User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 21.9K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I am on the verge of completing Deathspank finally, it has only been on hold for about 2 years.

I am slowly picking up on my Backlog list, but now I just jinxed it. Now I am going back to playing Guild Wars 2 all day long...

• @ryannumber1gamer said: Wait..no Luigi?

He's in it. He's really, really, really, really difficult to find, though.

• Currently replaying the latest Family Guy game to find all the collectables, because I just hate myself THAT much.

• @VeronicanPlay said: I am on the verge of completing Deathspank finally, it has only been on hold for about 2 years.

I just finished playing the second one and I loved both games. The dialogue is spot on and the gameplay feels as much as an adventure game as an action rpg. The combat isn't too advanced, but it's never too hard either, which I felt was good, since the strong points of these games are the story anyway.

Not sure if I'll play The Baconing anytime soon, since Ron Gilbert didn't have anything to do with it, and since I've heard it's a lot more combat oriented.

I'm currently in the middle of many games. Not sure which I'll try to complete first yet.

• @flesk said: I've heard it's a lot more combat oriented.

It is. They do let you block and move at the same time though - finally.

• @Darth Marsden said: It is. They do let you block and move at the same time though - finally.

I know it's got a pretty low meta score compared to the others, but maybe it's not so bad if you play through it on easy? What's your impression of it?

That's nice. Spamming the space button while moving sort of works, but it's not optimal and there's still a slight chance of getting hit. The protection charms are useless for just passing through difficult areas though, like the unicorns in the first game or the snowy mountain pips in the second.

• When I mentioned the combat had been tweaked, I meant it. It's far too simplistic now. You just hold down the block button (so as to avoid taking much damage) and then press attack when the enemy isn't actually hitting you to kill them. That's combat in a nutshell.

It's not a bad game, but it does feel like a step back. The humour doesn't seem as funny, the combat is pushed to the forefront (to the point where there's an actual combat arena) and it all feels... like the spark has gone.

• Playing Assassin's Creed III and Battlefield 3...then Finishing Halo and Starting Hitman.

• Mark Of The Ninja. And I still have to play Deus Ex this year. I have to!

• I just bought "To The Moon" on Steam yesterday, playing it today. Amazing emotional game.

Add Comment