User Avatar Image

Theory on Lee's Fate/Cure

posted by Doctanian on - last edited - Viewed by 956 users

Lee's death is ambiguous. If you take certain actions it can end up this way.

[LIST=1]
[*]You can cut his arm off.
[*]You can handcuff the guard and not Lee.
[*]You have have Clem leave you, and even then she might not have shot you. Even IGN's Greg Miller speculated this.
[*]When she leaves you, Lee slumps over on the radiator. Is he dead or has he just went unconscious again? I'm thinking the latter
[*]Bites are deadly because of bacterial infections and blood loss. What fights bacterial infections? Antibiotics. Where were antibiotics located? Crawford. Who's from Crawford? Molly. Who's still in Savannah to the best of our knowledge? Molly.
[/LIST]

So I'm thinking the cure is a certain type of antibiotic. I mean, why not have the cure in the Walking Dead be painfully obvious? Just like the fact that you turn no matter how you die.

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm gonna sit down and assume the worst my friends.

  • This was a decent interactive comic, and a lot of its success or failure was going to come down to the ending. TTG simply blew it, there. Lee's fate is as a walker, chained to a radiator until his wrist rots off, haunting Clem's dreams until the day she dies.

    The ending was a hopeless bungle. Lee's great sacrifice is no sacrifice at all. First, it's unimaginable that Clem, if she even survives the city (and recall that Lee forgot to, you know, actually tell her how to find Omid and Christa--oops!), won't be forever haunted by the image of zombie Lee chained to a radiator in a windowless room for all eternity. The big deal he makes, that she shouldn't shoot him, is horribly, horribly misguided. Putting down someone before they turn is extremely cathartic. It was a point of honor and pride and closure for Carl to put down Lori in the tv series. In the game it completely spoils the whole ending. Clem doesn't get that closure.

  • @Mornai said: Considering a member of Telltale said Lee is dead, i think it's safe to assume that Lee is dead.

    Well, there you have it folks.

    Time to give him a proper burial. :p

    If a dev says it, that's pretty much final.

  • Bringing Lee back would ruin the legacy a bit, i dont think TTG will bring him back.

  • @DreadMagus said: Well, there you have it folks.

    Time to give him a proper burial. :p

    If a dev says it, that's pretty much final.


    What if he said 'No, he is alive'?
    That would basically mean that his 'death scene' was pointless as shit other than to leave in suspense.
    I still think that blue vase that fell on his head is somehow related to his 'unconsciousness' or it somehow has affected the zombification process!
    You really have to think outside the box as these developers are CRAZY with their ideas.

  • @JackSchirmer said: This was a decent interactive comic, and a lot of its success or failure was going to come down to the ending. TTG simply blew it, there. Lee's fate is as a walker, chained to a radiator until his wrist rots off, haunting Clem's dreams until the day she dies.

    The ending was a hopeless bungle. Lee's great sacrifice is no sacrifice at all. First, it's unimaginable that Clem, if she even survives the city (and recall that Lee forgot to, you know, actually tell her how to find Omid and Christa--oops!), won't be forever haunted by the image of zombie Lee chained to a radiator in a windowless room for all eternity. The big deal he makes, that she shouldn't shoot him, is horribly, horribly misguided. Putting down someone before they turn is extremely cathartic. It was a point of honor and pride and closure for Carl to put down Lori in the tv series. In the game it completely spoils the whole ending. Clem doesn't get that closure.

    So you are saying the ending you choose wasn't one you are happy with. Not that TTG themselves screwed up because, frankly, you can ask Clem to shoot you and she does.

    So really, what is your actual gripe with the ending here?

  • @Muni said: What if he said 'No, he is alive'?
    That would basically mean that his 'death scene' was pointless as shit other than to leave in suspense.
    I still think that blue vase that fell on his head is somehow related to his 'unconsciousness' or it somehow has affected the zombification process!
    You really have to think outside the box as these developers are CRAZY with their ideas.

    good point. it'd totally ruin the ambiguity of his death if they flat out said he was alive. Could just be a clever troll on the dev's part, especially with season 2 still in early production stages


    idk who to believe D:

  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

    Besides: Kirkman would never, ever let Telltale render even the slightest whiff of a cure in their game.

    The group had plenty of antibiotics at their disposal by episode 2. Katjaa probably used it specifically with the idea to fight 'zombie infection', and her patients turned nonetheless.

  • @BlackPaladin said: Right....
    I'm sure antibiotics helped a ton pre-society collapse when everyone who got sick were in hospitals and yet still turned. Derp.

    I don't mean the cure cure.

Add Comment