User Avatar Image

Ben didnt really prove himself in the end.

posted by DarcKage on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

Which is a damn shame.

Yeah, he finally stood up to Kenny and told him what's up, which was good. But he was still a liability in the end. I really feel sorry for the poor kid, he couldnt do anything right and died a horrible death.

- got several people killed.
- Got bitched at all the time and treated like a kid.
- Never got to see his family.
- Had to live for a while with the guilt of indirectly killing Katjaa/Duck.
- Died in an alleyway surrounded by walkers with no one but the guy who hated his guts all this time by his side.
- Probably never got laid.

Such a sad story. :(

73 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @george1120 said: if you brought only ben with you, he will question if he should cut off lee's arm, then tells lee to do it himself. then he passes out when lee cuts his arm. lol.

Are you serious? Omg that's hilarious lmao. And also I was right that ben never got to truly redeem himself and pull his weight. That's just how TWD is.

• @george1120 said: the game would not advance unless you use up your bullets.

oh, and it was ben who told everyone that you don't have to get bit to become a walker.

Ah, nevermind on the ammo thing then. I thought I heard somewhere that you could technically save the bullets so I almost thought I was onto something there.

And I was thinking of after episode 4. Personally, I kind of like the way he went. Him not getting the chance to prove himself, but he definitely showed the resolution to, and didn't have another big screw up. (if anyone counts falling off the balcony after kennys weight made it come loose as a screwup...that's just mean)

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that both sides can still feel that their philosophy on dropping/saving him is valid.

• If you don't hate Ben you have severe psychological problems.

And yes, I know he's not a bad person.

• @Chrizza said: If you don't hate Ben you have severe psychological problems.

If you hate Ben you have severe psychological problems.

• those 2 bullets, I will have to do some experimenting myself.

• I did not fire any of my bullets in the scene before we entered the attic. When I dropped my gun I felt stupid for not helping kill the zombies. Then Ben picked it up and gave it back to me with all the ammunition left in it.

Later Kenny asked me for if I had more bullets left, I gave him my gun and he fired two bullets. One definitely into Ben, and one I assume into himself.

Unless I spaced out during these scenes then I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

So Ben grabbing my gun, was a valuable act indeed...

• Ben also "killed" Larry...

Kenny - "Remember what Ben said, gotta destroy the brain...

• @xXNinjaScoreXx said: Ben also "killed" Larry...

Kenny - "Remember what Ben said, gotta destroy the brain...

Good point.

Ben is by far the most dangerous person in this game.

• @Chrizza said: Good point.

Ben is by far the most dangerous person in this game.

Really? So say he didn't tell anyone about turning without being bitten. Would you rather have Larry becoming a walker in that room with Clem, Lee, Kenny and Lilly? The way I see it, he saved everyone in that room by saying that, even if in the end I tried to help Lilly anyways.

• @Viser said: Really? So say he didn't tell anyone about turning without being bitten. Would you rather have Larry becoming a walker in that room with Clem, Lee, Kenny and Lilly? The way I see it, he saved everyone in that room by saying that, even if in the end I tried to help Lilly anyways.

Oh, no, I agree with putting Larry down. I just think it's funny Ben can be linked to yet another death.

Add Comment