User Avatar Image

Who's death was the most noble/brave?

posted by HiggsBoson2142 on - last edited - Viewed by 892 users

Your answer?

I can't really decide on this, but it's got to be one of my buddies. Kenny, Ben, or Doug. Kenny of course died (for me) in an alleyway saving the one person in the world he used to hate the most. Ben. And I thank him (Except for the dying part) for putting the kid out of his misery, and also restoring his humanity.

Then there's Ben, and this isn't exactly a death though. I saved Ben of course, but when he was dangling there, and telling me to go on and drop him so he could save the others some time, I knew that he thought the only way he could help was sacrifice. I agree with him on most things, but not on this. But I honor him for his bravery.

Doug was a funny character who thought he couldn't do anything without a couple batteries and spare parts. I guess he became a good friend of Ben on that walk back to the Motor Inn in Episode 2, because he saved Ben's life. The thing is, he pushed him out of the way, not pulled, so he got hit by the bullet. I would vote for Doug, but then again he died by accident, even though he did a brave thing.

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Kenny, but Doug is really close. And I'll be honest, Kenny's death moved me a lot more with the history between him and Ben.

I guess in order, it'd be
    -Kenny, Ben saved in episode 4
    -Doug, episode 3
    -Kenny, Ben dropped in episode 4

• To be fair Doug didn't intend to take the bullet for Ben, he only tried to pull Ben out of the way.

• most noble death was Christa and Omid. They died trying to look for Clementine.

• @george1120 said: most noble death was Christa and Omid. They died trying to look for Clementine.

how do you know?
    that hasn't been confirmed

• @Yertos said: To be fair Doug didn't intend to take the bullet for Ben, he only tried to pull Ben out of the way.

Uh huh, that's why I wrote this.

he pushed him out of the way, not pulled, so he got hit by the bullet. I would vote for Doug, but then again he died by accident

• Doug was a brave man. I'll miss my nerd buddy:'(

• Doug's death was pretty heroic, but the kicker is he had no idea he'd get killed. That's not to diminish his sacrifice, because I'm sure he would be ok with it so long as Ben survived, but both Ben and Kenny knew exactly what was going to happen to them duirng their moments. So I'd have to say...

1. Kenny, if Ben is alive in Episode 5
    2. Ben, if dropped in Episode 4
    3. Kenny, if Ben was dropped in Episode 4
    4. Doug in Episode 3

Not to say the first three are way ahead of Doug's sacrifice, but in 1 and 3, Kenny knew exactly what he was doing when he saved Christa/tried to save Ben, and knew that he would probably die painfully doing something right in both scenarios. Especially in 1, when he's willing to go through that for the person he hated most. In 2, Ben knew how much pain he had caused and was willing to be left behind and torn apart by walkers so everyone could get away. Doug saw the gun, and it seemed like he just reacted, but he saved Ben's life and at least got a quick and painless ending.

• @Rock114 said: Doug's death was pretty heroic, but the kicker is he had no idea he'd get killed. That's not to diminish his sacrifice, because I'm sure he would be ok with it so long as Ben survived, but both Ben and Kenny knew exactly what was going to happen to them duirng their moments. So I'd have to say...

1. Kenny, if Ben is alive in Episode 5
    2. Ben, if dropped in Episode 4
    3. Kenny, if Ben was dropped in Episode 4
    4. Doug in Episode 3

Not to say the first three are way ahead of Doug's sacrifice, but in 1 and 3, Kenny knew exactly what he was doing when he saved Christa/tried to save Ben, and knew that he would probably die painfully doing something right in both scenarios. Especially in 1, when he's willing to go through that for the person he hated most. In 2, Ben knew how much pain he had caused and was willing to be left behind and torn apart by walkers so everyone could get away. Doug saw the gun, and it seemed like he just reacted, but he saved Ben's life and at least got a quick and painless ending.

But ben still screams "LEE LEE" If you drop him

• @zeke10 said: But ben still screams "LEE LEE" If you drop him

I assumed TellTale just reused the screaming from when he got grabbed by Oberson (the belltower walker) to make it seem painful. Ben made the decision to be left behind in my game, and thought about others before himself. I even told Clem as much when she asked me about him, and called Kenny an asshole when he was proud of me for letting Ben die.

Add Comment