User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 9K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Team Larry all the way lol. Nah thats why we smashed his head in with a saltlick

• Well... at least Lilly is alive... unlike... hm... let's say Kenny :p

• hmmm but there might be "Two" Lily Cauls so "our" lily might be dead

• Team Lilly. Lilly's boss in the game and the comics. Has anyone read the novel?

• I've only read Rise of the Governor. I haven't had the time to pick the Road of Woodbury yet. As far as I know Kiel555 has read both of them

• @YamiRaziel said: Well... at least Lilly is alive... unlike... hm... let's say Kenny :p

And she kills a women and a baby. Yay!

• @Doctanian said: Team Lilly. Lilly's boss in the game and the comics. Has anyone read the novel?

@Doctanian said: I've only read Rise of the Governor. I haven't had the time to pick the Road of Woodbury yet. As far as I know Kiel555 has read both of them

I've read the novel and must admit that it was not that good. The rise of the governor was much better and a pretty good story. Road to Woodbury was not that good of a story and Lilly in the novel was not that same as Lilly in the video game (not even close). I'd say they were close to being opposites.

My two biggest issues with the novel are:

1) The character of Lilly introduced and described for 2/3 of the novel is not capable and totally unbelievable of doing the things in the last 1/3 of the novel. The characters who sided with Lilly also caused a "what??" reaction.

2) The Lilly in the last 1/3 of the novel had more in common with Lilly of the video game BUT the Governor was almost the opposite of the governor in the novel Rise of the Governor for the last 1/3 of the novel.

It was a weird read as characters flip-flopped and did things that were opposite of the background provided.

• Lilly was my least favorite character.

• @Kiel555 said: I've read the novel and must admit that it was not that good. The rise of the governor was much better and a pretty good story. Road to Woodbury was not that good of a story and Lilly in the novel was not that same as Lilly in the video game (not even close). I'd say they were close to being opposites.

My two biggest issues with the novel are:

1) The character of Lilly introduced and described for 2/3 of the novel is not capable and totally unbelievable of doing the things in the last 1/3 of the novel. The characters who sided with Lilly also caused a "what??" reaction.

2) The Lilly in the last 1/3 of the novel had more in common with Lilly of the video game BUT the Governor was almost the opposite of the governor in the novel Rise of the Governor for the last 1/3 of the novel.

It was a weird read as characters flip-flopped and did things that were opposite of the background provided.

Wait, so they even messed up the Governor from Rise of the Governor? Not only do they screw up characters from the game, but now they can't even keep their own in line?

• I really have no idea what Kirkman was thinking with that book...

Add Comment