User Avatar Image

Carley was a bitch

posted by Doctanian on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

Now that I think about it.

I mean, she provoked the fuck out of Lilly. Yes, she was defending Ben and Lilly was going crazy, but if she had just shut the fuck up, Lee probably could've defused the situation (if you're defending Ben). Lee's been able to keep the peace (for the most part) between Kenny and Lilly, so at that critical moment, it was probably best for her to stay out of it. She knew Lilly lost her dad, she knew Lilly was the one holding the group together and therefore took all the pressures. If it wasn't for Lilly sniping, everyone would've been executed at the motel by the bandits.

#TeamLilly

Fuck Carley, God I miss Lilly.

148 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @TheNNerdGamer said: wasn't that the whole point Lilly started the fight...to find who made the deal with them

Yeah, but because if Lilly would've killed Ben, we never would've known for sure if it was him. We didn't know for sure until Ben told us. Kenny was struggling, but remember how happy and hopeful he was when Clementine found the boat? That scene was so beautiful by the way.

All of that was crushed when Ben confessed. He went right back into depressed mode.

• @CarScar said: I think the biggest clue was his immediate response following the raid:

"... I'm sorry."

I bet you Carley thought it was Ben too, I mean who else would she have thought it was? No way she would think it was Lee, Kenny is in the clear because he had his family with him, and Lilly was the one who instigated the search. Ben is the only one. Carley also never said it wasn't him when she was defending him, she only said you shouldn't treat him so horribly and that she should stop torturing him and all of that. It's likely everyone thought Ben was the most likely candidate.

Good point. I would have probably left right after I got the RV working though, perhaps they were lulled into a false sense of security because the bandits didn't attack for a while thanks to the deals?

They definitely would have attacked again in the future, I don't think they would have attacked right away though, not after Lee's superb convincing skills ("if you kill us right here how are you all going to get supplies? You need us!"). It would have made them safe for the time being at least, just wait for them to leave then get on that RV and gtfo of there.

Never thought of that. Extremely likely. Maybe Carley just defended Ben because she thought he was only a kid.

Exactly. I'm sure that's how even the bandits got in. Everyone was on their guard when the bandits were attacking them. Lilly was lookout in Episode 2 and Ben's on lookout in Episode 3. On top of that, Mark and Larry were making the fence even stronger.

That's actually an excellent point. The bandits did need Lee and the group, because they were the ones going back into Macon and raiding local shops for supplies.

• Carley was awesome and took no shit.

Lilly was awesome until she came down with the batshit crazy after he dad died.

#TeamCarley
    #TeamLilly

• So Carley was a bitch for standing up for herself and some poor, scared kid she thought was innocent? If anyone's a bitch it's Lilly for pulling the gun in the first place. There was no reason to kill anyone in that scene. No evidence. Just a guess by a crazy woman and a loaded gun. I tried to support Lilly after Episode 2 because I felt like shit for helping Kenny in the meat locker, and I truly feel bad for Lilly as well. Nobody deserved to lose their family like that. I'm not saying Kenny and Lee were completely right in my playthrough when they killed Larry, but they at least had a good reason. They might have murdered Larry, they may have prevented a corpse from coming back. But Lilly definately killed Carley in cold blood just for talking back. There is nothing right about that.

• I really liked Carley as well, but she was kind of asking for it at the end. She got caught up in Lilly playing whodunit and wanted to tell her off about harassing herself and Ben, but forgot that:

A) Lilly had just lost her father and was mentally unstable at this point,

and

B) She was armed.

Wouldn't call her that word, I think she was far from it. She was very sweet, and had she and Lee lived they might have made a good couple/surrogate parents for Clem. She just got a little too bold with Lilly and paid the price.

• @CharmingBirch said: I really liked Carley as well, but she was kind of asking for it at the end. She got caught up in Lilly playing whodunit and wanted to tell her off about harassing herself and Ben, but forgot that:

A) Lilly had just lost her father and was mentally unstable at this point,

and

B) She was armed.

Wouldn't call her that word, I think she was far from it. She was very sweet, and had she and Lee lived they might have made a good couple/surrogate parents for Clem. She just got a little too bold with Lilly and paid the price.

I don't think Carley would think Lilly would take it that far though, I don't think anyone did... Carley and Lilly were in the group together longer then even Lee and Kenny, there had to be some trust there... too bad it wasn't a two way street with Lilly.

• @plaqueconspiracy said: If you think about it... It's all the cop's fault. If he had payed any fucking attention to the road they wouldn't have crashed and Lee would've never ended up in the drug store with Carley and Lily.

#FUCKTHEPOPO

And then Lee would end up in the comics as a character from the Prison chapters while Clem starves to death or ends up in the hands of walkers. Yay!!!

• I don't think Carley would think Lilly would take it that far though, I don't think anyone did... Carley and Lilly were in the group together longer then even Lee and Kenny, there had to be some trust there... too bad it wasn't a two way street with Lilly.

True, but I don't think it mattered to Lilly at that point. She didn't trust anyone (with the exception of Lee if you had him aid Lilly in giving Larry CPR) and felt she had nothing to lose. She even said so.

Had Carley been the one to pull the walker from under the RV and it was Kenny giving her a piece of his mind, I strongly believe she would have killed him. Maybe more so, after what happened with Larry.

If Ben had a backbone that early on and said something similar to what Carley said, it would have been him.

• This thread is so funny.

Now let's start.
    1. Why would Carley think Ben is innocent? Lee says there is a traitor -> Carley believes Lee -> it obviously isn't Lilly since she told Lee -> It has to be Kenny, Katjaa or Ben. Kenny and Katjaa is a highly unlikely choice since they have a kid and they would know better than to deal with bandits. Plus Kenny is hotheaded and it wouldn't fit his personality. Katjaa is also too passive for such a thing.
    Now again, why Carley would think that Ben (the newest guy, who isn't exactly bright) is innocent? Oh I forgot, she isn't very smart and logic is definitely not her strongest side *cough* batteries *cough*.
    2. Lee says there is a traitor in the group who "puts his insidious shit above everybody else" and she decides it is the perfect time to speak back? For 3 episodes she's been avoiding any kind of tough decisions and discussions but 1 week after Larry's murder she decides to talk back. I mean, c'mon.
    3. I got to admit I thought it was Carley. I assumed her stupidity is just a clever act to deceive us. Point taken. Never underestimate stupidity.

Now, people like to attack Lilly for all sorts of things. That's funny, really, given the fact that she snaps right after your favourite Kenny kills her father.
    But of course it is okay for him to drink and grieve in ep.4, I mean he lost his family...we should be sympathetic.
    Ben would've probably confessed hadn't Kenny turn the group into a Crawford one in ep.2. Yeah, Ben was afraid of Lilly, that's because he didn't know what Kenny did. Nobody did.

Lilly was sitting in her room? How dare she.... It's not like in ep. 2 Kenny didn't sit on the couch while Lilly was on guard, Lee was distributing food and Mark (who just came back from hunting) was fixing the fence with Larry. Of course not, I guess that's so different.
    It is not also that Lilly saves the group and is the only one to react to the bandit attack. Nah, I'm so happy that Kenny (who was again sitting on his couch) was the one to save your asses.

To conclude I will quote Lilly from ep. 2 "Gambling with your family's lives is pretty dumb if you ask me."
    You wanted to leave the motor inn? That horrible Lilly didn't let you?
    Oh, yes, Savannah was so AWESOME. It's not like almost everybody died or anything...
    I guess THE BOAT was worth the risk.

Even back in ep. 2 I was convinced that boat plan is the worst plan I've ever heard. I'm really surprised anyone in their right mind expected that boats would be waiting for them...

Add Comment