User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 4.4K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @PatPlaysTWD said: I wasn't giving you an order, I was suggesting it. What the post meant is, that you and a couple of other Lilly fans go on threads, and the second somebody mentions Kenny, you (or another person) make a post that mostly goes like this:

"Hurp derp Kenn'y a fucking asshole I hope he dies by anything, mostly lee, I wish Lilly would come back, she's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great, Kenny's a fucking spawn of evil, why did you make him telltale?

P.S. Kenny sucks"

I don't agree.
    We all already know it is ridicilous to argue after two or three epoisodes passed. At least I am aware of that. This game is about to end tomorrow, yeah yeah we knew it.

On my part, I like discussing and knowing others's opinions about characters and the thing is I don't think I was so harsh on people's feelings.

And I deliberately am not talking about some more important manners like newsworthy threads entitled "Who will survive?" or "What is about Season 2" etc. because I don't want to see any spoilers(I didn't watch the latest trailer). To be honest, I don't know if someone is curious about my idea. Probably I'll be discussing those after my game is finished.
    Meanwhile I'm watching threads like this for fun and for not wasting time with possibly "will never happen" predictions. (Besides I already attended many of them, too)
    I am not sure if Kenny&Lilly kinda threads are much worse than the ones which entitled on MAIN PAGE as "who will kill who and what will happen to boat" kinda threads.

Please don't think that people are talking here because they are dying for Lilly or Kenny, or they are unaware of where the story goes. Carley is dead or Lilly is dead, bla bla bla, everyone knows everything. We are talking here because we are having fun with hearing others'.
    If you don't like to see this thread, you can just simply ignore it. Click on another title my friend; if I may give you a SUGGESTION myself.

All the Best with the final episode.
    P.S: Kenny sucks (see, no harm done)

• @thestalkinghead said: just because you want to blame everyone but lilly for killing doug and carley it doesn't mean it's true, she killed them nobody else did, i take responsibility for finishing larry of with kenny, so yes blaming the actual person that did it appeals to me, because it is the truth

All I'm suggesting is that maybe just maybe your actions along with Kenny in murdering Lilly's father right in front of her may have contributed to Lilly being somewhat irrational later on in the story. That's all.

@thestalkinghead said: Team Kenny AND Lilly! And we don't need the Lilly fans angering every Kenny fan in this community. Just keep your Kenny hatred to yourself.

This is the Lilly appreciation thead where we for the most part like to say nice things about Lilly. What you're looking for is the fuck Kenny thread. That's where I post all my Kenny hate by the buckets.:D

@thestalkinghead said: I wasn't giving you an order, I was suggesting it. What the post meant is, that you and a couple of other Lilly fans go on threads, and the second somebody mentions Kenny, you (or another person) make a post that mostly goes like this:

"Hurp derp Kenn'y a fucking asshole I hope he dies by anything, mostly lee, I wish Lilly would come back, she's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great, Kenny's a fucking spawn of evil, why did you make him telltale?

P.S. Kenny sucks"

I do like to mention the time I got to tell Kenny to go fuck himself at the end of e4 (that was a great moment in gaming for me :D) but I've only seen Kenny bashing in the context of an on-topic reply. It's not like a Carley thread where someone mentions how much they miss Carley and someone else chimes in for the sole purpose of bashing Carley and mentioing Doug. Happens every single time.

• @PatPlaysTWD said: Team Kenny AND Lilly! And we don't need the Lilly fans angering every Kenny fan in this community. Just keep your Kenny hatred to yourself.

Why should I? First of all, this is the Lilly appreciation thread, so if anyone should have to stop, it's Kenny fans trashing on Lilly here. However, we (most Lilly fans) appreciate good discussion so we don't mind them.
    I hate Kenny mostly in the Fuck Kenny thread, which is once again aimed exactly at what I am doing.
    I don't go and look for Kenny fan threads and post negative things about him there. I (we) don't also post thousands of "Bring Carley back" threads as Carley fans do, so actually I would say we are one of the most peaceful and organized group of fans.

@PatPlaysTWD said: just because you want to blame everyone but lilly for killing doug and carley it doesn't mean it's true, she killed them nobody else did, i take responsibility for finishing larry of with kenny, so yes blaming the actual person that did it appeals to me, because it is the truth

So, if my Lee killed Duck in cold blood, or even because of the circumstances and Kenny decided to kill me, Clem or anybody else in return, it is entirely on his hands and I don't have anything to do with it? Wow...

• Looks like Lilly was right! She said not to steal from that station wagon, so did Clem and Lee (in my game). But that Kenny..... okay I'll save my comments on Kenny for the Fuck Kenny thread.

• When that creep guy was questioning me, he knew a lot about what happened. He blamed me for saving Carley, for killing both Andy and Danny and for stealing the food (which I did, yeah).
    I do wonder however, if you helped kill Larry, would he blame you for that too?

Do you think that those are actually the things Clem blames Lee for?

P.S I was kinda mad when I heard Kenny mentioning Lilly and Larry.

• blames Lee for......?

Wow, I never thought to look at it that way... hmmm.

• Well, I don't know. It was just a suggestion, cause I've seen only my ep.5
    I mean, it makes sense that at the time Clem might have felt upset with my Lee killing both St. Johns. That's probably the reason why she told the stranger.

• I liked Lily until she shot Carley in the head. That pissed me off. But until that scene, I liked her.

• @YamiRaziel said: Well, I don't know. It was just a suggestion, cause I've seen only my ep.5
    I mean, it makes sense that at the time Clem might have felt upset with my Lee killing both St. Johns. That's probably the reason why she told the stranger.

No, you've given me something to think about, something I hadn't even considered.

I mean, in a way, Crazydude's been Clem's "go-to" person when things get bad and she just needed someone to talk to.

At least before she realized how crazy he was. You might be onto something.

• @YamiRaziel said: When that creep guy was questioning me, he knew a lot about what happened. He blamed me for saving Carley, for killing both Andy and Danny and for stealing the food (which I did, yeah).
    I do wonder however, if you helped kill Larry, would he blame you for that too?

Do you think that those are actually the things Clem blames Lee for?

P.S I was kinda mad when I heard Kenny mentioning Lilly and Larry.

Now that you mention it...the words he (the psycho bastard creep) used sounded like the way Clem would describe the situation as blaming Lee. The one I remember best was "saving the pretty girl with the gun and letting a boy be pulled into the darkness.."

You could be on to something here.

Add Comment