User Avatar Image

What was your opinion on Lilly?

posted by HiggsBoson2142 on - last edited - Viewed by 374 users

Obviously there's been sides taken ever since the scene in the meat locker.

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I had problems with her before her breakdown, but I saw where she was coming from.

After Carley's death, I wanted to shoot her in the face.

• I'm kind of inbetween. I like her character and the connection to the comics (to me, 'Road to Woodbury' doesn't exist). I thought it was really interesting how the actions I chose in the game (Siding with Kenny and leaving her on the road in anger) could have led her to do what she did in the comics. I kind of love to hate her after what she did to Carley. I always liked to keep the group big but I was so shocked with what she did I pretty much instantly left her behind.

Edit: In Episode 5 Lee says that he blames himself partly for Carley's death if you choose her as the person you cared about hurt hurt in the conversation with Campman. In my playthrough that was kind of true since his actions pretty much led Lilly to kill Carley. I like Lilly more in this game because of the connection to the comics really, I think it's pretty cool.

• Lilly was bossy and hot headed, and i didn't like how she treated new survivors, so i had a lesser opinion of her to begin with. After Larry died, she just became a wreck. She was paranoid, even more of a controlling tyrant than before, and was practically waiting for someone to get tired of her shenanigans so she could snap. After she commits murder in cold blood, with nothing but psychotic rage and personal hatred to fuel her actions, i was done with her.

I left Lilly on the side of the road, to face the consequences of her actions, and let her choose her own fate.

• "I have my problems with her," (but) "Yeah, she's great."

• @YamiRaziel said: There were no bandits, because Ben made a deal with them.
    Plus, who cares what Kenny wants? I will quote Lilly:
    Gambling with your family's life is pretty stupid, if you ask me!
    Will you remind me when was the last time any of them ate after they left the motor inn?
    And how was Savannah not ten times worse than the motor inn?

So what are you saying? Without Ben's deal they would have been attacked even sooner? That even further shows how unsafe it was to stay there.

Let me quote Kenny: "What about food? What about protection? What about when this place falls?.....(Lilly argues to stay) And when 15 bandits hop over that wall in the middle of the night? What then?" Lilly pushes Lee to find the hidden stash, and then the bandits fuckin' attack them!

The last time they ate after the motor in? Not including the supplies they gathered.. Lee finds animal crackers and water. Chuck gives people candy...lol.

Savannah was only 10x worse after Lilly steals the RV and forces them to take the train which brings all the walkers with them.

• Probably one of the best written characters in the game. Terrific voice actress. Really hoped Lee would've had more adventures with her.

• I didn't really mind her and even felt sorry right up to the point before she shot Carely. After that I was like "You're gone. I guess the apple doesn't far from the tree after all"

It's even worse if you keep her on the RV and she steals it. A real stab in the back to any Lee's who liked Lilly and a true example of what kind of person she is.

• Was against here all the way, but finally understood her...

• @Doctanian said: Probably one of the best written characters in the game. Terrific voice actress. Really hoped Lee would've had more adventures with her.

Agreed. Kenny's my bro but I loved Lilly so much, too. It's kind of funny how people hate Lilly but love Kenny... when they're essentially opposite sides of the same coin before the breakdown. And I completely understand why she did what she did, as much as I thought it was wrong, so...

• @Doctanian said: Probably one of the best written characters in the game. Terrific voice actress. Really hoped Lee would've had more adventures with her.

I enjoyed all the characters but I think Lilly and Kenny are the ones that interested me the most,I wish Lilly had lasted longer in the game.Since she's the only original survivor(possibly)still out there(excluding Clem) I'd like to see her again one day.

Add Comment