User Avatar Image

Ben didnt really prove himself in the end.

posted by DarcKage on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

Which is a damn shame.

Yeah, he finally stood up to Kenny and told him what's up, which was good. But he was still a liability in the end. I really feel sorry for the poor kid, he couldnt do anything right and died a horrible death.

- got several people killed.
- Got bitched at all the time and treated like a kid.
- Never got to see his family.
- Had to live for a while with the guilt of indirectly killing Katjaa/Duck.
- Died in an alleyway surrounded by walkers with no one but the guy who hated his guts all this time by his side.
- Probably never got laid.

Such a sad story. :(

73 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Pre-Episode 5 Ben supporters "Ben's gonna redeem himself, all you Ben haters will see."

Instead, ben falls to his death, which causes Kenny to get killed. And thus saving absouley no one. And in my playthrough, he lost the boat to Vernon. So he was a useless character from the start, his antics in Episode 3 moved the plot along, but not in a good direction.

Post-Episode 5 Ben supporters "It's not about redemption, he apologized and was forgiven by Kenny, that's enough."

Sure, whatever.

• Actually, I never saved Ben hoping he would do something for me. I just wasn't going to let someone fall to their death, when I could pull them up.

To me, Kenny risking his life for Ben meant more than him risking his life for Christa. It would be easier for him to go to the aid of a pregnant woman he had no problems with. So that was more of a bonus to me.

• @Viser said: Really? So say he didn't tell anyone about turning without being bitten. Would you rather have Larry becoming a walker in that room with Clem, Lee, Kenny and Lilly? The way I see it, he saved everyone in that room by saying that, even if in the end I tried to help Lilly anyways.

That's a real stretch. If you do CPR fast enough, Larry comes back. I think the creators confirmed this. On top of that, heart attacks can take a while to kill depending on the person.

And even if Larry did came back, you don't think the Trio of Badasses (Lee, Lilly, and Kenny) could handle him?

• @Doctanian said: That's a real stretch. If you do CPR fast enough, Larry comes back. I think the creators confirmed this. On top of that, heart attacks can take a while to kill depending on the person.

And even if Larry did came back, you don't think the Trio of Badasses (Lee, Lilly, and Kenny) could handle him?

His mouth just moves. TT never confirmed or denied Larry being alive, so we'll never know and it's up to each player to decide if he could be saved or not. And no they couldn't handle him! They might be badasses, but Lilly wouldn't help put down her zombified father, while Lee and Kenny don't even have any weapons. IF Larry was about to come back, Kenny saved everyone.

• I wonder what would've happened if they didn't rescue Ben. Would everyone survive and be way better off or would they be killed by the bandits?

@Doctanian said: That's a real stretch. If you do CPR fast enough, Larry comes back. I think the creators confirmed this. On top of that, heart attacks can take a while to kill depending on the person.

Yep,I think they confirmed it and you can clearly see him breathe just before Kenny kills him off.

• @Rock114 said: His mouth just moves. TT never confirmed or denied Larry being alive, so we'll never know and it's up to each player to decide if he could be saved or not. And no they couldn't handle him! They might be badasses, but Lilly wouldn't help put down her zombified father, while Lee and Kenny don't even have any weapons. IF Larry was about to come back, Kenny saved everyone.

Pretty sure they confirmed it, dude. Kenny didn't save anyone.

• @ruairi46 said: Secretly ben was a seriel killer getting kicks out of watching friends die. He pushed his coach on the bear trap..

the untold story.

• To me it was realistic that he never got the chance to redeem himself, it's the Walking Dead. Ben is a screw up and he died like one it was a fitting ending to him although he redeemed himself with Kenny and the loss of his family. In my eyes he never redeemed himself for Carley/Doug's death. Other than that he redeemed himself

• @Chrizza said: Oh, no, I agree with putting Larry down. I just think it's funny Ben can be linked to yet another death.

You can link everyone to every death, that's the problem with the whole "Ben killed everyone" line of thinking.

Take Lee for example, from the very beginning would the cop have crashed into that walker and died if Lee hadn't killed the senator and needed to be driven to the prison? and as a result would any of what happened afterwards have happened without Lee there to influence things?

@Chrizza said: Pretty sure they confirmed it, dude. Kenny didn't save anyone.

They only confirmed that Larry moved, not that he was alive or had turned.

• @Chrizza said: Oh, no, I agree with putting Larry down. I just think it's funny Ben can be linked to yet another death.

No, I meant that if Ben hadn't told them about turning no matter how you die, Larry would've turned without them expecting it to happen. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have been able to handle a guy his size without at least expecting him to turn.

And no, It wasn't confirmed that Larry is alive. They meant for that scene to be ambiguous, it would be pretty weird if they said "yup, Larry was alive.", and if you are indeed quick enough you'll realize his mouth moves but that's it, he doesn't open his eyes or anything.

Add Comment