User Avatar Image

Who is sticking with Telltale?

posted by dustpuffs on - last edited - Viewed by 537 users

I haven't seen a thread like this, so I thought I'd make it my first one!

Well, we know The Walking Dead has brought a lot of new players to Telltale Games. I myself played Bone out from Boneville a long time ago, and hadn't remembered it was a Telltale game until I started The Walking Dead, so I still consider myself new to TTG. So for the other players who are new to the Telltale experience, a poll:
Will you play any upcoming Telltale games?
I know that for some people, the wait between episodes was a deal breaker, but I found that I really enjoyed the episodic gaming, and I really liked their writing, so I will give their future games a try!
What are your thoughts?

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Season 2 of TWD is already on my wishlist for sure.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Eh, why not... guess I'll stick around for a while. :p

• @puzzlebox said: Eh, why not... guess I'll stick around for a while. :p

Good to hear the new community lead is sticking around :)

• @dustpuffs said: I haven't seen a thread like this, so I thought I'd make it my first one!

Well, we know The Walking Dead has brought a lot of new players to Telltale Games. I myself played Bone out from Boneville a long time ago, and hadn't remembered it was a Telltale game until I started The Walking Dead, so I still consider myself new to TTG. So for the other players who are new to the Telltale experience, a poll:
    Will you play any upcoming Telltale games?
    I know that for some people, the wait between episodes was a deal breaker, but I found that I really enjoyed the episodic gaming, and I really liked their writing, so I will give their future games a try!
    What are your thoughts?

I'll gladly play the Daryl and Merle game from Interactive, but TTG's gotten its last of my game dollars. This was a decent interactive comic, and a lot of its success or failure was going to come down to the ending. TTG simply blew it, there.

The ending was a hopeless bungle. Lee's great sacrifice is no sacrifice at all. First, it's unimaginable that Clem, if she even survives the city (and recall that we forgot to, you know, actually tell her how to find Omid and Christa--oops!), won't be forever haunted by the image of zombie Lee chained to a radiator in a windowless room for all eternity. The big deal he makes, that she shouldn't shoot him, is horribly, horribly misguided. Putting down someone before they turn is extremely cathartic. It was a point of honor and pride and closure for Carl to put down Lori in the tv series. In the game it completely spoils the whole ending. Clem doesn't get that closure.

Second, are you kidding me? We're left with no cutscene, no reunion with Omid and Christa where we see Clem finally escape? It's clear that TTG badly rushed the entire episode, recycling locations and so on, but this was the worst sort of failure. It played exactly as though the developer simply hit the wall of a deadline and had to quit without finishing.

• Of course, TTG is one of my favorite game companies. :)

• I'm gunna say yea, but thats just going to be the walking dead series

• Came because of TWD, stayed for comedic games. :p Seriously, I'd give anything for S+M season 4. Or at least another Bone...

• I'm not going anywhere.

But, I'm not getting anything other than The Walking Dead.

I'm just not an adventure gamer.

Well, not this kind of adventure gamer.

• This would be a better poll if it happened before episode 5 came out. Most people that won't come back have already left the forums.

Add Comment