User Avatar Image

Sexuality

posted by DAISHI on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

So homosexual marriage finally seems like it's getting approval from the American public, to which I say Kudos! I'm firmly attracted to the female form myself, but I'd never want to keep someone from marrying someone else.

290 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I maintain that having sex before marriage (or at least engagement for marriage) is a mistake.

Our society treats sex way too flippantly, like it's no big deal, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

• @Chyron8472 said: I maintain that having sex before marriage (or at least engagement for marriage) is a mistake.

I maintain that not having it before marriage is a mistake. :p

As for the whole marriage/civil union thing, when has "separate but equal" ever been a good idea?

...ok, men and women's bathrooms, but that's the only one!

• Sex before marriage has its benifits, as the wedding night wouldn't be as awkward or whatever, there was a good reason for it, though.

• I know a married couple. On the 3rd date, the woman jumped the guy in the car, and it was hot, crazy sex till they got married. Within a few months, she had pretty much cut him off. She said it wasn't fun anymore, cause it wasn't "naughty".
    I know another married couple. Deeply religious, waited until their wedding night for sex. Had sex every day the whole first year, and 5 years later they still go at it like bunnies.
    So you can't always tell what married life will be like, no matter your choices beforehand.

• @looby said: I never understood why people think no sex before marriage is a good idea.

First, because sex changes the dynamics of a relationship in drastic ways that are largely unforeseen; and second, because sex in such relationships is relatively unfulfilling when there is no emotional security that the other person won't leave you. The feeling of closeness to the other person afterward is missing when there is no committment.

Waiting until marriage makes things feel much more special when they actually do happen (not just sex, but also moving in together), and gives you the opportunity to explore what your relationship means to each other without worrying about not having any more sex when you break up (or in the case of moving in together, feeling trapped when you want to break up but can't because you'd have to move.)

As far as I see it, sexual compatibility doesn't apply when you have no experience. If you have sex with your spouse, then you learn together and teach each other. Beforehand, compatibility doesn't apply. People don't divorce because of too infrequent sex. They divorce because they're unhappy. Granted, some people have different primary love languages than others do (the 5 love languages being words of affirmations, acts of service, receiving gifts, quality time and physical touch), but learning what your spouse's love language is and fulfilling that for them is part of making each other happy.

I dare someone, anyone, to truthfully tell me that they waited and that it turned out to be a bad idea. On the other hand, I personally know people who did not wait who, from what I gather, probably wish they had.

• @dustpuffs said: She said it wasn't fun anymore, cause it wasn't "naughty".

There are ways to fix that....

• Oh shit, now you've given me a visual of that old bitch in a dominatrix outfit. Gonna need to bleach my brain now :(

• @Chyron8472 said: when there is no emotional security that the other person won't leave you.

What security? You can't possibly mean the 50/50 coin toss that comes with marriage in the US?

• oh wow everybody is different and different life choices work for different people

wow!!

• @Chyron8472 said: because sex in such relationships is relatively unfulfilling when there is no emotional security that the other person won't leave you.

If you wana make sure they stay all you need is hand cuffs and a basement.

Add Comment