User Avatar Image

When will Fables be released?

posted by Eduardo on - last edited - Viewed by 3.6K users

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/telltales-walking-dead-game-going-gold-soon-fables-planned-for-q3/

In related news, Connors also offered me an update on the progress of Telltale’s work on an adventure game adaptation of Bill Willingham’s Fables comic book series. It’s still very much happening and it’s actually a lot further along than you might think. The recent focus of Telltale’s press campaigning has not surprisingly been on The Walking Dead, but we’ll be seeing Fables very soon. In fact, the plan is to launch the game this year in Q3.

Expect to see Fables makes its first appearance at or around E3, with another look to follow, appropriately enough, at San Diego Comic-Con in July. Connors told me that there’s still some question as to what the title will be, as Fables fall close to a certain other, familiar franchise. The developer set Fables for a Q1 2012 release in an announcement early last year (via Joystiq), but it seems that those plans have changed.

62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If we got ep 1 before Christmas, which probably is super optimistic, I would be happy. Im just as excited to play Fables. Its one of my favorite comic series.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

The first thing that will have to happen is the Fables forum to rise to the top of the forum list, banning TWD to second place. As soon as THIS happens, big announcements are probably just around the corner. ;)

• Are you sure, that they won't need a bigger gap between seasons?

As far as I can tell, TWD was almost 6 months after Jurrassic Park..? I could ofcause be wrong:)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

TWD started five months after Jurassic Park...

but seven episodes of Law & Order were between. :o

/edit:

@JobJStauffer_TTG said:

We're looking forward to an exciting end to 2012 with the coming retail release of The Walking Dead, and we're even more excited for what's to come in 2013 and beyond.

December release: not likely. ;)

• Thanks for clearing that up:)

So Vain. If we look at the time between games (historically), how much time will we be wating on the first episode of fable..? Are we talking 1, 2 or even 3 months?

• @Keupajer said: Thanks for clearing that up:)

So Vain. If we look at the time between games (historically), how much time will we be wating on the first episode of fable..? Are we talking 1, 2 or even 3 months?

Not Vain, but if it helps, here's the past wait times between the end of one Telltale game and the beginning of another.

-Seven months between Sam and Max Save the World and Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space.
    -Four months between Beyond Time and Space and Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People.
    -Three months between Strong Bad and Wallace and Gromit.
    -Tales of Monkey Island is a weird case, as Episode 1 was released three weeks before Wallace and Gromit ended.
    -Four months between Tales of Monkey Island and Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse.
    -Four months between The Devil's Playhouse and Back to the Future.
    -Five months between Back to the Future and Jurassic Park.
    -One month between Jurassic Park and Law and Order: Legacies.
    -One month between Law and Order and The Walking Dead.

Four to five months seems to be the norm.

• @RAnthonyMahan said: Not Vain, but if it helps, here's the past wait times between the end of one Telltale game and the beginning of another.

-Seven months between Sam and Max Save the World and Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space.
    -Four months between Beyond Time and Space and Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People.
    -Three months between Strong Bad and Wallace and Gromit.
    -Tales of Monkey Island is a weird case, as Episode 1 was released three weeks before Wallace and Gromit ended.
    -Four months between Tales of Monkey Island and Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse.
    -Four months between The Devil's Playhouse and Back to the Future.
    -Five months between Back to the Future and Jurassic Park.
    -One month between Jurassic Park and Law and Order: Legacies.
    -One month between Law and Order and The Walking Dead.

Four to five months seems to be the norm.

• Of course, there was also the Puzzle Agent games, Poker Night at the Inventory and Hector: Badge of Carnage in there too, but they were shorter series/one-offs.

• I think Dan Connors plan is to have a constant stream of content.. hence the Telltale expansion on at the moment.. It would be nice to keep the momentum going with Walking Dead and at least get Fables out by February next year.

Add Comment