User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 200.5K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @coolsome said: TWD season 2 should be The Walken Dead!

tumblr_ltck1zlioY1qcg3kzo1_400.jpg

Sad thing is, I'd buy that

• I wonder if dogs can look up.

• @Rather Dashing said: It's not a bad idea.

My fear is more about what happens after this. No way companies won't just let this slide if it works.

• @Gman5852 said: My fear is more about what happens after this. No way companies won't just let this slide if it works.

It works for a party game. Timed rental payment for a game that you might want to play for all of maybe four hours isn't a bad call. It's not like the current system doesn't have its exploitation, with cheap rushed garbage getting the $60 price point slapped on it because "that's what games sell for".

I welcome diversification in video game monetization, and in this case the design and monetization strategy aren't really in conflict.

• I see what you did thar!

• I actually played a game! Been long enough.

• I just spent an hour in my room coming up with a Video Game idea, and I think I got a pretty nice one. (Well... one thats realistic by my standards)

Its basically a sonic-esque platformer where you play as a wimpy nerdy kid who's suddenly given super powers by a dying super hero (Totally ahem *inspired* by Z.H.P) , and must suddenly save the city from a lizard army lead by a giant lizard that is totally not Godzilla (He has shades on afterall!).
    Oh and did I mention those *super* powers include the ability to run slightly fast, have an extra jump, (whats so super about that these days eh? -_-), and fire lasers out of his... NOSTRILS!?

Ok. So there is a gimmick to it too. A "Her-O-Meter", that fills up when you play well. When its full it turns you into a true Hero for a short period of time. (So the focus is on getting it full and keeping the momentum).
    But, should you get hit while in true hero mode, it depletes the bar quite a bit, and if you run out, you INSTANTLY turn back into a nerd. And if you get hit in your regular form, you die.
    So I guess its kinda old school.

... Yeah. Its not a brilliant idea, but I can see potential in it, as a goofy little game. I'd have to actually make it though, which I don't have a good track record of doing.

Its on the maybe pile for now.

• @RetroVortex said: A "Her-O-Meter", that fills up when you play well.

The way that reads, it looks like when that fills up, you turn into a girl. That would be an interesting game.

This discussion has been closed.