User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 94.9K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GuruGuru214 said: I've been hunting so many bunnies in Assassin's Creed III. And deer, elk, bears, bobcats, wolves, foxes, and whatever else crosses my path. Beavers make the funniest noise. At this point, Connor could probably quit the Assassin Brotherhood and just take over the colonial fur industry.

That's what I did in Skyrim. Only I did it with the potion industry.

• But yeah! If you guys want little seasonal little stuffs, pm me and I'll send you stuff!

• I'm in a fairly somber mood this evening. Just wanted to share that piece of information.

• I'm in a fairly stressed mood. This problem set is is a real doozy.

Also, I reached the level of caffeine consumption where the caffeine is distracting me instead of helping me focus. For instance, I'm thinking of a all of the interesting things except for the one I should be thinking about.

Why is it always right before something important is due that I start wanting to build a hydroponics lab or a solar powered radio?

• Due to circumstances I do not care to discuss, I am currently experiencing a mixture of emotions that include but are not limited to extreme amounts of frustration, shame, and disbelief.

I would greatly appreciate some emotional support. If I get any sort of comments that are meant as a direct form of mockery and/or malice, then I have lost all faith in your species.

• Let me guess: somebody close to you died. If so, then don’t think about the actual death. Remember the good times, the happy moments. To think about the bad times will only make it worse.

If not, then I don’t know what to tell you.

• It really doesn't help that we don't know what caused it, or why you are feeling the way you feel, so if there were to be any mockery done on the Internet, you can't blame them for not understanding.

I mean, I could say I feel like shit (which I do), and not tell you why (which I won't), but that would only make people say "At least you don't smell like one, right" (which I could).

• @Noname215 said: Let me guess: somebody close to you died. If so, then don’t think about the actual death. Remember the good times, the happy moments. To think about the bad times will only make it worse.

If not, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Nobody died, nothing that permanent. I'm just going through a cycle of emotions which is starting to wear down on my soul. I allowed myself to get angry, which led to me feeling guilty about getting angry, which led to me getting angry about getting guilty, and then the loop started all over again. I have this fear that I either beat myself up too much or act like too much of a jerk when I'm upset. Whenever I get this way, it's just a miserable experience for me.

• I can understand that. I went through a bit of a phase like that myself once. It was mostly just guilt over little things, then feeling bad about it later. It got much worse as the night went along.

• Might be because you're just at the point between puberty and adulthood, which goes two ways: Either you'll get over it and have a decent life, with its ups and downs, or you'll fall down into a depression.

In the latter case, it's not really obvious when it goes that far, but when it takes long enough you just need to hope that someone will notice it and will support you. Most of the time you wouldn't recognize a depression until it's too late.

If you're past that, though, you probably have a minor depression, which, if you're not careful with, can result in the aforementioned.

I also assume it's not because you have a midlife crisis.

This discussion has been closed.