User Avatar Image

Carley was a bitch

posted by Doctanian on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Now that I think about it.

I mean, she provoked the fuck out of Lilly. Yes, she was defending Ben and Lilly was going crazy, but if she had just shut the fuck up, Lee probably could've defused the situation (if you're defending Ben). Lee's been able to keep the peace (for the most part) between Kenny and Lilly, so at that critical moment, it was probably best for her to stay out of it. She knew Lilly lost her dad, she knew Lilly was the one holding the group together and therefore took all the pressures. If it wasn't for Lilly sniping, everyone would've been executed at the motel by the bandits.

#TeamLilly

Fuck Carley, God I miss Lilly.

148 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Zeruis said: I wouldn't call Carley a bitch. I would call her "not the smartest person around". She was obviously threatening a mentally unstable woman at the worst time possible. She was just stupid that she thought that she could diffuse the situation by calling a Lilly a bitch. Dumb move. Carley was one of my favorite characters, though. Her last words were to stand up for Lee.

one of the smartest things I've seen in the forums

• @plaqueconspiracy said: Murder someone because they called you a scared little bitch? What kind of a scared little bitch do you have to be to do that?

the kind of scared little bitch who can't take ONE FUCKING STUPID INSULT
    one insult and Lilly lost it, i was like WTF

• @TheNNerdGamer said: Lilly would have killed Ben if Carley would've shut up

result: you never would've known who was giving supplies to the bandits

That probably would've been best for Kenny's sake.

• @Doctanian said: If it wasn't for Lilly sniping, everyone would've been executed at the motel by the bandits.

To be fair, I think she is the ultimate reason why the bandits attack. Aside from being too stubborn to leave the Travelier Motel, there's a good chance she's the reason why Ben didn't tell anyone about what he did. She was always screaming at someone, over exaggerating at everything (no offense), and Ben admitted to being scared of her. This is all speculation, but if Lilly wasn't so... frightening, maybe Ben would not have been so afraid to tell everyone his secret?

She did a good job defending the motor inn during the raid but you have to admit Carley did pretty good herself. Headshotting two bandits and then killing multiple zombies. She also didn't have the luxury of being inside a room when the bandits attacked. Regardless, Lilly was really badass during the raid. Sneaking out back and then silently sniping the bandit leader like a boss.

Also no one was going to be executed by the bandits, Lee diffused the situation remember?

"Well, I suppose we got to hash out some terms then."

• @darknessofheart said: There is no difference and that's my point. I'm not defending Kenny over his decision to kill Larry or any of Lee's possible decisions. I will say that I saw more rational behind those decisions, but I am not defending any of the similar actions. Lilly shoots Ben and everyone wins? No, because there was absolutely no evidence that Ben did anything wrong at that point and does not alter the fact that Lilly murdered someone based off a nagging feeling.

Many fans themselves thought Ben had nothing to do with it and wouldn't even know of Ben's actions had he not told Lee directly. The group would still see Lilly as an unstable person who killed without a clear reason and needed to be taken care of just like she was when she shot Doug or Carly.

I think it was easy to tell Ben did it without his confession. I defended him, but I had a hunch it was him. Think about it.

[LIST=1]
    [*]He gets nervous and defensive if you question him on the flashlight. He also breaks down under Lilly's interrogation, not enough to confess, but he's pretty broken.
    [*]Clementine's pink chalk was taken. Ben has a close relationship with Clementine
    [*]Ben's clumsy. Explaining the broken flashlight.
    [*]Lilly didn't make the deal, she was the one who brought it up.
    [*]Kenny wanted to leave, so it would've been useless for him to make a deal with bandits.
    [*]Katjaa isn't
    [*]Lee obviously didn't do it. We're Lee, lol. Lilly even says we didn't do it.
    [*]Carley or Doug didn't do it considering their loyalty to your for saving them Especially Carley. Lilly really doesn't blame Doug.
    [/LIST]

• @Doctanian said: That probably would've been best for Kenny's sake.

wasn't that the whole point Lilly started the fight...to find who made the deal with them

• @Doctanian said: You make some good points. Lilly was going to kill someone, but she would've shot Ben. If Carley would've just shut up, everyone would've won, including Carley fans.

Kenny killed Larry. Lee can kill Ben. What's the difference?

So Carley should've just sat there and let Lily kill Ben? What kind of bitch move is that? Anyway, if that would've happened I bet Carley (or anyone else) would've shot Lily or at least left her there with Ben

• @CarScar said: To be fair, I think she is the ultimate reason why the bandits attack. Aside from being too stubborn to leave the Travelier Motel, there's a good chance she's the reason why Ben didn't tell anyone about what he did. She was always screaming at someone, over exaggerating at everything (no offense), and Ben admitted to being scared of her. This is all speculation, but if Lilly wasn't so... frightening, maybe Ben would not have been so afraid to tell everyone his secret?

She did a good job defending the motor inn during the raid but you have to admit Carley did pretty good herself. Headshotting two bandits and then killing multiple zombies. She also didn't have the luxury of being inside a room when the bandits attacked.

Also no one was going to be executed by the bandits, Lee diffused the situation remember?

"Well, I suppose we got to hash out some terms then."

Regardless, Lilly was really badass during the raid. Sneaking out back and then silently sniping the bandit leader like a boss.

Lilly did want to stay, but even if they all wanted to leave, they couldn't. The RV, remember? Kenny was working on it between Episodes 1 and 3. So they latest they could've left was Episode 3.

Ah, I forgot that. I remember defusing it myself in my first playthrough. But I have to go back to the St. John example, they attack regardless of a deal. So they couldn't be trusted.

• @Doctanian said: I think it was easy to tell Ben did it without his confession. I defended him, but I had a hunch it was him. Think about it.

[LIST=1]
    [*]He gets nervous and defensive if you question him on the flashlight. He also breaks down under Lilly's interrogation, not enough to confess, but he's pretty broken.
    [*]Clementine's pink chalk was taken. Ben has a close relationship with Clementine
    [*]Kenny wanted to leave, so it would've been useless for him to make a deal with bandits.
    [*]Katjaa isn't
    [*]Carley or Doug didn't do it considering their loyalty to your for saving them Especially Carley. Lilly really doesn't blame Doug.
    [/LIST]

I think the biggest clue was his immediate response following the raid:

"... I'm sorry."

I bet you Carley thought it was Ben too, I mean who else would she have thought it was? No way she would think it was Lee, Kenny is in the clear because he had his family with him, and Lilly was the one who instigated the search. Ben is the only one. Carley also never said it wasn't him when she was defending him, she only said you shouldn't treat him so horribly and that she should stop torturing him and all of that. It's likely everyone thought Ben was the most likely candidate.
    @Doctanian said: Lilly did want to stay, but even if they all wanted to leave, they couldn't. The RV, remember? Kenny was working on it between Episodes 1 and 3. So they latest they could've left was Episode 3.

Ah, I forgot that. I remember defusing it myself in my first playthrough. But I have to go back to the St. John example, they attack regardless of a deal. So they couldn't be trusted.
    Good point. I would have probably left right after I got the RV working though, perhaps they were lulled into a false sense of security because the bandits didn't attack for a while thanks to the deals?

They definitely would have attacked again in the future, I don't think they would have attacked right away though, not after Lee's superb convincing skills ("if you kill us right here how are you all going to get supplies? You need us!"). It would have made them safe for the time being at least, just wait for them to leave then get on that RV and gtfo of there.

• @Doctanian said: I think it was easy to tell Ben did it without his confession. I defended him, but I had a hunch it was him. Think about it.

[LIST=1]
    [*]Katjaa isn't
    [/LIST]

Most of those reasons were only known to us and Lee however, and were not known in Lilly's perspective. Lilly even blames Lee in some playthroughs, implicating that Carley and him did it together and even threatens Lee that she will just assume it was him if he doesn't turn up anything (she lost it big time).

She literally went from one person to the next to see who would crack first and if they didn't crack or someone offended her, someone ends up dead. Killing someone based off circumstantial evidence is not exactly a good call and even if everyone knew Ben did it, we shouldn't just shoot him in the head to call it even.

I gave Lilly the benefit of the doubt when she killed Carley and she ends up stealing the RV and leaving the entire group and two children to potentially rot in the wilderness. She was clearly looking out for herself in the third episode and killed not to protect the group or help others, but to vent out her anger and frustration or because Carley gave her a crude statement.

This whole thread was to point out that had Carley not said anything, everything would've been fine, but I think it's pretty clear nothing was going to go right with Lilly wound up the way she was. Either way, someone dies and Lilly either screws everyone further by stealing the only viable source of transportation at that point (as no one was sure if the train could work) or she is left behind and we get to keep that secondary option.

Add Comment