User Avatar Image

Episode 5 Disappointment (vent here) **SPOILERS**

posted by MaroubraDave on - last edited - Viewed by 4.9K users

Telltale,
Firstly i would like to say great game and a fantastic concept. However the ending i would say is not so great. While it is very well made and certainly tugs at your heart strings, I didn't play the game and wait for the ending only to find out i die anyway... Now i know people may argue that you didn't see lee actually turn so maybe he will be ok, but the fact you left it this way is really a let down to the series. I was really looking forward to the last episode but in all honesty it just brought me down and i kinda wish i stopped playing at episode 4. :confused: There should be an alternative ending where you can at least live... Just my opinion.

407 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I will say that, while I understand why people are annoyed that the Stranger will always find fault with you, the choices can change many players' perspective on him. For those who stole the food, many of them felt bad for the guy because they felt Lee ruined his life (not really the truth, but there it is).

Those who never stole the food and didn't put anyone in harm's way through choice see the Stranger as far more psychotic, selfish, and evil who was simply looking for someone to put his own faults and mistakes on, found Lee to do so, torture and kill him to make himself feel better, and then take Clem in order start his family again and kill the group to gain revenge. Depending on their choices, many people can see the Stranger as either a victim or purely insane with Lee as his victim.

Either way, the Stranger was purely self-serving as all his actions were aimed at making himself feel better through revenge, abducting Clem through deception and manipulation to regain what he lost, and even decapitating his wife's head and keeping it in a bag to have someone to vent to; that's even worse then what Crawford did with the barricade.

Overall, I liked the fact that your thoughts on the Stranger may be different during that whole sequence when he is telling you his story depending on your choices, primarily the whole station wagon decision. Some feel sorry for him because they did steal his food, while others just get more pissed and creeped out at him because they did nothing wrong and see the guy as nothing more than a self loathing and serving villain who was on the prowl for any poor soul to take his anger out on.

• @darknessofheart said: I will say that, while I understand why people are annoyed that the Stranger will always find fault with you, the choices can change many players' perspective on him. For those who stole the food, many of them felt bad for the guy because they felt Lee ruined his life (not really the truth, but there it is).

Those who never stole the food and didn't put anyone in harm's way through choice see the Stranger as far more psychotic, selfish, and evil who was simply looking for someone to put his own faults and mistakes on, found Lee to do so, torture and kill him to make himself feel better, and then take Clem in order start his family again and kill the group to gain revenge. Depending on their choices, many people can see the Stranger as either a victim or purely insane with Lee as his victim.

Either way, the Stranger was purely self-serving as all his actions were aimed at making himself feel better through revenge, abducting Clem through deception and manipulation to regain what he lost, and even decapitating his wife's head and keeping it in a bag to have someone to vent to; that's even worse then what Crawford did with the barricade.

Overall, I liked the fact that your thoughts on the Stranger may be different during that whole sequence when he is telling you his story depending on your choices, primarily the whole station wagon decision. Some feel sorry for him because they did steal his food, while others just get more pissed and creeped out at him because they did nothing wrong and see the guy as nothing more than a self loathing and serving villain who was on the prowl for any poor soul to take his anger out on.

If the food hadn't been taken and no one was put in harm's way then the stranger would seem even more out of place.

• ive been reading a lot of comments, and im wondering what people expected from a game about zombies and a disease that everyone has? Telltale tried to make the game to be tailored to the choices that we would have made if we were Lee.

What did you all hope to accomplish with "winning" the game? The fact is, people are in our lives for a certain period of time. They give us things that we can learn from that make us better people.
    i think the whole point TT was trying to make was that the choices are hopeless.. no matter what you do, who you save or choices you make.

So im wondering what you guys were expecting? Because even though i was sad that Lee died, and i was hoping he could over come it, i was happy of the journey

• LOL! I stole his food and pretty much told him to go f*ck himself as much as I could.:p

• @hawkfire20 said: It's obvious lol

no, it's not.

• The writters could have wraped it up in a much more unpredictable way. The fact that so many had figured the end episode out should be a clear sign of just how unoriginal the story ending really was. Im not downing the entire project, I was just expecting more from what seemed a great story telling experience than a ho-hum predictable end.

• @Malphaxis said: The writters could have wraped it up in a much more unpredictable way. The fact that so many had figured the end episode out should be a clear sign of just how unoriginal the story ending really was. Im not downing the entire project, I was just expecting more from what seemed a great story telling experience than a ho-hum predictable end.

It was predictable because everyone knows what happens when you get bit. If they did a cheap cop out and ended it with Lee being "immune" or finding a cure, it would have been disappointing.

They could have had the arm cutting thing work i suppose, but that would have been predictable as well.

• Hello Guys,

first of all, many thanks to Telltale that made a very good adventure game with a deep story inside. Nothing to say.
    But on the other hand, i cryed when Lee dead. I mean, it's not a good fair. Too much way to walk, 5 episode, a lot of players that play the game with wishes, emotions, fear and lot of decision, good or bad, to make the story themselves.

So, I really PRAY the developer of TellTale to try to "resurrect" Lee, even if he will be a PNG or even if Clem leave or shoot him or even if he did cutted off the arm. Try to find a way, PLEASE! I could not see an "episode 6" with another protagonist, another story of love, that will go to the final with a death.

Thank you and sorry for my bad english.
    Paolo

• @DarthVader1333 said: It feels like I'm the only person who kept his arm, I knew in the end it wasn't going to help him. I wish he never got bitten to begin with but then it wouldn't have been such a huge driving force for him to find Clem.

Because, otherwise you would have slept in while your daughter manque was in the hands of a madman?

You heartless rotter!

• @ZombieGoBoom said: I'm okay with Lee's death. I went into this game prepared to do anything to keep Clem and the characters I care about safe. I just wish I had just a little more info on Clem's fate.

Yup. The lack of any sort of closure in that regard was clearly the result of bad planning and a deadline. Weak sauce.

Add Comment