User Avatar Image

LOL i just realized campman made up his entire story

posted by Siniistar on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

if you loot the car he tells you clem is wearing his son's hoodie.

>his son's hoodie

>son's hoodie

what male child wears a pink hoodie???

I think what happened was campman ambushed whoever was really in the car, chased them into the woods, and killled them. He then cut off one of their heads and put it in a bag to be his "wife". That's why the keys were still in the ignition for the car. It was more than likely a woman traveling with her daughter(who ended up becoming his fake family in his mind). If you check his story it makes no sense. Why would he leave his car opened and unlocked with the keys inside it to go HUNTING with his kid? and why would he go hunting when he already had food? in the middle of the night no less.

yeah, he was just a psychopath.'

EDIT: apparently the looting happened while he was searching for his son. Even still my point stands that it all never really happened in the first place

54 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @CarScar said: What I got out of the story:

[LIST]
    [*]Dad takes son out in the woods to teach him how to shoot (which is a good trait to know now)
    [*]Son gets lost
    [*]Dad runs back to their camp (the car) and tells mom and daughter that the son is missing
    [*]Mom gives that "I hate you so much" glare
    [*]They run out into the woods not caring about the state of their car
    [*]They're out in the woods looking for their son until until like midnight
    [*]They go back to their car to see that their supplies are gone
    [*]Mom is like wtf dude where ma jerky at
    [/LIST]

Or something, I don't know. That sweater looks more red then pink btw, it would look fine on a boy.

it cant be like that as the car was out of fuel, i think they went hunting the son went missing he returned without his son they looked and couldn't find him, then shortly after that through bad planning they end up in the middle of nowhere with no fuel, they go insane and leave the car with the lights on and the keys in the ignition then comes back later to find the car empty

i know the going insane part is improbable but i cant think of a good reason to leave the car the way he did that matches his story

• @thestalkinghead said: it cant be like that as the car was out of fuel, i think they went hunting the son went missing he returned without his son they looked and couldn't find him, then shortly after that through bad planning they end up in the middle of nowhere with no fuel, they go insane and leave the car with the lights on and the keys in the ignition then comes back later to find the car empty

i know the going insane part is improbable but i cant think of a good reason to leave the car the way he did that matches his story

They leave the car to go look for the son.. right?

• @Dildor said: They leave the car to go look for the son.. right?

its the details that are important, he said he returned to his wife with no son and that later it was the loss of the supplies that made her finally leave so unless they decided that their missing son was dead after one search they cant have been looking for their son when Lee stole the supplies (unless it was a planned search later after he was missing).

and the way the car was left was so reckless, it was the opposite of hidden and the door noise would probably eventually attract zombies, there needed to be something he didn't mention for them to leave the car like they did

• Is it possible the car ran out of fuel before his son went missing?

• @Yertos said: Is it possible the car ran out of fuel before his son went missing?

i think is possible, but he could have just found more fuel, and also that doesn't explain why it was left with the lights on, the door open and the keys in the igntion

• I agree.. maybe he was already stalking that other family before and a conflict occured. I mean, in his story, his wife and son were alive as well as Lee's group came to their car. He got a good enough look of Kenny and Katjaa and others so they were nearby while looting. There were little children in the group, so a family would have seen them as a lot less threatening. Why not come out and greet but stay lurking in the shadows?

I feel there may be more to his story indeed.

• If his family was there then like you said they would not have stayed hidden. So it had to be just him. So then why did he say his wife left AFTER their supplies were gone? The plot thickens...

Actually, it's probably just a plot hole or something Telltale didn't fully think through for his side of the story, cause with him dead and the conclusion of Season 1, really doubt there's anyway they could give more details.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Siniistar said: if that hoodie was supposed to be red then that's the pinkest red i've ever seen in my life

that or i'm clearly color blind

Check monitor calibration. ;)

No, seriously, it IS red. The main problem with the color palette of the game might be that colors are meant to be muddied. They just can't give that hoodie so much saturation to make the clearest of color statements.

Also, I don't think it would be of much use posting screenshots where the saturation is cranked up just to 'prove' it's a red hoodie. YES, it doesn't APPEAR as all too red in the game.

• I read somewhere that real men wear pink... I think it was on a purple t-shirt.

• Guys, you are missing out the most important fact here.
    Telltale used two diferent voice actors for the same character. Why would they do that?
    The voice on the radio and the stranger in the end have diferent voice actors, but Telltale tricked us to believe they were the same person.
    I think it's too odd to just change voices like that for the final episode. It doesn't make sense to me.

Add Comment