User Avatar Image

Story writer's big mistake about infection

posted by Kannibal on - last edited - Viewed by 815 users

Ok, whoever is watching The Walking Dead series on season 5 knows that [ SPOILER ABOUT TV SHOW ] Hershel gets a big chomp out of his leg by a zombie ( yes, he bites it off with his big teeths ) inside the jail compound and after some time, Rick cuts it off like you can do it with Lee in the game when his arm gets bitten.

Now the big mistake the writers did and expected much of the players not to notice.

Hershel survives and do not turn. Lee survives but gets all the symptoms of turning, all the same that Duck had before turning as dying as well.

Well, Iam expecting good theories because I was really puzzled by this.

52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's a time thing. Lee already had light sensitivity and mental impairment by the time they got to the morgue. Too much time already passed and the 'infection' spread when they got there.

Also, in my playthrough, Lee passed out before they cut his arm off. You don't have a healthy, middle aged man pass out from a bite unless the bite also did something to him.

So yeah, it wasn't he blood loss that did in armless Lee.

• Lee waited too long, and herschel was cutoff immedietly

• Hershel's leg came off immediately. By the time Lee had the option, the virus had already spread into his body. The only thing cutting off the arm was good for was slowing down the process, ever so slightly.

• How come they couldn't find a cleaver in the house to cut his arm off with?

• @AshleyTheNeko said: They cut Hershel's leg off immediately. They waited a lot longer to cut off Lee's arm which gave the infection plenty of time to spread through his system.

This, it was the same with Dale in the comics. If you don't do it immediately the infection will spread. Lee waited too long, but I can assume the blood that dripped out of his body when his arm was cut off drained some of the infection, but not nearly all of it to completely put an end to it.

• @Hidan13 said: This, it was the same with Dale in the comics. If you don't do it immediately the infection will spread. Lee waited too long, but I can assume the blood that dripped out of his body when his arm was cut off drained some of the infection, but not nearly all of it to completely put an end to it.

Exactly what I am trying to impress in another thread...... Lee survives.

• @Nunyabiznes said: Exactly what I am trying to impress in another thread...... Lee survives.

This contradicts your point? He/She is saying that it was too late for Lee

• @Tyrant said: How come they couldn't find a cleaver in the house to cut his arm off with?

They never thought of it till he passes out. Also there were no supplies at that house remember? Lee and Molly found nothing when searching.

• This only happens in the TV show. To try and avoid spoilers, a similar situation happens in the comics but the outcome is not survival. Given that the designers always said that they are following the comic universe, I think it makes sense that Lee couldn't survive.

• I think it's kinda silly how everyone automatically assumes it worked in the TV show because Hershel is still alive right now. We're five episodes into a 16 episode season, folks and if there is anything you should've learned from that show by now it is that you should NEVER assume someone is safe.

**POTENTIAL MAJOR TV SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT READ THE COMICS**
    Something very similar happened in the comic series and it did seem to slow the turning down a little bit but the character did eventually turn and have to be put down. I'm pretty sure Hershel's character will follow the same arc in the TV series. He's gonna survive for a bit but eventually the infection will get the better of him.

Add Comment