User Avatar Image

What characters would you like to see in Season 2?

posted by HungryHippo5 on - last edited - Viewed by 606 users

I'm still trying to decide if I want Clementine's story to be left up to interpretation and focus on a new cast in Season 2, or whether it should carry on from the ending of No Time Left.

Assuming it does carry on, who would you like to see? I think I'd really like to see Clementine, Molly, Omid and Christa return, but I think the rest should be new characters - at least one new male lead.

There's a lot of interesting dynamics they could explore in the next season - with Omid and Christa (who I like to think were the two people in the distance in the ending), I think it would be great to explore Christa's apparent pregnancy more. Unlike with Lori in the comics and show who wants to have her baby, there seems to be a reluctance with Christa to bring hers into this world given the state of things. It would be interesting to see if she had a miscarriage for example and see how that would affect her mental state.

With Molly, there's obviously a lot of potentially back-story they could delve further into with her sister and leaving the group. It would be cool if Season 2 picked up a few months after and she runs into Omid, Christa and Clementine, only to discover the fate of Lee and the others. Would she feel guilty for leaving them? I'd like to see them explore her trust issues and how that would impact her decision to leave the group again or decide to stay.

I'd also like to see a character replace Lee whom Clementine initially sees as a sort of replacement figure for Lee, but perhaps distances himself a bit from Clem for her own sake, who maybe had a daughter of his own. Clementine would struggle with getting over Lee's death and realising that he simply cannot be replaced, and perhaps the same could be said of new male character.

I'm kind of just spouting my own ideas here, but I definitely think there could be some really intense stories told in the next season. No matter what happens, I'm looking forward to it! What characters do you think you'd like to see return if any do?

14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @HungryHippo5 said: I'm still trying to decide if I want Clementine's story to be left up to interpretation and focus on a new cast in Season 2, or whether it should carry on from the ending of No Time Left.

    Assuming it does carry on, who would you like to see? I think I'd really like to see Clementine, Molly, Omid and Christa return, but I think the rest should be new characters - at least one new male lead.

    There's a lot of interesting dynamics they could explore in the next season - with Omid and Christa (who I like to think were the two people in the distance in the ending), I think it would be great to explore Christa's apparent pregnancy more. Unlike with Lori in the comics and show who wants to have her baby, there seems to be a reluctance with Christa to bring hers into this world given the state of things. It would be interesting to see if she had a miscarriage for example and see how that would affect her mental state.

    With Molly, there's obviously a lot of potentially back-story they could delve further into with her sister and leaving the group. It would be cool if Season 2 picked up a few months after and she runs into Omid, Christa and Clementine, only to discover the fate of Lee and the others. Would she feel guilty for leaving them? I'd like to see them explore her trust issues and how that would impact her decision to leave the group again or decide to stay.

    I'd also like to see a character replace Lee whom Clementine initially sees as a sort of replacement figure for Lee, but perhaps distances himself a bit from Clem for her own sake, who maybe had a daughter of his own. Clementine would struggle with getting over Lee's death and realising that he simply cannot be replaced, and perhaps the same could be said of new male character.

    I'm kind of just spouting my own ideas here, but I definitely think there could be some really intense stories told in the next season. No matter what happens, I'm looking forward to it! What characters do you think you'd like to see return if any do?

    I'd like to see christa,omid and kenny. And obviously Clem aswell, possibly molly too

  • @Crixus said: I'd like to see christa,omid and kenny. And obviously Clem aswell, possibly molly too

    See, I know a lot of people want Kenny back, but I actually think he should be left dead. People might disagree, but I think it's a good place to end Kenny's story. He managed to overcome his guilt for blaming himself for Katjaa and Duck's deaths, and had come to forgive Ben.

    The way I view it, he had come to terms with what had happened, and is at peace with himself. Now he had an opportunity to help one last time and be with his family, I think there's no need to bring him back.

  • I'd like to see Clem, Christa, Omid, and Molly back.

    So I submit to you this, for a new male lead; how about a displaced green beret or military cop. So far in the show and in the game, we really don't see how military guys are coping with the whole zombie apocalypse, so it would be interesting to see; say an SF guy whom had a family (divorce rates are pretty high in the SF community) or an MP who also had a family but were lost in the over run of Benning or something to that affect. Use this as a story line for the first chapter or one and a half chapters until there's a flash back to Clem in the field and she's field and she's hiding behind the log from the walker on yonder hill and bam they're taken out by Molly who's gettin' out of dodge and she recognizes Clem and there's that awkward moment between them then switch back to the soldier and his crew of a crew chief, a postal worker, a soccer mom, a shop owner. Christa and Omid are then thrown into the mix and viola! Just some ideas...:cool:

  • Clem and thats it, i dont want Season 2 to turn into a cameo game which only shows S1 characters.

  • Clementine has to be in season 2 one way or another. Has to be.

    I'd like to see Omid and Christa's fates wrapped up as well. I'd enjoy a new survivor group or something, but i would be strongly disappointed if they left their fates ambiguous forever, especially after the epilogue scene in episode 5.

    As for Molly, i think she was there only for Crawford backstory and nothing more, honestly, though i do like her character.

  • @Mornai said: Clementine has to be in season 2 one way or another. Has to be.

    I'd like to see Omid and Christa's fates wrapped up as well. I'd enjoy a new survivor group or something, but i would be strongly disappointed if they left their fates ambiguous forever, especially after the epilogue scene in episode 5.

    As for Molly, i think she was there only for Crawford backstory and nothing more, honestly, though i do like her character.

    Killing of omid and christa would be a bit much imo

  • I want Kenny to be alive, but I'd rather they leave his status unknown. Omid, Christa, and Clem for Season 2.

  • As long as Clementine is in it, it's fine for me. I agree with you on everything except for Molly, I don't know... she didn't impress me really. About the new male lead part - yes.

  • I'd love a mention of rick like they did with thomas

  • @zeke10 said: Killing of omid and christa would be a bit much imo

    I don't mean killing them, just showing where they went, what they did, if they ever learned of Lee's fate, etc. I don't want them to just disappear(even Molly had a goodbye).

Add Comment