User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 24.8K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Wait...season 2 determined on season 1 saves? That's a nightmare for Telltale. Lee coming back doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.

• @Zeruis said: Wait...season 2 determined on season 1 saves? That's a nightmare for Telltale. Lee coming back doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.

Well I suppose I'm just wishful thinking :) but I really hope in some way that lee is in it in some way.... And yeah that would suck for them but think about it!! Why at the end did u tell her to do all of those things?! ( like go find christa and omid ) and plus it said that she would remember that maybe those last few choices will form your beginning for season 2 I mean why else would they make you tell her what u did?

• @ZRPG said: I don't understand. Why is Lee all of a sudden able to fight the infection when he clearly wasn't even able to walk anymore as a result of how much the infection is taking over him. To have Lee in the next season is wishful thinking, unfortunately, because he almost certainly will not (especially considering that the majority chose to shoot Lee and they wouldn't leave out such a big plot segment for a whole season. It will most likely follow Clementine on her journey or on an entirely new group that finds Clementine.

You have a good point dude I just think that it's odd and un-filling that after spending. About 48 hours of my life that I just kinda.... Die you know man I just feel like there's gotta be more to it It just wouldn't feel right playing as Clem without lee

• @Zeruis said: Wait...season 2 determined on season 1 saves? That's a nightmare for Telltale. Lee coming back doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.

If that's not the case, a lot of the story notifications in Episode 5 meant nothing. Multiple times it said "Omid and Christa will remember that" or "Clementine will remember this". Add in the intentional cliffhanger epilogue of the season (Clementine seeing two shadowy figures in the distance), and just think: If Season 2 were to be entirely new characters, with everything from Season 1 forgotten, how would that not be a letdown of an ending for Season 1, considering all the "remembering" the characters did? Plus, we still don't know what became of people like Molly or Vernon.

...Even if there may not be a direct carryover (like the Mass Effect series), Season 2 must be some kind of tie-in with Season 1, for Telltale to end Season 1 like they did.

• @Master of Aeons said: I don't expect that from Telltale. Who is the sexiest woman they've had thus far? Sybil? Marzipan? Momma Bosco?

Marty McFlys grandmother from 1935 was. Nuff said.

• I believe we'll definitely see a continuation of the story, but I feel it will have very little to do with Clem. Maybe we take over the roll of Molly or perhaps Kenny survived? I was really puzzled about Kenny, he became such a huge part of the story then he's gone so quickly and abruptly. We don't see him die and for a main char like Kenny his death should be huge and graphic to add emotion to it all. Vernon and his group just weren't interesting enough to carry the story on so ill rule them out. There's also Lily who is MIA who could possibly come into play. The whole older Clem idea wouldn't work, to age her that much would put the story past the tv show/comic timeline.

• Imagine all the great stories that can be told in this post-apocalyptic world.
    There is no reason that Season 2 should have to follow Clem.
    I would be just as entertained if it followed a new character/group of survivors.

• @Pixel_smile said: Well I suppose I'm just wishful thinking :) but I really hope in some way that lee is in it in some way....

Maybe we will play as Leo Everett, Lee's long-lost twin brother.

• personally I think the game should be told in 2 perspective. One with Clementine, and the other with Omid

• What I think would be interesting is following Andre Mitchell's story, the cop in Clem's neighbourhood.

The story starts at the same point he drives Lee, Clem and Shawn to Hershel's farm.
    He then proceeds to the Police Station where Rick was in the comics, and heads of to find a new group of people.

He comes across the St.John dairy (The brothers said there were other people who had been on the dairy as well) and finds out the secret that Lee finds out and takes off.

Then he finds a new group of people and the story continous with them...

Add Comment