User Avatar Image

Most emotional moment from the whole series?

posted by Voj on - last edited - Viewed by 856 users

Hello there,

I was interested to know what moment from the whole first series was the strongest for you and why?

There were many strong moments and just the fact that it makes me feel something is enough to know this game is really well done. I can only name a couple games where I felt attached to the characters and really cared about them like this.

For me, I probably have to go with the moment when Duck is about to die and you have to talk to Kenny about stopping the train. We knew Duck was about to die almost whole episode and the atmosphere was built so well. Also the music made it even more sad. When I was walking on the train towards Kenny I knew it will not be an easy discussion. When he simply refused anything bad about Duck at first (even though he does know he is dying) I really felt bad for him even though we had our moments. But I was also pretty proud to manage and talk him down calmly, without fighting him. It even made our relationship better I think.

Interested to hear your moments.

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, I think it was burying the kid too. The finale was rough, but I peaked there.

• When clem had to shoot lee definitely, followed by Kenny's "death".

• The ending of episode 5 made me cry and is defiantly my most emotional moment in the game. I still feel depressed and can't get that last scene out of my head, this game has really affected me.
    RIP Lee Everett :'(

• Most emotional...

Carley's death. Because I felt a really wide range of emotions from denial in thinking I could somehow save her, and anger at Lilly for being such a bitch, then coming to the Telltale forums to see if there was anything I could do, then depression and finally acceptance. I probably went through the whole 5 stages of grief over a video game character just because she was that well written, had a really great voice actress and her death was completely out of the blue.

Next would definitely be the ending. Lee and Clems last moments together were so touching. But I could see it ending on a sad note so I was prepared for it, unlike Carley's. So I wouldn't have changed it.

EDIT - I cried more at the ending to episode 5 than any other part in the series. I stilll choose Carley's death because of the different impact it had.

• I think Kenny's 'death' touched me. I don't know, he was one of my favorite characters and like Lee I cried. Lee's death made me sob like Clementine, though.

• Had to have been the finale, there were many sad and depressing moments but that was the one which tipped me other the edge and brought out the Manly tears.

Having to tell a nine year old girl that she has to kill the only person she has left was just devastating.

I did get quite emotional when Andy at the dairy farm grabbed Clementine by the hair.

I'm just worried that season 2 won't be as good, they raised the bar so high...not sure how they can top what they did in this season.

• For me was Episode 3, when Lilly left in the RV. I was kind of sweet on her because she was so hard core and felt that if anyone would keep the team alive it was her. Even after she killed Carley I let her back in the RV with us. I was all thinking, "hey her dad is dead now, time for Lee to put the moves on her". So when she said come with me I was "hell yeah", then I watched her drive away. :(

• I was strong throughout every episode...

I was extremely angry when Carley died... Upset when Katjaa died... Nearly dead inside when Duck died, stayed strong though... Depressed over the attic child... Shed baby tears over Ben, manly tears over Kenny...

There's this one scene though, with Clementine in the end that stuck with me... One line broke me completely:

Lee: "I'll... miss you."

I just couldn't hold it after that, I haven't cried that much in my life. Like at that point it hit me, Lee and Clementine will never see each other ever again. Never talk about haircuts, swinging her on a swing set, never laugh over salt licks with her. Only hope is in the after life... I suppose? This game broke me. Kudos to the writers.

Clementine: "I'll miss you too."

• [quote=demonteddybear;736003]for me was episode 3, when lilly left in the rv. I was kind of sweet on her because she was so hard core and felt that if anyone would keep the team alive it was her. Even after she killed carley i let her back in the rv with us. I was all thinking, "hey her dad is dead now, time for lee to put the moves on her". So when she said come with me i was "hell yeah", then i watched her drive away. :([/quote]

hahaha!

• Kenny's reaction to his wife and child's death, his teary face touched my soul. Also, the final events of Ep. 5, Lee's final moments and Clem crying, followed with the awesome credits song, I cried like a baby.

Add Comment