User Avatar Image

[EP1] Where are pharmacy keys?

posted by jcashsp on - last edited - Viewed by 46.8K users

I've been looking and looking and can't find them. Any help?

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @dustpuffs said: If you select the photo, Lee shows it to Doug. Don't know what you are playing on, this was easily done with a mouse scroll wheel on P.C.

Playing on a mac laptop with trackpad at the moment, but when I mouseover doug the only option I get is the text bubble; there's nothing to scroll down to. I can see in the little bar on the far left of the screen that the picture is in my inventory, but when I mouseover doug there's no way for me to show it to him.

• You don't mouse over Doug. Did you feed anyone an energy bar? You just scrolled on it, and it became an option to feed. The same with the photo. Just scroll through your items and choose it. Then Lee should show it to Doug.

• @dustpuffs said: You don't mouse over Doug. Did you feed anyone an energy bar? You just scrolled on it, and it became an option to feed. The same with the photo. Just scroll through your items and choose it. Then Lee should show it to Doug.

Yeah, I fed a couple people energy bars, gave whats-her-face the batteries, etc. etc. There's a white circle over each character, and when I mouseover it, options come up that I can scroll through (like the speech bubble to talk, the energy bar icon to give food, etc.). But when I do that for Doug, the only thing that appears is the speech bubble icon, there is no other icon or option to choose and no way to "scroll through my items"

• You may have a glitch. Have you exited out of the game and then gone back in? Or maybe try rewinding to the prior chapter and play through again to see if it works. Sometimes these solutions make things work for people when they wouldn't work before. There are playthroughs on YouTube if you want to watch it, in case that helps any. Sorry you are struggling with this. Maybe someone else has had this problem and could chime in?

Edit: Okay, crap, sorry, it looks like a step got left out here, I'd thought it was in Walkerbait's post, but just reread and realized it wasn't there. Anyway, when you are outside with Doug, look over at the zombie under the pole. Then you should be able to show Doug the photo. You say something like " I think that guy has the pharmacy keys", Doug asks why, and you show him the photo and tell him he looks like the guy in it. Hope this helps. Good luck!

• @dustpuffs said:

Edit: Okay, crap, sorry, it looks like a step got left out here, I'd thought it was in Walkerbait's post, but just reread and realized it wasn't there. Anyway, when you are outside with Doug, look over at the zombie under the pole. Then you should be able to show Doug the photo. You say something like " I think that guy has the pharmacy keys", Doug asks why, and you show him the photo and tell him he looks like the guy in it. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks, that was it! I had done the look-at-the-zombie bit when I first arrived at the pharmacy, and since I wanted to show the photo to Doug rather than the zombie, it didn't occur to me to try clicking the zombie again.

So, for those who come across this in the future, here's what you need to do (some mild spoilers):

(1) When you arrive at the pharmacy, go into the office, get the picture (it's on the floor). If you want, at this point you can also get the remote (it's in the desk drawer once you move the desk) and then go outside and show it to Doug. You show him the remote by talking to him, but you show him the photo by looking at the zombie across the street and then selecting the photo from your inventory. You can do one or both of these things now, or when you get back from doing step 2, doesn't matter. But you can't actually get the keys until you've completed step 2.
    (2) Go on mission with Glenn, come back with the axe.
    (3) When you get back to the pharmacy, go outside and talk to Doug (again, or for the first time if you didn't before). Look at the zombie and select the photo to show it to Doug, then he'll agree that's proof the zombie has the keys (if you didn't already do this in step 2).
    (3b) Show doug the remote control if you haven't already and have him turn on the TVs across the street.
    (4) Axe and then open the door, toss the brick at the glass window to attract the zombies to the noise
    (5) Run across the street, get the keys.
    (6) ???
    (7) Profit.

• Glad I could help :) Good luck with the rest of the game!

• @dustpuffs said: You may have a glitch. Have you exited out of the game and then gone back in? Or maybe try rewinding to the prior chapter and play through again to see if it works. Sometimes these solutions make things work for people when they wouldn't work before. There are playthroughs on YouTube if you want to watch it, in case that helps any. Sorry you are struggling with this. Maybe someone else has had this problem and could chime in?

nice catch dustpuffs!! i didn't realize i had left that out i'm glad they got past it:)

• guys y? to unlock the username and password?? plzz help me

• If you select the photo, Lee shows it to Doug.

• Gotta say that I've been playing adventure games since The Hobbit & Snowball (and most, if not all of the Lucas Arts, Discworld, Broken Sword etc) but the 'turn the TVs on with the Remote' is just plain stupid - it's not a good solution (sorry but I can't figure out how to block spoilers, not that it's going to spoil anything as the clue seems so out of context with the rest of this guided narrative, sorry, adventure). Still, it's infinitely better than the TV series.

Add Comment