User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 25.5K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @JabbaDaHuttX7 said: I really don't remember... who is Andre Mitchell?

If you choose to wait until dusk to leave Clementine's house, he is on the street with Shawn instead of Chet, and drives the group to Hershel's farm in his police vehicle.

Season 2 has to have Clementine in some way. No way would they build up her character this much then just toss her aside(especially with Telltale's tweets before the release of episode 5). I'm all for a new group of survivors, but her story should be wrapped up somehow, i think.

• If you look in the non-spoiler section, in the "Questions for the Walking Dead team" thread, Jake from Telltale says "yes, Lee is dead". So for anyone wanting him alive in Season 2, it will not be happening.

• I dont know if I want the clementines story...I think it will be the same or I dont think so, if little girl survive and grew up to teenage girl..I want some group of other survivors, but they may be in touch with clementine and she will tell them her story. :) Maybe the two person that she says on the hill was from another little city or they are live in some quarantine. and from there might be the group of survivors :)

sorry for my bad English :D

• Whichever direction they chose to go Im in. This game had me hooked from the beginning. My concern with continuing the story whould be how your actions from the first game affect the next. (Yes I've played all the way through and know the ending, but wont ruin it for those that havent)

I'd like to go back and play the game again and see how differet choices change the game but Im concerened that I wont want to carry over my actions.

• I just read Greg Miller's article about speculation of season 2. I'm hoping it's the first scenario.

• "What Is It?

Sometime next year, Telltale releases the first teaser image for The Walking Dead: The Game Season 2, and Clementine’s nowhere to be seen. The Internet freaks out. However, here’s how the game will go: we start as a new character, we meet the new group, and we cope as things go horribly wrong. Walkers tip over the walls and eat everyone but us and a friend; we’re forced to flee. In the final moments of the episode, we’re lamenting our luck as we cross a sun-covered hill, and then – bam – we see a little girl off in the distance. Credits roll.

How Likely Is It?

Very Likely. With this option, Telltale gets the chance to flesh out the universe, and then we get to see how our final choices with Clem have changed her character. If we told her to avoid groups, does she run from our new character? If we didn’t tell her to keep her hair short, will she let it grow during Season 2? Bringing Clem back – whether she’s a fixture of Season 2 or just a one episode guest star – allows our choices as Lee to live on and intertwine with our new character."

Read the whole story here:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/26/predicting-season-2-of-the-walking-dead-the-game

So, what do you guys think about this? I haven't really thought of this, but it makes perfect sense and would hate to see it go any other way. (Ign pretty much gave all the possible ways to happen so one of them must be right.)

• It would be disappointing if Clementine doesn't find Christa and Omid. Well, maybe not disappointing, just depressing. I like the idea of seeing new characters and it would be quite a hair raiser seeing that ending for the first episode of season 2. I'd be extremely disappointed if Clem finds a new father figure though or if she's still dependent on adults.

• I'm hoping she learns to not need someone to help her anymore. Maybe she is the main playable character and she helps the two survivors?

• I want to see Clem with Christa and Omid as well. It'd be a shame to have the two characters at the top of the hill to be completely new, who have NO idea what she's been through. She can't just join these people, can she?

On another note, shouldn't this be posted in the season 2 speculation thread at the top?

• User Avatar Image
    fusedmass BANNED

It would certainly be a great follow up. Instead of following the escaped guy. We can follow the girl as a older person having to do horrible things. The problem is bad things end up usually happening to the person at the end of the season and I'd rather see her vanish and assume shes okay.

Then they try to use her in series and remove her midway through. I think it's very early to start talks but the company should at least make the game by mid year if they want a repeat of sales. People still wanting more of the game.

Add Comment