User Avatar Image

Episode 5 Disappointment (vent here) **SPOILERS**

posted by MaroubraDave on - last edited - Viewed by 3.0K users

Telltale,
Firstly i would like to say great game and a fantastic concept. However the ending i would say is not so great. While it is very well made and certainly tugs at your heart strings, I didn't play the game and wait for the ending only to find out i die anyway... Now i know people may argue that you didn't see lee actually turn so maybe he will be ok, but the fact you left it this way is really a let down to the series. I was really looking forward to the last episode but in all honesty it just brought me down and i kinda wish i stopped playing at episode 4. :confused: There should be an alternative ending where you can at least live... Just my opinion.

407 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Eterna5 said: If those characters are ever reintroduced they are likely to die. Some characters are written out and their fates are unknown. But if they are within the vicinity of the main character it is inevitable.

The point remains that no character is permanent.

If Omid and Christa do return, since they only members of the group that were not killed or went MIA; they might not die. Clementine still needs a protector no matter how well Lee trained her, she's still small like she said and can't do a lot of the things that an older person can do.

• I'm just curious how season 2 is going to play out. Is Lee going to wake up and keep on going? Are we going to take over Clem? Or will we control some new character in season 2? Most importantly anyone know when season 2 episode 1 is even going to be released?

• User Avatar Image
    bubbledncr Telltale Staff

@EL guapo22683 said: I'm just curious how season 2 is going to play out. Is Lee going to wake up and keep on going? Are we going to take over Clem? Or will we control some new character in season 2? Most importantly anyone know when season 2 episode 1 is even going to be released?

None of this has been announced.

• @bubbledncr said: None of this has been announced.

Can you say if any of this will be announced within the year?

• User Avatar Image
    bubbledncr Telltale Staff

@The13thRonin said: Can you say if any of this will be announced within the year?

When you say within the year, do you mean within 2012? Probably not.

Within a year from now? More likely.

• @lucidity02 said: Sounds like you misunderstood my post pretty much completely.

It sounds like you're socially inept, too. You didn't have a lot of friends growing up, did you?

• @bubbledncr said: When you say within the year, do you mean within 2012? Probably not.

Within a year from now? More likely.

Fair enough, thanks for the response.

I guess ETA is probably at best late next year Early 2014 then. Not that I'm complaining. Take all the time you guys need.

• @Tyrant said: It sounds like you're socially inept, too. You didn't have a lot of friends growing up, did you?

Why so angry? Here, have a cookie. cookie.gif

• @Tyrant said: It sounds like you're socially inept, too. You didn't have a lot of friends growing up, did you?

I...had lots? Still do? I'm confused. Are you trying to make a personal attack on someone you don't know on the Internet, like you did with your first post? Or are you just now realizing that you misunderstood my initial post and are now trying to deflect things?

Just curious. If you have any tips on how to make friends, hit me up, brah! With your personality, I'm sure people are knocking down the proverbial door to spend time with you!

• So, I wonder how many more illiterate posters are going to come into a venting thread to tell everyone...AGAIN that they are only venting because of Lee's death. :rolleyes:

Okay, let's take away Lee's death for a moment.

Defend the kidnapper who just so happens to know all of Lee's "choices" BEFORE they even encounter his car of goods? So the guy was just taking his son hunting during the ZA and lost him, then gathered up supplies with his family to look for him, got into a fight with his wife, went out looking for his wife and kid, cut off her head, and had enough time to watch and pass judgement on Lee?

Oh and why even go through a rundown of Lee's "choices" when most of them were not even the player's choice?

Explain why Clem never meets up with Christa and Omid at the trains although that's where I told them to meet up.

Explain why, whenever I made a choice something always happened that makes that choice moot.

Save Carley, Carley dies. Heck in some games you can save Doug and still end up with Carley alive in the next episode. lol!

Keep Lilly, Lilly escapes any way.

Save Ben, Ben dies

Have Kenny's back no matter what and he'll claim you never had his back.

No matter who all stay at the house, they all get beat up by half dead old cancer patients.

Kenny dies (or lost in the herd) no matter what.

Christa and Omid NEVER die.

The game clearly had one linear storyline path with little loops that just bring you back to the one path they set out for you. That is the major issue. Oh and stop bringing up Lee's death already as a defense. I played through twice and both times I had Clem shoot him in the head to make sure he was down. :p

Add Comment