User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 17.0K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • To answer the question to why Lee still gets sick even if you cut is arm off, It's because they were to late at chopping it off. Lee was already sick from the bite which is why he passed out.

Also the reason Clem didn't run to the people at the end, is probably because like us, she has no idea who they are, sure they could be Omid and Christa but they coud just as easily be horrible people like the St. Johns.

Now about season 2, I feel that it should follow a new group of survivors, even though I would like to see how Clem went following the events of season one, I don't believe that Clem should be the main character, being the main character will take away Clem's character and who she is, turning her into the player (since she will be making decisions based on what the player thinks) I feel that Clem should be in season 2 but maybe only in passing and not a main character, just to show how she is going and maybe hearing a bit about what has happened to her since season 1.

• Eh, I'm calling it now, don't care if I'll get bashed.

I'm predicting a retcon of Lee's death.

• @Doctanian said: Eh, I'm calling it now, don't care if I'll get bashed.

I'm predicting a retcon of Lee's death.

One would hope that a company that put such effort into illustrating the consequences of choice would have the cojones to stick to its guns.

• @Pyrofrost said: One would hope that a company that put such effort into illustrating the consequences of choice would have the cojones to stick to its guns.

Then again, one could argue the whole concept of choice was all an illusion and whatever was going to happen was going to happen. Every character that died was doomed regardless of what you did. Simply because you might be able to prolong that death means nothing. They still die, rendering your "choices" useless.

• @Doctanian said: Then again, one could argue the whole concept of choice was all an illusion and whatever was going to happen was going to happen. Every character that died was doomed regardless of what you did. Simply because you might be able to prolong that death means nothing. They still die, rendering your "choices" useless.

I can respect that view.

From my perspective, I took the "choices" mechanic to be used more as a way to shape the personalities of your avatar and his cohorts. To me, this seems like it would work more for a title like The Walking Dead as opposed to the KotOR/Mass Effect mechanic of make this choice and get rewarded with the light side/dark side paragon/renegade ending. Hence, (again from my perspective) the concept of choice was masterfully used to enhance the drama of the story and not an illusion.

• For season 2, I think we'll play as Clem. But not Clem as we know her. The game will start several years in the future with Clem a teenager/young adult, still dealing with the walkers. As for the two strangers off in the distance, they could be Omid and Christa, but it could be that they were bad people and, through flashbacks, we learned what happened with them and how Clem escaped.

I also hope for some dream/meta experience where Clem has a conversation with Lee, showing how he is still her protector and mentor, if only in her mind. We're not done with the Lee/Clem dynamic, I hope. I truly hope this is the case, because I can't see a game where we play as Clem as she is now, a child, and I really don't want to play as a new character. I have too much emotional attachment to the characters from this series, and with Clem being the only one left (for sure, anyway) that all falls on her. If I'm going to play season 2, she NEEDS to be there.

• What if we have a season 2 that kind of implements a little of everything?
    We could start off as a new character in a new setting, sometime during the period when the season one group is in the motel. This new group would already have gone through the beginning of the apocalypse, and would already have all the information we learned in the first season, for example; that everyone turns, etc. This new character could go through all new situations with a new group, so we could have a unique experience.
    Then, around midway through episode three or four, our character and a few friends would have to flee whatever area they were in, and end up outside of Savannah. There, they meet Molly, who has left the city because of the herd coming through. Molly goes along with our character and friends, who soon see a couple on a hill above them, running toward a little girl below them. Our character and friends follow, and find that the couple is Omid and Christa, and they have just found Clementine, right where the epilogue ended. Now our new character and friends join Clem, Christa, and Omid, and this group plays out through episode 5 like the ending group in season one; some will live and some won't.
    This way, we would get to play as someone new and meet new characters, but still find out how Clementine is doing, and spend more time with Christa, Omid, and Molly. Telltale can't please everyone with how they do season 2, but this solution kind of incorporates the wishes of those that want to stick with Clementine, and those that want a new group to play with.

• @dustpuffs said: What if we have a season 2 that kind of implements a little of everything?
    We could start off as a new character in a new setting, sometime during the period when the season one group is in the motel. This new group would already have gone through the beginning of the apocalypse, and would already have all the information we learned in the first season, for example; that everyone turns, etc. This new character could go through all new situations with a new group, so we could have a unique
    experience.
    Then, around midway through episode three or four, our character and a few friends would have to flee whatever area they were in, and end up outside of Savannah. There, they meet Molly, who has left the city because of the herd coming through. Molly goes along with our character and friends, who soon see a couple on a hill above them, running toward a little girl below them. Our character and friends follow, and find that the couple is Omid and Christa, and they have just found Clementine, right where the epilog ended. Now our new character and friends join Clem, Christa, and Omid, and this group plays out through episode 5 like the ending group in season one; some will live and some won't.
    This way, we would get to play as someone new and meet new characters, but still find out how Clementine is doing, and spend more time with Christa, Omid, and Molly. Telltale can't please everyone with how they do season 2, but this solution kind of incorporates the wishes of those that want to stick with Clementine, and those that want a new group to play with.

That would be okay, except I'd like to meet up with Clem and the rest a lot sooner; sometime during episode 1 would be much better for me. Going that long without reintroducing those characters would be a bad call for Telltale. If they're going to keep season 1 characters around, they need to be there from the start, or the almost-start. Having them show up halfway through the series, or even after, would be much too awkward in terms of storytelling. That's what I think, anyway.

• What if it's about 10 years into the future, and Clem is all grown up. The Undead population has started to decrease as they might not be able to fight food, so they're starving out. There should also be a new group of survivors, and one of them is the main character and Clem can main NPC (like before). The story switches between the present and the future on some occasions, to tell the players how what came to be. (But your main play area will be the future). Also, some mentions will be made of Lee and possibly some cameos (memories) that could be based in the past

This is just a theory that I think will be cool.

• Given that the chapters are noted as 6-10 it suggests there will be some connection to this series. Given the style used in most forms of the franchise I would say that it will start a few days before lee's death as Molly or some other Crawford survivor, as yet unmentioned, who will eventually find a companion on the way out of the city. By the end of the episode 6 they reach the hilly outskirts as one notices a silhouette in the distance, of course Clem, who will be reintergrated into the story. Perhaps the second surviver could be either Chrita or Omid based on a decision like the one between Doug and Carly.

Add Comment