User Avatar Image

Batman thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 11.2K users

With Batman Arkham City coming out yesterday (uk) and the 18th of October (usa) and with me finishing it yesterday i throught it would be cool to open a batman thread so go ahead and say anything you want about batman you can talk about the games comics movies anything batman you can even make reviews of it ill start

Review of Batman Arkham Asylum

Story - The Joker breaks out of arkham and lets Batman capture him and bring him back but as Batman thinks it was too easy and thinks Joker is up to something he is proven Right as Joker takes control of arkham and kills many guards unleashes all of the inmates with the help of Harley Quinn and the inmates being killer choc Scarecrow and more of the villians from batmans past and with the pain of the riddler who makes batman solve all his riddles..its gonna be one big night for the dark knight

Gameplay - just belive me this is one of the best comic book games and it feels like you really are the dark knight as you fight,do puzzles and solve riddles it is really good gameplay

Overall - it is one of the best batman games if not one of the best comic book games made and if you can i would say ether get it along with the sequel Arkham City or if you can find it just get it so Batman Arkham Asylum gets a 9.0

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @coolsome said: The Hobbit will play the full length trailer for Man of Steel.

Well, that's kinda off topic, but it is about freakin time.

• @Shadowknight1 said: Well, that's kinda off topic, but it is about freakin time.

Its sorta on topic there's no DC thread and it would get lost in whatevers thread and its not enough to warrant a new thread.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Noname215 said: [QUOTE=Zeruis;736880]You know what I miss? Batman Beyond. They had such a great following with the show, too. Then they just had to switch over to comics...

I miss Justice League. Even for a cartoon, the last episode had me in tears.[/QUOTE]
    I just miss the 90's-2000's DC Animated Universe in general. They were all really good, and they all managed to keep continuity between each other pretty well. I even liked the Batman Beyond spin-off The Zeta Project (it's a shame that one was cancelled so early in it's run, especially when it was left on such a cliffhanger).

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: I think the Nolan-verse should stay separated. It really doesn't seem like a place where superpowers would exist. Nolan spent so much work grounding the Batman films in some kind of reality that I think it would just come crumbling down if you put a flying alien or a magic ring into it.

I really do understand that. I remember an interview where Nolan said that it's important that the concept of a superhero didn't exist in Bruce's world, because if it did, it would totally change what it meant when he decided to become Batman. That's why they changed it so he was seeing an opera with his parents instead of seeing Zorro, so it'd be clear that there was no precedent for what he was doing.

So what I'm talking about is, Justice League is a new universe, starting with this Man of Steel movie. That makes sense. But I feel like, even within this new universe where superpowers are real, it'd be interesting if Batman was still the first such masked vigilante, and in that scenario it would make sense for him to very much resemble the Batman from Nolan's world. So the Nolanverse would be unaffected by this Justice League universe, but the JL universe could "import" a copy of the Nolanverse Batman, if that makes sense.

Although, when it comes down to it, The Dark Knight Rises was over-the-top enough that I don't particularly feel like superheroes would be out of place anymore.

• @LuigiHann said: I really do understand that. I remember an interview where Nolan said that it's important that the concept of a superhero didn't exist in Bruce's world, because if it did, it would totally change what it meant when he decided to become Batman. That's why they changed it so he was seeing an opera with his parents instead of seeing Zorro, so it'd be clear that there was no precedent for what he was doing.

So what I'm talking about is, Justice League is a new universe, starting with this Man of Steel movie. That makes sense. But I feel like, even within this new universe where superpowers are real, it'd be interesting if Batman was still the first such masked vigilante, and in that scenario it would make sense for him to very much resemble the Batman from Nolan's world. So the Nolanverse would be unaffected by this Justice League universe, but the JL universe could "import" a copy of the Nolanverse Batman, if that makes sense.

Although, when it comes down to it, The Dark Knight Rises was over-the-top enough that I don't particularly feel like superheroes would be out of place anymore.

I agree entirely. Having things start with Batman and escalate once Clark comes to Earth would make sense and still feel grounded. And....it's exactly what Marvel did. They started with a grounded superhero then brought in more outlandish ones gradually.

• @LuigiHann said: I really do understand that. I remember an interview where Nolan said that it's important that the concept of a superhero didn't exist in Bruce's world, because if it did, it would totally change what it meant when he decided to become Batman. That's why they changed it so he was seeing an opera with his parents instead of seeing Zorro, so it'd be clear that there was no precedent for what he was doing.

Oh I definitely agree with that. Batman should be Batman and the juxtaposition of a relatively normal, human superhero amongst all the superpowered gods is what makes Batman interesting in the Justice League. I'm just saying it shouldn't literally be the Batman from the Nolan movies, casting-wise.

It's sort of like when Val Kilmer took over the Bats role in Batman Forever. I know, technically, it's supposed to be the same universe as the first two films, but the casting change allows you to think of it as a whole new animal so you can forgive the fact that Gotham has now become ridiculous and neon-covered and Harvey Dent now looks like (half of) Tommy Lee Jones. At least you could forgive it from a continuity standpoint - taste is a whole separate issue. It felt like a new iteration so it could play by new rules. That's why I think the JL Bats should be someone new. It could still be a Nolan-esque Batman, but if it's played by a different person it won't reflect back on Nolan's trilogy.

Add Comment