User Avatar Image

Episode 5 Disappointment (vent here) **SPOILERS**

posted by MaroubraDave on - last edited - Viewed by 3.0K users

Telltale,
Firstly i would like to say great game and a fantastic concept. However the ending i would say is not so great. While it is very well made and certainly tugs at your heart strings, I didn't play the game and wait for the ending only to find out i die anyway... Now i know people may argue that you didn't see lee actually turn so maybe he will be ok, but the fact you left it this way is really a let down to the series. I was really looking forward to the last episode but in all honesty it just brought me down and i kinda wish i stopped playing at episode 4. :confused: There should be an alternative ending where you can at least live... Just my opinion.

407 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Telltalle,
    I was obviously addicted to this great game, but was very let down by the end of episode 5. Lee better survive, I can't imagine playing as Clem in season 2. Plus the main gripe I have is i chose to have Lee's arm hacked off this is SUPPOST to SAVE HIM! In the TV show hershel greene gets his leg hacked off to stop him from turning. Please dont let lee go out this way. I thought if u removed area u were bit in you could survive, and dont give me he died from infection or someother answer.

PLZ dont let lee die. The least you all could do is have lee meet some random mad scientist, who make's some awesom robatic WALKER killer arm and let's lee keep on walking! lee deserves this much damn it!

THANKS

• @hawkfire20 said: I hated the way Kenny died, it was just bad writing.

And also how he got owned by a bunch of old cancer survivors.

I agree with everything u just wrote

• All it says in the end was "Kenny was lost in the herd of walkers" not actually confirmed that he died. Hopefully he makes a come back in Season 2, but it's very unlikely :confused:

• @EL guapo22683 said: Telltalle,
    I was obviously addicted to this great game, but was very let down by the end of episode 5. Lee better survive, I can't imagine playing as Clem in season 2. Plus the main gripe I have is i chose to have Lee's arm hacked off this is SUPPOST to SAVE HIM! In the TV show hershel greene gets his leg hacked off to stop him from turning. Please dont let lee go out this way. I thought if u removed area u were bit in you could survive, and dont give me he died from infection or someother answer.

PLZ dont let lee die. The least you all could do is have lee meet some random mad scientist, who make's some awesom robatic WALKER killer arm and let's lee keep on walking! lee deserves this much damn it!

THANKS

Bad news, bro.... you might want to sit down.

• @Pyrofrost said: Bad news, bro.... you might want to sit down.

lol, let Lee R.I.P

• I agree with what most people are saying. They should have a true ending where, if you pick all the right choices, you survive. The whole game Lee can handle everything they dish out at him and at the last second of the 4th season they give him a death sentence. Stop trying to justify Lee's death with, OH IT WAS A GOOD ENDING. No it wasn't. It was a terrible ending for Lee. Think about that moment when Clementine is crying and you're sitting there trying to explain and help her through your last moments. Plus if you play the game where you're a dick to her or something, the ending wouldn't match up. I would gladly pay money for an extra dlc of sorts where they threw in some alt endings. One where Clementine wants to stay with the one guy on the radio perhaps, another where Lee obviously survives like he should, and maybe another where you find Vernon and them and get away on the boat or something. Idk, I've gone all night without sleep to finish this game. The ending made me cry like a bitch, then I watched the last episode with PewDiePie that I wanted to wait to watch, until after I had beaten the game and I cried even harder.

• @Nokturnal Lex said: It's not about happy endings. (well some people want them. Not me.)

For me I wouldn't mind if lee died in every single possible alternative ending. Cause that ending was pretty epic.

The thing I have a problem with is that the game marketed itself as not being linear and your choices mattered, but in reality, your choices didn't matter, same people left and died no matter what options you picked.

A game like this must have alternative endings otherwise what's the point of giving us options? Just make your own little Walking Dead series spin off web episodes if you want to just tell your own version of the story and give the players no meaningful choices.

The best example of this is when Lilly kills Carly/Doug. You're given like 12 dialogue options in a row with like 4 choices each. When there should've been just 1 dialogue option and 1 choice. "Who cares, you're going to kill him/her anyway."

This ^^^

• It's cracking me up that people are using their subjective opinions of how this game ends to label it as a disappointing game. Everyone's learned so much about entitlement from the Mass Effect 3 situation!

Sorry people don't like the ending, but that's how Lee's story ends. Should I give David Chase a call so he can re-shoot the final episode of the Sopranos?

• @lucidity02 said: It's cracking me up that people are using their subjective opinions of how this game ends to label it as a disappointing game. Everyone's learned so much about entitlement from the Mass Effect 3 situation!

Sorry people don't like the ending, but that's how Lee's story ends. Should I give David Chase a call so he can re-shoot the final episode of the Sopranos?

The fact you compare it about feeling 'entitled' during the ME3 fiasco renders your opinion moot.

It's like a child sitting at the adults table.

• @Tyrant said: The fact you compare it about feeling 'entitled' during the ME3 fiasco renders your opinion moot.

It's like a child sitting at the adults table.

Sounds like you misunderstood my post pretty much completely.

Add Comment