User Avatar Image

Episode 5 Disappointment (vent here) **SPOILERS**

posted by MaroubraDave on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

Telltale,
Firstly i would like to say great game and a fantastic concept. However the ending i would say is not so great. While it is very well made and certainly tugs at your heart strings, I didn't play the game and wait for the ending only to find out i die anyway... Now i know people may argue that you didn't see lee actually turn so maybe he will be ok, but the fact you left it this way is really a let down to the series. I was really looking forward to the last episode but in all honesty it just brought me down and i kinda wish i stopped playing at episode 4. :confused: There should be an alternative ending where you can at least live... Just my opinion.

407 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I hated the way Kenny died, it was just bad writing.

And also how he got owned by a bunch of old cancer survivors.

• @hawkfire20 said: I hated the way Kenny died, it was just bad writing.

And also how he got owned by a bunch of old cancer survivors.

how are you certain he died

• If you liked the epilogue, that's fine please give me a counter argument to my "It outright says my choices change the story, why didn't it?" but please do yourself a massive favor and don't try and twist our concerns for this series as just being that Lee died, there has been enough people saying "We don't care about that!" to show that it's not that people are niffed out.
    Your only wasting your own time, if you have a counter argument to those concerns let us know.

Does anyone know if TTG has posted anything about the ending, lack of choices and the Epilogue?

• @marcu5 said: how are you certain he died

It's obvious lol

• @Tienak said: If you liked the epilogue, that's fine please give me a counter argument to my "It outright says my choices change the story, why didn't it?" but please do yourself a massive favor and don't try and twist our concerns for this series as just being that Lee died, there has been enough people saying "We don't care about that!" to show that it's not that people are niffed out.
    Your only wasting your own time, if you have a counter argument to those concerns let us know.

Does anyone know if TTG has posted anything about the ending, lack of choices and the Epilogue?

There was enough variation in the interactions I had with other characters that I was satisfied in the "tailored" experience I had. Then again, I never expected a 25 dollar episodic release to have a massively branching plot. I also assumed there couldn't be much variation in the ending (outside of all the small things) once the second season was announced.

• Go and play Mass Effect trilogy, then come back and talk about bad endings. This was great!

• @KingOfTheDead said: yeah issue 300 which isnt out right now RK said rick already has a planned death

Wow, I wonder how he's gonna go.

• What a dumb reason to be disappointed in episode 5. It was the end of Lee's arc, we all saw it coming. It was a fitting end considering it's the Walking Dead. I don't even think you're disappointed, you're just upset and sad.

I'm extremely happy with this ending, even if it made me extremely sad.

• @AsariTears said: Go and play Mass Effect trilogy, then come back and talk about bad endings. This was great!

I agree. Walking Dead upset me with its sadness, Mass Effect 3 upset me with a lot of things. Doesn't matter now though, but this game had an amazing (though extremely sad) ending.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: He centers on Lee because he connects with him as a father. He lost his own kids and now sees a man who, in his eyes, is making all the wrong decisions for another child. He thought he could be a better father for Clementine than Lee was, and that she could be a replacement daughter for him. If Duck had answered the radio, he probably would have fixated on Kenny.

^This so much.

Add Comment