User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 24.8K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Zeruis said: I want to see Clem with Christa and Omid as well. It'd be a shame to have the two characters at the top of the hill to be completely new, who have NO idea what she's been through. She can't just join these people, can she?

On another note, shouldn't this be posted in the season 2 speculation thread at the top?

^this

• @george1120 said: I'm hoping she learns to not need someone to help her anymore. Maybe she is the main playable character and she helps the two survivors?

She's 9 years old, she is going to need some help from others. She couldn't do half the things that Lee could do because she is only a kid. Playing as her means that we wouldn't be able to make any decisions because no one listens to a 9 year old.

• No matter what they do, I hope they bring back Molly somehow. Her situation in season 1 one seems to be made to bring her back as a character in season 2.

• Thinking about Season 2 again.
    Here is another idea. In Season 1 where you are forced to make a decision to save either Shawn or Duck, then Carley or Doug. There should be another option (well not really an option but another choice). By not doing anything at all you could lose both characters and the story STILL continues and changes things drastically.

• while i watching ep5 reivew from ign , greg who made the reivew said something about keeping the save file , i asked him and he said confirmed it that telltale will used in season 2

so what exactly the save file of saeson 1 do in saeson 2 ?
    don't tell me it's just about clem hoodie
    cuz it will be the biggest telltae mistakes

can't wait for season 2
    sorry if there's any english mistakes

• Imagine if one of the new characters was Campmans son :O !!!

• @Lin001 said: Bah, unless the whole group went to hell, she wouldn't be alone. People who saved Carley could trust her. If you sided with Kenny, and in case that he and his family survive, he could raise her with Duck.

There's Lilly too, but unless she comes back after the Woodbury Accident, and alive, she wouldn't be a option. There's Doug too, but... I don't know. I saved him and all, he seems like a good guy... But I just have that feeling that, if I trust the little girl to him... Well, you guys can imagine.

And of course the new girl who appears in the Chapter 3 Preview. I mean, who knows? :D

And I would really like to play as a Teen Clementine. She doesn't need to be sexy or something. But it would be nice if she happens to be cute.

Well, now seeing the ending of episode 5 (and the group gone to he'll xD) a teenage clem, yes. A hardened clem? Not so much. She is a bit scarred after all this, and that should show in season 2 (being with Omid and Christa for the space between)

• @mariofan24 said: Well, now seeing the ending of episode 5 (and the group gone to he'll xD) a teenage clem, yes. A hardened clem? Not so much. She is a bit scarred after all this, and that should show in season 2 (being with Omid and Christa for the space between)

We won't get a teenage Clem, because it would require for their to be a time skip that would go past where the comic is currently at. We will most likely get a new group of people who will be introduced first, and then later on they will meet up with Clem as show at the ending credits. It will be interesting to see if she will become more jaded in the second season considering that she has been through a lot and will probably continue to go through bad things in the next season. I also think that she will probably play a more active role fighting with the group then the first one. The first season ended with her starting to be able to do things for her self. She is still has a naive kind of personality that will probably slowly fade in the second season.

• I'm not interested in watching Clementine suffer any more than she already has. I'd actually like to see what's happening on the West Coast. There could be a H.A.M. radio scene where they contact a large settlement to the East and in a panning shot you could see Clementine walking with Omid and Krista. A road trip could ensue. Or, as someone else already came up with, the last two characters in another group could walk through that field and see Clementine sitting by that car. I have no interest in walking around blasting zombies as a hardened Clementine.

• I think the new season will continue Clem's story but may not necessarily feature her as the playable character. It might be kind of weird to play as a nine year old, in my opinion. No matter what, though, I'm definitely excited for season 2.

Add Comment