to us soon after the US got it (Maybe a week or 2) they decided to release it in the UK in February 2013! :mad:

• The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

8/10

A really magical film by the genius that is Terry Gilliam! :D

I love tall tale stories (I liked Big Fish as well) this one has a twist of Python (can't help that with Eric Idle in the movie! XD) but also a little bit of a dark edge and excellent humour.

Brazil is probably Gilliam's best work but this film has a lot of charm to it as well so I'd rank it second out of his movies.

• Thor.

But what I'm going to rate is the one-shot that came with it, The Consultant. Which I give a 10/10. It was only about five minutes, but it was five minutes of Coulson and Sitwell and it was pure brilliance. Also, made the ending of Incredible Hulk make SO much more sense and actually become extremely funny.

• Went to the Kennedy School theater and finally watched Paranorman. Rather lovely movie not afraid to be who it wants to be. The movie is very well structured; all the scenes had a purpose and I never felt like I was lost or bored. The music was also very well done. I guess the only thing I can think of that could have been better was the development of secondary characters. However, that's very slight and the movie flows well regardless. If you haven't seen it already, it's definitely worth watching.

• I saw the first two Nightmare on Elm Street movies. I liked the concept, but sometimes I just got confused...

Nightmare on Elm Street- 7/10. It...was okay. Sometimes I got confused as to whether if the situations were switching between nightmares and reality. Characters were not likable, except for Freddy.

Nightmare on Elm Street 2- 8.5/10. This one was quite better. I liked the characters, and it wasn't quite as confusing as the first.

Of course, after watching both endings, I just sat there thinking "What just happened?"

• @Zeruis said: Characters were not likable, except for Freddy.

Then I guess you watched the remakes. Bad idea!

• Red Dawn (remake) 6/10

It was alright. I liked the original a hell of a lot more, though. Who doesn’t?

Lincoln 8/10

Damn good movie. Day-Lewis really pulled it off.

• Technically this was the first Harry Potter movie last week. 6/10. The kid's performances really bring it down (and I know it's not really their fault, but even so, ouch) but otherwise it wasn't that bad.

Add Comment