User Avatar Image

Why did **** "Sacrifice" himself?

posted by FistoTheSexbot on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

"We're gonna find clementime, with or without you, Lee"

*later*

"Oh, nope. Just gonna kill myself, not like I care about what happens to clementime or If Lee doesn't make it"

Really? He could have just shot Ben then go with Lee, wouldn't take long, sure the walkers would go to them, but they can't climb ladders, and they would be long gone before they could even get up.

I know Kenny doesn't got a family left, and the boat is gone, but he cared for Lee and Clementime, and I doubt he'd just forget that and die for nothing.

Why did you think he did it? Was it a legit reason? Do you think the his death was a good death or just a "Let's just get this character over with" death.

110 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @The13thRonin said: Stupid death is stupid not brave. Shoot Ben and get out quick... The Walkers were already coming or leave the gun with Ben and get out quick.

The developers just wanted to kill Kenny off for shock value. It was a terribly contrived scene.

God damnit.
    I give up.

It's like people have no basic grasp on how psychology works.
    If you payed attention to Kenny's personality throughout the game you'd know why he had to do what he did at that moment. But it just doesn't get through some people's thick skulls.

• well i dont think he intended to die... he was tall enough to give Crista a boost...

• @Pride said: God damnit.
    I give up.

It's like people have no basic grasp on how psychology works.
    If you payed attention to Kenny's personality throughout the game you'd know why he had to do what he did at that moment. But it just doesn't get through some people's thick skulls.

Right... I need a lesson in psychology from someone who doesn't know the difference between "payed" and "paid" like I need a hole in the head :rolleyes:.

As a matter of fact I did pay attention buddy. This is the same guy who wanted to leave a helpless women to be mauled slowly by zombies so he could nab an extra can of beans for himself. This is the guy who not two seconds earlier had lamented that his wife made the wrong choice, that people needed her and she let herself die. This is the guy who dropped a salt lick on a dudes head not two meters away from the guys daughter because he MIGHT be infected. This is the guy that advocated killing Lee before they even found Clementine. This is the guy left you to die twice if you didn't help him salt lick a guy. This is the guy that wanted to steal from the car.

If you PAID attention maybe you'd realise that no matter what choices you made that Kenny throws his life away anyway. Where's the sense in that? How the heck does it mean anything when it's obvious the developers were like... Well... Guess he needs to die now...

I saved him and his family countless times and he leaves me to die and then he runs back in a senseless suicidal frenzy to 'help' Ben who killed his entire family. But I guess he feels guilty because he was a little mean to Ben so that all makes sense... Not. What about everyone else he screwed over/killed? How about the fact that if it wan't for his stupid boat idea Clementine would have never been kidnapped? Or if he hadn't of stolen from the car Clementine would have never been kidnapped? Guess he doesn't give two rats about his guilt/responsibility there.

How does ANY of that make sense to you?

His death wasn't heroic... It was stupid... It was so stupid I can't even find the right word to describe how stupid and pointless it was. The worst part about it is how obviously it was MEANT to be heroic which just makes it feel all the more childish...

• Because the game wanted to create a powerful scene, were 2 contrasting people come at peace.

Not sure it was worth it on Kenny's behalf though..

• @Are You Sewious said: Because the game wanted to create a powerful scene, were 2 contrasting people come at peace.

Not sure it was worth it on Kenny's behalf though..

Well they failed then. At that part at least. It makes about as much sense as Omid suddenly picking up a gun and shooting Lee in the face for revealing he was infected. It completely shatters the consistency of the character in the most artificial way possible.

• @The13thRonin; another great post. It's the writing man, the writing failed heavily in many key areas, and the plot suffered because of it. It was completely arbitrary and pointless and was as clear as fresh made glass it was a poor way to get rid of a character ( that I disliked mind you ) in a convenient but sloppy, tardy fashion.

• @The13thRonin said: Well they failed then. At that part at least. It makes about as much sense as Omid suddenly picking up a gun and shooting Lee in the face for revealing he was infected. It completely shatters the consistency of the character in the most artificial way possible.

LOL exactly I just though, "what a shitty death"

• It was his redemption scene.

• I didn't really like the way Kenny died but that's just my opinion \n/

• @MsLox said: On my main playthrough I didn't have Ben, so I saw the scenario where he saves Christa and dies. In that one he seems a lot more valiant and a lot less like he's giving up.

I see at least three more playthroughs in my future.

Add Comment