User Avatar Image

Story writer's big mistake about infection

posted by Kannibal on - last edited - Viewed by 464 users

Ok, whoever is watching The Walking Dead series on season 5 knows that [ SPOILER ABOUT TV SHOW ] Hershel gets a big chomp out of his leg by a zombie ( yes, he bites it off with his big teeths ) inside the jail compound and after some time, Rick cuts it off like you can do it with Lee in the game when his arm gets bitten.

Now the big mistake the writers did and expected much of the players not to notice.

Hershel survives and do not turn. Lee survives but gets all the symptoms of turning, all the same that Duck had before turning as dying as well.

Well, Iam expecting good theories because I was really puzzled by this.

52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If Lee cuts his arm off, he suffer from blood loss, but faints less.

Did he slow it down or stop it? Explain!

• They cut Hershel's leg off immediately. They waited a lot longer to cut off Lee's arm which gave the infection plenty of time to spread through his system.

• with hershel they did it instantly. With lee it was after a wile so the infection was already spread in his body.

Is my theory.

• Yeah, I thought about that as well. But I guess that what they discovered with Hershel is a major found in the whole series.

If they cut, bite, or scratch a part a member of your body, chomp it off right away and you have big chances of surviving. I mean, if an old man can survive it without blood transfusion, why not you ?

• Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I don't know how one could explain Lee not chopping up his arm sooner without hand-waving it though.

• The infection spread across to his arm given the time. Lee traveled from the mansion to the morgue, while Hershel's leg was amputated in just under a few minutes.

• I think Lee ended up dying from blood loss. He gets yellow eyes if you cut it off but if you don't they are white? Also he faints less if you cut it off.

• Better question: why didn't Kenny and Christa suggest cutting off Lee hands if he revealed it? That certainly made more sense than waiting until he fainted the first time.

• @Kannibal said: Ok, whoever is watching The Walking Dead series on season 5 knows that [ SPOILER ABOUT TV SHOW ] Hershel gets a big chomp out of his leg by a zombie ( yes, he bites it off with his big teeths ) inside the jail compound and after some time, Rick cuts it off like you can do it with Lee in the game when his arm gets bitten.

Now the big mistake the writers did and expected much of the players not to notice.

Hershel survives and do not turn. Lee survives but gets all the symptoms of turning, all the same that Duck had before turning as dying as well.

Well, Iam expecting good theories because I was really puzzled by this.

Hershel survived coz he was amputated straight away, too much time had already passed for Lee

• @Doctanian said: Better question: why didn't Kenny and Christa suggest cutting off Lee hands if he revealed it? That certainly made more sense than waiting until he fainted the first time.

They were in a hospital when they decided to cut off Lee's arm. They had medical supplies there, but not at the house.

Add Comment