User Avatar Image

Questions for the Walking Dead team!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 21K users

Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Are Christa and Omid alive?

• If they didn't answer these questions in the game(yet) i doubt they'll answer them here. :p

Are you planning on making any merchandise of the game(clothing/action figures/posters/etc.)?

• I wonder if the two people in the distance on the hill our two new characters that we will play as in season 2 ??? I only say this because if you told clementine to go find Christa and Omid and she didn't come back with them, maybe she found them dead or something :S !!!

• @RAnthonyMahan said: Let me think. It's hard to think up a good question since I know most stuff you're not at liberty to answer. Hmm...

OK, here's one. I always found one of Telltale's biggest selling points to be the humor. You've mostly dealt with silly licenses (Sam and Max, Homestar Runner, Monkey Island) in the past. However, The Walking Dead is a very serious work, and what little humor it has is of the dark variety. Are there any particular challenges with taking on a serious franchise (this applies to Jurassic Park as well as The Walking Dead)? Do you think the people who play Telltale's products to laugh be able to enjoy this as much as your previous, lighter efforts?

The Walking Dead is incredibly funny. Go to the forum on favorite quotes and you will see what I mean.

• @RainbowSprinklz said: The Walking Dead is incredibly funny. Go to the forum on favorite quotes and you will see what I mean.

The Walking Dead is not known for it's already bleak source of humor. Sure, there are funny things here and there, but the genre is heavy drama throughout the five episodes.

Now Sam and Max, that's a series well known for its humor.

• My question for the walking dead team is how was Clem able to carry Lee to safety? They were completely surrounded by "thousands of walkers."

• @mkane24 said: My question for the walking dead team is how was Clem able to carry Lee to safety? They were completely surrounded by "thousands of walkers."

In times of great stress and fear the human body is able to push in more adrenaline which increase strength. In fact most of the time we only really use 50% of our total strength even when working out. Its at these moments of life or death that we can truely push ourselfs to the limit. The human body is a amazing machine.

• @Jake said: Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

How many endings are there to Season 1?

• Any idea when season 2 will come out? Oh and will people who already bought the game have to pay for season 2 and it's episodes?

• How on EARTH did Beatrice(girl in episode 3 beginning) survive three entire months with that strategy?

Add Comment