User Avatar Image

Carley was a bitch

posted by Doctanian on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

Now that I think about it.

I mean, she provoked the fuck out of Lilly. Yes, she was defending Ben and Lilly was going crazy, but if she had just shut the fuck up, Lee probably could've defused the situation (if you're defending Ben). Lee's been able to keep the peace (for the most part) between Kenny and Lilly, so at that critical moment, it was probably best for her to stay out of it. She knew Lilly lost her dad, she knew Lilly was the one holding the group together and therefore took all the pressures. If it wasn't for Lilly sniping, everyone would've been executed at the motel by the bandits.

#TeamLilly

Fuck Carley, God I miss Lilly.

148 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @CarScar said: That's really nice to here! The problem with Carley is that she doesn't have the survival instincts that Lilly has... honestly I think that's her best quality though. It's so refreshing seeing a character with a lot of humanity left, ya know? I also really like the stark difference between Carley and Lilly too, it's very interesting seeing characters with completely different views butt heads with one another.

Good point, she only really confides in with Lee. It would have been better if she was willing to speak her mind, say the things she says to Lee, to the group as well. It's possible she doesn't because it would just create more drama though, I mean if she told the group that she wanted Lee to take charge Lilly and Kenny would just erupt. There isn't really a point in trying to argue with those two anyways, god knows those two are quite stubborn. :p

Lilly was acting like the bad guy in this situation though. She needed to just calm down. Admittably she might not have been capable of doing so as she reached her "breaking point" if you will. Every negative emotion she kept bottled up probably just erupted at that point. And when she shot Carley, releasing all that pent up rage she just had this look on her face that just said "what have I done..?"

It's not like Carley didn't want to deal with the situation though, she just didn't want to approach the situation as Lilly did. I mean, what if Ben wasn't the traitor? That's mean you just "tortured" this young man for no reason. She wanted to approach the situation more rationally.

"We need to look at the facts. We'll calm down, eat, and deal with it then.

Although it's always possible if they didn't deal with it now, because of the group was in the dark in regards to what the traitors motive was, the traitor could have killed, or endangered the group. Although that isn't something someone like Carley would consider because she's loyal and trusting towards Ben. In that way Lilly was right (which is why she's in a higher place of power, she has those survival instincts), but Carley was still right that the situation was getting out of hand and everyone needed to calm down.

Carley did simply try to calm the situation down (she really didn't get angry until Lilly brought up her family, I think that struck a nerve or something), simply pleading Lilly to stop being so harsh with her accusations. Like I said before though, Lilly is stubborn. Carley got impatient and gave that oh so famous line of hers. You can't really blame Carley with getting impatient though, Lilly was being quite unreasonable and wasn't listening to anything Lee nor Carely was saying. It might have been best to just stay quiet though, but it's not in her nature. She's friends with Ben and couldn't stand watching him in pain. It could be argued that it was stupid but, usually, most noble causes are "stupid."

Two very interesting points actually. A rivalry between Lilly and Carley over Lee would have been interesting to see, I wish Telltale would have brought it out more. When Lilly accused Carley, although being annoyed / upset, wasn't really "fighting back." It's only really when Lilly brought up her family was when she started to really fight back in that instance.

"You're in no positions to be making demands."
    "Whoa whoa whoa, you're just throwing out fingers here! ... We should calm down, eat, then deal with it."

"She never talk about her family, she could be related to those bastards for all we know."
    "Whoa, my family is not a bunch of meth-riddled forest people! They're fucking Lutheran!!!"

Your second really interesting point is how people didn't know what happened at St. Johns. All Carley knows is that Larry is dead, she doesn't actually know the circumstances that happened which would result in Lilly being so unwilling to trust people / so unstable. I mean I wouldn't trust people after a comrad dropped a salt lick on my dad, and in Lilly's case it would be especially potent if Lee were involved. Very, very interesting point though. I completely forgot that no one knew.

Carley did want to find the traitor, she just wanted it to be done in a more civil fashion if you will. Lilly was in a state where she sees everyone as a possible enemy, after what Kenny did, she wanted to deal with it now because she wouldn't want another comrad to kill one of her companions again. She didn't want to see someone else hurt like her dad (e.g. Clementine or Lee, if he attempted to save Larry). I bet Ben would have told everyone if Lilly wasn't acting so crazy, I mean the kid was already terrified of her.

The best thing to do (in my opinion) would be to immediately approach the situation in a civil manner. Ben would have likely confessed, he'd give his side of the story, everyone would understand. Only one who wouldn't understand would be Kenny because of Duck's condition, but fuck him he'd be in the minority. I don't even think Katjaa would be upset with Ben considering she's, ya know, a saint.

I agree. Kenny's families death probably caused a lot more depression but Lilly's father's death likely caused her to lose almost all trust she has in people (aside with Lee, if he helped save her dad).

I wonder what would have happened if Carley was in Lilly's shoes and Doug (assuming he survived the pharmacy) was in Larry's position (assuming those twos relationship developed over the two month span of episode 1 and 2). How would Carley react?

Yeah it was karma. After abandoning Shawn and killing Larry... That karma wave hit him hard though. He was hypocritical too. Duck was sure to die, sure to turn into a walker, a sure danger to the group. It was unknown if Larry was going to die (he actually starts to breathe if you do enough CPR on him), unsure if he was going to turn into a walker, unsure if he was going to be a danger to the group.

Agree completely, I forgot about the dick moves Kenny does. Too further strengthen your point Lilly actually says she is against Kenny's view on Beatrice (the lady on the street) and that putting her out of her misery, despite costing them supplies, would have been better.

Kenny should have told the group what he did, maybe then that hate they put on Lilly would transfer to Kenny (as it rightfully should have). I still remember that line Lilly said in episode 2:

"Everyone is starting to hate me because I ration the food..."

Maybe if Kenny or Lee or someone told the group what happened in the meat locker she'd gain more sympathy and become much less angry and violent. All she needed was love. :(

I liked her and everything she did except shooting Carley. She'll always be super badass though.

Yes the roads are dangerous but it's also a huge gamble to stay in the motel where there's few supplies and many dangerous bandits. If one day a stray arrow hit Clementine or Duck or something... the thought makes me sad. :(

Speaking of the Larry incident. It's different than Lee's brother. Different than Duck. Lee and Kenny knew their loved ones were dead. Lee's bro was a zombie, Katjaa killed herself, and Duck was doomed by bite. She didn't know if Larry died (despite evidence suggesting he was still alive). And that's the worst thing, not knowing.

• Why is this even a thread? This sound like someone is just trolling :confused:

It's pointless and people are just going to argue...

• @Doctanian said: Going on the road was a terrible idea. The events of the game proved it.

And staying at the motel proved to be a bad idea as well.

@Doctanian said: Speaking of the Larry incident. It's different than Lee's brother. Different than Duck. Lee and Kenny knew their loved ones were dead. Lee's bro was a zombie, Katjaa killed herself, and Duck was doomed by bite. She didn't know if Larry died (despite evidence suggesting he was still alive). And that's the worst thing, not knowing.

The guys heart stopped, he was as good as dead. What evidence that he was alive? She knew he was dead, she just couldn't accept it.

Anyways, I am glad Larry is gone. The asshole pushed me down in the pharmacy and left me for dead after saving his life. Lilly is an asshole as well, shooting another person based on flimsy evidence. No one is to blame except for her. I don't care how unstable she was, in fact, all the better reason to leave her on the side of the road.

• @YamiRaziel said:

3. I got to admit I thought it was Carley. I assumed her stupidity is just a clever act to deceive us. Point taken. Never underestimate stupidity.

I also thought it was Carley but also Ben. Ben seemed too defensive about everything I asked him about and Carley seemed dumb enough to do it.

Now, people like to attack Lilly for all sorts of things. That's funny, really, given the fact that she snaps right after your favourite Kenny kills her father.

I hated Kenny on both of my playthroughs. In my first one I didn't really side with him much and tried to help Lily save Larry even though I also couldn't stand her or her father much, of course that got on Kenny's bad side. In my second play though I befriended Kenny and helped him kill Larry then later on the fucker still says I haven't always been there for him which my Lee gladly cursed him out for. Either way. Lily was out of it and had no place trying to maintain some sort of leadership role. Both her and Kenny were shit "leaders" who looked to Lee for everything.

But of course it is okay for him to drink and grieve in ep.4, I mean he lost his family...we should be sympathetic.

I hated Kenny but I preferred his way of dealing with his grief over Lily. She chose violence, he chose to destroy himself. I don't see how you can defend Lily's irrational violent behavior and compare it to Kenny's.

Lilly was sitting in her room? How dare she....

Lily was sitting in her room hording supplies for herself while other people bust their butts in the woods getting them. She also chose to sit in her room and let someone else(Lee) solve the theft. She was a poor leader but just couldn't let the reigns go.

It is not also that Lilly saves the group and is the only one to react to the bandit attack. Nah, I'm so happy that Kenny (who was again sitting on his couch) was the one to save your asses.

I credit Lee more with saving the group during the attack. Lily and Kenny helped with the RV and rifle but really, I barely noticed her doing much shooting.

Even back in ep. 2 I was convinced that boat plan is the worst plan I've ever heard. I'm really surprised anyone in their right mind expected that boats would be waiting for them...

I agree, the boat idea sucked and on my first play through I constantly selected for Lee and Clem to go on their own. But nope, Lee HAD to go with Kenny for that stupid boat. It didn't surprise me that the boats were all gone or damaged. Kenny refused to think of any other plan besides his retarded boat idea. Never mind the fact that the boat needed gas to run and they barely had any food. But also staying at the motor inn for as long as they did was the dumbest idea ever as well. Yeah let's all keep staying in a location where we are all starving and there are known bandits roaming about...yeah they'll NEVER discover our location even when a crazy woman who may or may not be with them was able to record us. :rolleyes:

This is why both Lily and Kenny sucked as "leaders" they both wanted the job and both had awful ideas for survival that doesn't help the group at all and even get them killed. I wish the game was more free roaming cause I would have taken Clem and Carley, stole the RV and split.

• @CrazyandProud said: And staying at the motel proved to be a bad idea as well.

The guys heart stopped, he was as good as dead. What evidence that he was alive? She knew he was dead, she just couldn't accept it.

Anyways, I am glad Larry is gone. The asshole pushed me down in the pharmacy and left me for dead after saving his life. Lilly is an asshole as well, shooting another person based on flimsy evidence. No one is to blame except for her. I don't care how unstable she was, in fact, all the better reason to leave her on the side of the road.

Didn't Lee, Carley, and Lilly kill most of the bandits? The only problem was walkers. They could've taken the RV not too far from the motel and took it back. Rick did it with the Prison.

Besides, the fact they left indirectly resulted in the deaths of Lee, Ben, Kenny, Chuck, and possibly Molly. So leaving increased the killcount.

Larry takes a breath. TellTale confirmed it. Whether it was alive or dead is up for debate. And you don't die from heart attacks so quickly, at least not commonly. Larry was a tough dude, so I'm not buying that so quickly.

• @StreetsAhead24 said: Why is this even a thread? This sound like someone is just trolling :confused:

It's pointless and people are just going to argue...

People argue all the time. Over who's going to be in season 2, what episode was best, which characters were best, etc. If you don't like debating why are you even on a thread encouraging it? Makes no fucking sense. That's like going to a bar and saying "why are all of you drinking beer?"

• @Doctanian said: Didn't Lee, Carley, and Lilly kill most of the bandits? The only problem was walkers. They could've taken the RV not too far from the motel and took it back. Rick did it with the Prison.

Besides, the fact they left indirectly resulted in the deaths of Lee, Ben, Kenny, Chuck, and possibly Molly. So leaving increased the killcount.

Larry takes a breath. TellTale confirmed it. Whether it was alive or dead is up for debate. And you don't die from heart attacks so quickly, at least not commonly. Larry was a tough dude, so I'm not buying that so quickly.

i think there were loads of bandits so they didn't kill all of them and i would imagine these guys hold a grudge, telltale confirmed larry moved his mouth but anybody(if they own the game) can confirm that

• @Doctanian said: Going on the road was a terrible idea. The events of the game proved it.

Have you read comics? Than you´d know that hitting road is best idea unless you have group which is able to defeat the horde of 100+ walkers and hell of a defence. In Motor Inn there were 8 people, 2 of those kids and only Lee, Lilly, Carley and Kenny (after what Mark was killed) who were able to shoot gun properly or slash an axe through walkers head. Their defence system were containers. In Alexandria horde got past 5 meters tall walls.

Eventually horde would hit the motor inn. They would hit them half-starved on top of it.

When Rick got stucked in church, with nearly no food and hostiles around him he didnt waited till the death will come for them all, he killed them and than moved on to Washington.

• @Doctanian said: Lilly was a bitch at the start, but after you save her dad and attempt to save him again, she's much, much more gentler towards Lee. In fact, she's Lee's second romantic interest, depending on his actions, of course, which is why I ship Lee/Lilly. Carley was obviously attracted to Lee, but this is the same girl who liked Doug a few months ago. She was the one afterall who asked him to investigate, so she really didn't suspect him. If she does accuse of you collaborating with Carley, it's more than likely out of spite and jealousy.

I agree that Lilly becomes much nicer to Lee, but that is really only a result of others stepping up their gain and giving others a chance or else Lee would've never got to know Lilly better or at all. She didn't like Carley going out there to save Lee, yet it ended up saving Larry's life later, which can make it evident that sometimes Lilly's harsh decisions are not the best way of going about things. They definitely had to leave that Motor Inn because there were still plenty of bandits firing off in those woods and even if they did return, Lilly was still wound up tight about to kill someone and Duck was dying. You have to keep moving in this reality or else everything will fall apart; happened to Rick's group and happened to Lees'.

As for Lilly being jealous and spiteful towards Lee if he sides with Carley, I really don't see that being the case, but either way, that makes her even more ill suited to be a leader for letting her emotions run wild like that. Carley's attraction to Doug seemed to be a mild crush while Lee and Carley's relationship really seemed to turn into genuine emotion for each other over the months of them looking out for each other and having great trust within each other as well. Everyone has their faults and Lilly's were brought out in full force after the death of her father. That's perfectly understandable, but not to the degree that she should remain leader, make decisions for six other people, and then kill another.

Add Comment