User Avatar Image

Story writer's big mistake about infection

posted by Kannibal on - last edited - Viewed by 467 users

Ok, whoever is watching The Walking Dead series on season 5 knows that [ SPOILER ABOUT TV SHOW ] Hershel gets a big chomp out of his leg by a zombie ( yes, he bites it off with his big teeths ) inside the jail compound and after some time, Rick cuts it off like you can do it with Lee in the game when his arm gets bitten.

Now the big mistake the writers did and expected much of the players not to notice.

Hershel survives and do not turn. Lee survives but gets all the symptoms of turning, all the same that Duck had before turning as dying as well.

Well, Iam expecting good theories because I was really puzzled by this.

52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • And adding to everything people are saying here, Lee was already feeling the effects of the bite. They consider cutting his arm off because he had fallen unconscious due to the infection, which makes it obvious it was already too late for amputation to work.

• @Viser said: And adding to everything people are saying here, Lee was already feeling the effects of the bite. They consider cutting his arm off because he had fallen unconscious due to the infection, which makes it obvious it was already too late for amputation to work.

Yep. My thoughts exactly. I still had em chop if off, only to see whether they'd actually do it.

• Do you think that cut parts of the body is just like cutting nails?

Seriously?

lol.

• It was way too late to cut the arm. If you're passing out because rotted gunk has spread through your system and infected your body, cutting off a limb won't change anything. It's been handled the same way in the comic. Cut it off immediately or accept that you're going to die.

Despite that, I cut off the arm anyway. I was in denial.

• @Master of Aeons said:
    Despite that, I cut off the arm anyway. I was in denial.

Me too. I thought the writing was a little sloppy on this. I mean imagine someone wants to cut off your arm. Do you just go, yeah, what the hell, might be my last chance?

Also that he got up afterwards like nothing really happened ... Like a lizard dropping its tail without a second thought.

• @bl4ckrider said: Me too. I thought the writing was a little sloppy on this. I mean imagine someone wants to cut off your arm. Do you just go, yeah, what the hell, might be my last chance?

Also that he got up afterwards like nothing really happened ... Like a lizard dropping its tail without a second thought.

lee did react you see his face he even said he could still feel his arm.

• @bl4ckrider said: Me too. I thought the writing was a little sloppy on this. I mean imagine someone wants to cut off your arm. Do you just go, yeah, what the hell, might be my last chance?

Let's just say...my Lee wasn't that composed.

• You're suppose to hack it off STAT.

• @AshleyTheNeko said: They cut Hershel's leg off immediately. They waited a lot longer to cut off Lee's arm which gave the infection plenty of time to spread through his system.

This, the infection had spread through-out Lee's body by the time it went chop.

Add Comment