User Avatar Image

Would it have been even better if Lee told Clementine that he loved her?

posted by RainbowSprinklz on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

I found that last scene with Clem and Lee to be almost perfect...but I was waiting to hear Lee tell Clementine that he loved her.I know he can say "I'll miss you", but I just felt that him telling her that he loved her would solidify the father-daughter relationship between them and everything that has happened on their journey. Thoughts?:D

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think it would have been awkward and sliiiiightly creepy, really...She's not his daughter.
    If I was in his position I'd never say something like that.
    But that's just me.

• @Pride said: I think it would have been awkward and sliiiiightly creepy, really...She's not his daughter.
    But that's just me.

They have spent three months together, struggling to survive. Lee has given up almost everything (including his life) for her. I think that warrants at least a little vocalized love.

• @Noble said: If Lee said that, it would be worse for Clementine. She had just seen her two true parents dead as walkers, if he said he loved her then she would be completely broken -- he avoided telling her to keep her strong, and personally I feel that Lee knew he couldn't say that as he was not her real father.

This is exactly how I saw it.
    Naturally Clem mentions her parents first
    "My parents.It's so horrible and now... you"

That line was the one that caused a lump in the throat and a manly tear.

• @Pride said: I think it would have been awkward and sliiiiightly creepy, really...She's not his daughter.
    But that's just me.

I disagree. You can love people like family even if you're not actually related, (step-parents, etc.).

• @N7. said: Lee wasn't her real father so he couldn't tell her that I love you! So ridiculous
    Lee didn't love her, She was just his responsibility so then "I'll miss you" is better than I love you

And I should say "I'll miss you" is a lot deeper than I love you

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Lee loved her.

• @Mornai said: I disagree. You can love people like family even if you're not actually related, (step-parents, etc.).

How often do you see teachers telling their students they love them on a daily basis? :D
    Because I feel that Lee was her mentor, if anything... They'd only known each other for 3 months
    You could have Lee say it but I'd be expecting zombie Chris Hansen popping up outta nowhere any moment soon after that :D

• @Pride said: How often do you see teachers telling their students they love them on a daily basis? :D
    Because I feel that Lee was her mentor, if anything... They'd only known each other for 3 months
    You could have Lee say it but I'd be expecting zombie Chris Hansen popping up outta nowhere any moment soon after that :D

Are you serious, or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?
    You can't tell the difference between a teacher and someone who would die for you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_family#Sociology

• @Anyday said: Are you serious, or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?
    You can't tell the difference between a teacher and someone who would die for you?

They're not related and had only known each other for 3 months, end of story!
    If you're comfortable telling little girls you've only known for less than half a year that you love them, all the more power for you!

• @Pride said: They're not related and had only known each other for 3 months, end of story!!

Let me tell you something, when you spend your days living on edge in an unknown environment and it's the person next to you between you and death -- 3 months may as well be 3 years and yes, you do bond with them in a way I don't think you may understand.

• @Anyday said: Are you serious, or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

There's no need to bring up an academic study on it, especially if it's from wikipedia.

Add Comment