User Avatar Image

Why the hell wouldn't you let Clementine shoot ****?

posted by Chrizza on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users

Letting her live with the thought that Lee turned into a walker because she didn't do anything is by far more disturbing than letting her kill him.

103 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ManMan said: How about doing Lee the honor of not having to become one of those things?! The F-k is wrong with you people??

Although, I didn't quite understand why he couldn't just shoot himself.

Nothing is wrong with anyone. There is no right or wrong decision because both choices have their ups and downs. I think the last 2 pages of posts have well established that by now.

And for me he couldn't shoot himself at the time because his only hand was cuffed to the radiator :p

• There's always 1,000,001 reasons to not do something, but none of those trump granting the final wish of the man who's been your guardian angel throughout the apocalypse: letting him die with dignity. Clementine OWED him that.

• Didn't matter much the noise, if you take a look the exit had a stairs, so she would probably be heading to the roof. As Lee said, always stay on the higher grounds.
    And she had to shoot Lee, this would only make her stronger in the future. Do not hesitate to kill whoever is infected, if she did it for Lee, she could do it to anyone and in the future be a good leader to form a group.
    And come on, it was a bit risky to let a zombie with Lee's size handcuffed to a heater. Even a human with moderate strenght could rip it off. A zombie could easily make enought strenght to break the heater or even to rip it's own hand and be free.

• @ManMan said: There's always 1,000,001 reasons to not do something, but none of those trump granting the final wish of the man who's been your guardian angel throughout the apocalypse: letting him die with dignity. Clementine OWED him that.

But dude, that's just your opinion. My Lee's final wish was for her not to have to go through with shooting him, and in my eyes no dignity was lost there. Like Lee said, when he turns into a walker, it won't be him anymore. I played the whole game shielding her from that apocalyptic world and Lee died doing that till the very end. Like other people said, there simply isn't a right or wrong, so you can't say whoever left Lee to turn did wrong.

• I told her not to shoot me, but later I wished she'd do it anyway - would have shown that she has actually learned something and was able to make her own decisions.

She could have said something like: I respect your wishes, Lee, but now I gotta make my own decisions. That's what you taught me. And you ain't turning into one of them!

• @Viser said: But dude, that's just your opinion. My Lee's final wish was for her not to have to go through with shooting him, and in my eyes no dignity was lost there. Like Lee said, when he turns into a walker, it won't be him anymore. I played the whole game shielding her from that apocalyptic world and Lee died doing that till the very end. Like other people said, there simply isn't a right or wrong, so you can't say whoever left Lee to turn did wrong.

He initially wanted to be shot, because he CLEARLY did not want to become a walker. You get the option of eventually telling her she doesn't have to. You let her be a baby about it, instead of being the mature survivor he'd been trying to raise her to be.

I don't care what anyone says. I would not let someone I love become a man-eating monster. Not if I can help it.

Why add to the walker count?

• @ManMan said: He initially wanted to be shot, because he CLEARLY did not want to become a walker. You get the option of eventually telling her she doesn't have to. You let her be a baby about it, instead of being the mature survivor he'd been trying to raise her to be.

I don't care what anyone says. I would not let someone I love become a man-eating monster. Not if I can help it.

Why add to the walker count?

Well, no one actually WANTS to be a walker. But if I recall correctly, you don't need to tell her she needs to put you down if you don't want to, so I think the "he initially wanted to be shot" part is not quite right. And either outcome is bad, you have to choose between traumatizing a girl by having her shoot a parental figure she loved dearly, or telling her to leave that same parental figure to become one of those things and most likely constantly think about his fate.

Personally, between one and the other, I've no problem becoming a walker. But that's just me. Like I said, what you said above is your opinion. I know I'm not gonna change your mind and that's not my point, I just replied to your post because of the "The F-k is wrong with you people??" part, because every single choice in the game can be justified. There's nothing wrong with someone who makes a choice that's different than yours.

• I agree with ManMan. Sheilding her isn't good when she is now going to be alone. To survive she will have to do tough things and she won't be ready. Better for her to do it. She didn't want you to become one either. Even if you tell her to leave you she second guesses it. Why add to the walker count? If Clemintine can shoot you, she can do anything. Prepare her with your last deed.

• For God's sake.

I had her leave my Lee because she's a nine-year-old child.

My Lee shot Duck to spare Kenny the pain of doing it himself, and it was something he remained grateful for later. Having to blow a loved-one's brains out would be horrible, no matter the circumstance, no matter how old you are.

But to ask a child Clem's age to shoulder that burden in order to, what, protect your pride? Your dignity? Who freakin' cares? You're dead either way. Don't make the girl's last memories of you be of your head exploding against the wall because she pulled the trigger.

Sparing a child at least one horrible experience in a world of nothing but horror is the right thing to do. Anything else is foolish at best and abusive at worst.

• @RobtMyers said: For God's sake.

I had her leave my Lee because she's a nine-year-old child.

My Lee shot Duck to spare Kenny the pain of doing it himself, and it was something he remained grateful for later. Having to blow a loved-one's brains out would be horrible, no matter the circumstance, no matter how old you are.

But to ask a child Clem's age to shoulder that burden in order to, what, protect your pride? Your dignity? Who freakin' cares? You're dead either way. Don't make the girl's last memories of you be of your head exploding against the wall because she pulled the trigger.

Sparing a child at least one horrible experience in a world of nothing but horror is the right thing to do. Anything else is foolish at best and abusive at worst.

The new world doesn't care how old Clem is. Zombies don't, rapist don't, people who want to eat other people don't. Clem is going to have a hard life ahead of her. If she can shoot the man who took care of her she can put a bullet in any SOB. There is nothing abusive or foolish about it. Trying to coddle a kid and spare them horrific acts while they live alone in a horrific world is downright foolish, IMO.

Add Comment