User Avatar Image

Kenny.

posted by hawkfire20 on - last edited - Viewed by 652 users

So, what did you guys think about him and his 'death'?

I say I really liked Kenny as a character. He had his ups and downs, and wasn't a gary-stu in the slightest. I also had good times laughing at him, like when Larry knocked him out and he got jumped by old cancer survivors. He also shared my distaste for Ben, but maybe he went a little overboard with it. His nicknames for Ben also made me laugh, and his plans were actually good.

But his 'death'.

I didn't really like how he said "I'm a Christian man." "Try to go as long as you can." Blah blah, and then practically suicides for a obviously dead Ben. I mean, that had some faults there. But I really think the Christa 'death' scene makes more sense; he would have more chances of surviving, and he couldn't get out, unlike the Ben scenario.

What do you think?

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Kenny lives in Ben scenario. He's an important character in TWD and if he had died TTG would have showed us his death clearly.

• You don't know that. It'd be extremely hard to get out of that case, as he was surrounded by both sides. I don't remember seeing a manhole, and I swore I could hear muffled screaming.

• I dropped Ben in my canon save, so I got the Christa scene. Kenny was a great character, and in my game he was my best friend. I think he managed to relate to Ben after Ben told him about his own family and that at least Kenny had one to lose. Seeing the suicide couple reminded him of Kat and all the nights she told him to think of others more, so he decided to try and save Ben, but he locked Lee in the gate so Lee would still be able to save Clem if Kenny wasn't able to hold off the walkers. When he realized there was no way he could save Ben, he mercy killed him so he wouldn't have to go through any more pain. It was his way of trying to make things right and also make Kat proud of him.

That being said, I still like the Christa scene more. Especially when I picked the "Go back for him" option and Omid literally had to hold my Lee back from going down there.

• Kenny was my friend. :(

@Torby said: Kenny lives in Ben scenario. He's an important character in TWD and if he had died TTG would have showed us his death clearly.

He clearly gets bitten on the arm. We should just thank TellTale for not making us watch Kenny get eaten alive. It's a matter of taste, for his heroic ending.

• @Rock114 said: I dropped Ben in my canon save, so I got the Christa scene. Kenny was a great character, and in my game he was my best friend. I think he managed to relate to Ben after Ben told him about his own family and that at least Kenny had one to lose. Seeing the suicide couple reminded him of Kat and all the nights she told him to think of others more, so he decided to try and save Ben, but he locked Lee in the gate so Lee would still be able to save Clem if Kenny wasn't able to hold off the walkers. When he realized there was no way he could save Ben, he mercy killed him so he wouldn't have to go through any more pain. It was his way of trying to make things right and also make Kat proud of him.

That being said, I still like the Christa scene more. Especially when I picked the "Go back for him" option and Omid literally had to hold my Lee back from going down there.

Haha! I also heard if you save a bullet in the scene where you're going up into the attic, you can give him it and he'll shoot himself after shooting Ben.

• That'd be hard for me if it were true. Giving my best friend a bullet and saying "Kill yourself in a few mintues", while hilarious, would probably end with him using it on me.

• @Dildor said: Kenny was my friend. :(

He clearly gets bitten on the arm. We should just thank TellTale for not making us watch Kenny get eaten alive. It's a matter of taste, for his heroic ending.

Kenny was my Lee's friend, too.

Maybe, as the sleeve was never torn.

• @Rock114 said: That'd be hard for me if it were true. Giving my best friend a bullet and saying "Kill yourself in a few mintues", while hilarious, would probably end with him using it on me.

Haha!~

• @hawkfire20 said: You don't know that. It'd be extremely hard to get out of that case, as he was surrounded by both sides. I don't remember seeing a manhole, and I swore I could hear muffled screaming.

Iff you were being torn apart alive 5 feet away from me I don't think the screaming wouldn be muffled. Besides, he runs off screen and when you look from above they aren't eating and there are no walkers at the end of the alley. He clearly runs off screen as well.

• @hawkfire20 said: Kenny was my Lee's friend, too.

Maybe, as the sleeve was never torn.

No blood, no marks, and not even the sleeve ripped. Sounds like a bite to me.:rolleyes:

Add Comment