User Avatar Image

Would it have been even better if Lee told Clementine that he loved her?

posted by RainbowSprinklz on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

I found that last scene with Clem and Lee to be almost perfect...but I was waiting to hear Lee tell Clementine that he loved her.I know he can say "I'll miss you", but I just felt that him telling her that he loved her would solidify the father-daughter relationship between them and everything that has happened on their journey. Thoughts?:D

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Its an error. But she knew. He was going to say it and maybe a statement like that on his deathbed would of been too much for her. She was crying already. She had to move on.

• @Shrewsbury Survivor said: Its an error. But she knew. He was going to say it and maybe a statement like that on his deathbed would of been too much for her. She was crying already. She had to move on.

^ This. I felt Lee was about to say it but decided not to for clems sake

• I was a bit surprised it was written out, to be honest - being that they were going for "realism."

I say "written out" only because I have to believe it was intentional - anyone who has experience with saying goodbye to loved ones knows the first thing they want the passing to know is how much they love them. It's almost second nature.

So actually I was a bit surprised Clementine didn't say it. At the same time, they literally just saw her dead parents as mindless zombies, maybe they both felt the words were taboo (thinking in character).

• User Avatar Image
    N7.

Lee wasn't her real father so he couldn't tell her that I love you! So ridiculous
    Lee didn't love her, She was just his responsibility so then "I'll miss you" is better than I love you

And I should say "I'll miss you" is a lot deeper than I love you

• @Shrewsbury Survivor said: Its an error. But she knew. He was going to say it and maybe a statement like that on his deathbed would of been too much for her. She was crying already. She had to move on.

^I agree

• @N7. said: Lee wasn't her real father so he couldn't tell her that I love you! So ridiculous
    Lee didn't love her, She was just his responsibility so then "I'll miss you" is better than I love you

I guess it depends on how you play Lee, in away, but I also feel like this is far off base.

• @RainbowSprinklz said: I found that last scene with Clem and Lee to be almost perfect...but I was waiting to hear Lee tell Clementine that he loved her.I know he can say "I'll miss you", but I just felt that him telling her that he loved her would solidify the father-daughter relationship between them and everything that has happened on their journey. Thoughts?:D

It's funny that you say that because I was wanting him to say it to her too lol. Maybe because I put myself in Lee's position (as we all should), and it's something I would've said to her. Besides, she was like his daughter :( Damn it's just sad thinking about that ending,and the whole journey they went through together. Lee fought like a warrior for her till the end! Seriously, those two characters are probably my favorite two characters in any "game".

• If Lee said that, it would be worse for Clementine. She had just seen her two true parents dead as walkers, if he said he loved her then she would be completely broken -- he avoided telling her to keep her strong, and personally I feel that Lee knew he couldn't say that as he was not her real father.

• @N7. said: Lee wasn't her real father so he couldn't tell her that I love you! So ridiculous

And I should say "I'll miss you" is a lot deeper than I love you

Really? They've spent months together in a zombie apocalypse. That kind of thing makes people grow closer. And a man can't say "I love you" to someone who he's given almost everything up for? Really?

Add Comment