User Avatar Image

Who's death was the most noble/brave?

posted by HiggsBoson2142 on - last edited - Viewed by 830 users

Your answer?

I can't really decide on this, but it's got to be one of my buddies. Kenny, Ben, or Doug. Kenny of course died (for me) in an alleyway saving the one person in the world he used to hate the most. Ben. And I thank him (Except for the dying part) for putting the kid out of his misery, and also restoring his humanity.

Then there's Ben, and this isn't exactly a death though. I saved Ben of course, but when he was dangling there, and telling me to go on and drop him so he could save the others some time, I knew that he thought the only way he could help was sacrifice. I agree with him on most things, but not on this. But I honor him for his bravery.

Doug was a funny character who thought he couldn't do anything without a couple batteries and spare parts. I guess he became a good friend of Ben on that walk back to the Motor Inn in Episode 2, because he saved Ben's life. The thing is, he pushed him out of the way, not pulled, so he got hit by the bullet. I would vote for Doug, but then again he died by accident, even though he did a brave thing.

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Larry. No one else could take a salt lick to the face in such a charming way.

But in all seriousness, I'd say Doug's was more selfless and noble imo, but kenny's was braver.

• @zeke10 said: But ben still screams "LEE LEE" If you drop him

It was established in episode 5 that Ben's greatest fear is turning into a walker (or at least that is what is implied). He probably thought the fall would smash his head in / he'd die instantly, unfortunately that was not the case. It's likely that after he realized the fall did not kill him that he wanted Lee to just shoot him.

• Most heroic goes to Chuck for saving Clem and giving the group time to escape on the streets. He was separated from the group, and that got him killed.

Kenny (with Ben alive) chose suicide by walkers. Both Kenny and Ben (dropping him in episode 4) just wanted to die, nothing heroic about it. They needed someone to smack them across the jaw to stop their stupid speeches and meaningless deaths, and haul them out of there.

Kenny's death to save Christa is heroic, maybe more than Chuck's, since everyone could tell that was a one way trip.

• @IndigoHawk said: Most heroic goes to Chuck for saving Clem and giving the group time to escape on the streets. He was separated from the group, and that got him killed.

Kenny (with Ben alive) chose suicide by walkers. Both Kenny and Ben (dropping him in episode 4) just wanted to die, nothing heroic about it. They needed someone to smack them across the jaw to stop their stupid speeches and meaningless deaths, and haul them out of there.

Kenny's death to save Christa is heroic, maybe more than Chuck's, since everyone could tell that was a one way trip.

Agree with everything except the last sentence. Chuck was indeed heroic because he didn't have to do it, but he did it and pretty much saved everybody, by making them leave him.
    He was indeed a hero hobo.

Kenny's suicide (with Ben) is more pathetic than heroic. Especially after the speech he gave.

Now I would argue that Kenny's death with Christa is heroic. It's more of a "I'm fixin' what I just did" death which is okay.
    It's because of him Lee dropped the walkie and he needed it.
    If somebody was heroic in that scene, it was Christa, because she just went down, not asking questions or anything (when in fact it was Kenny's fault). Kenny saving her is just fixing his mistake (for the first time), nothing heroic about it in my opinion.

• Lilly never fixed any mistakes... she was just insisting till the end...

Why not give Kenny what he deserves (in a positive way) at least for once? ;)

• Wait, what does Lilly have to do with Kenny's death?

8Bit_System, well I would've if I saw anything positive in his death :)

• 1. Kenny/Ben death
    If you dropped Ben, Kenny's death would be lot less emotional. Thats what you get for dropping him, Ben-Haters
    2. Chuck's death
    3. Doug E3 Death

Add Comment